3rd Trimester

Where to get Nursing Bras?

I'm due in 10 days and have been wearing XL sports bras mostly. It's time to get busy and buy nursing bras before it's too late. I don't want to buy them online because I have gained a lot of weight and hate an uncomfortable bra.

Where would you recommend going? Target was horrible and the Macy's near me has no selection. For what it's worth, I live in the Boston area but am open to major store recommendations from all around.

TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Where to get Nursing Bras?

• I don't know what store to recommend but I highly recommend Bravado brand nursing bras.  I have the Double + and find it very comfortable.  Maybe google search "bravado nursing bra boston"... that's what I did for my city and was able to find a local store that sold them.
  • I have no clue where to get them but i got a gillan and malley (or something) and hate it. Its so uncomfortable. So i can say dont get that one!

edit thats the brand from target!

• Loading the player...
  • Motherhood has a big selection for $20-30 each.  Not bad.  Try to stay out of the breastfeeding stores, they are wayyy too expensive!  I would never pay $60 a bra! 
  • If you have a Motherhood nearby I highly recommend going there.  I bought 4 bras there for around $50 and they have been perfect!
  • I got fitted at Nordstrom's (just so I knew my true size), and then I bought my bras at www.breakoutbras.com.  They have a wide selection, good review of each bra in regards to sizing, and returns aren't an issue.  I will be buying my nursing bras for this DC about 2 weeks after it is born and my supply seems to be normalizing.  Until then I will be wearing the cheapo Target sleep bras/tanks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageColorado Babies 12:
    Motherhood has a big selection for $20-30 each.  Not bad.  Try to stay out of the breastfeeding stores, they are wayyy too expensive!  I would never pay $60 a bra! 

GO to the breastfeeding stores!  $60+ is worth it if you think about how often you'll be wearing the bras and how much abuse they'll be getting. motherhood usually has a pathetic selection and doesn't tend to carry anything in a cup size above E. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I love Bravado, I got one that looks like a sports bra which I sleep in.  I also have an Elle Macpherson nursing bra which has been really nice.

I don't recommend Motherhood Maternity, their bras weren't very comfortable to me.  I would invest in a good bra since you're going to be wearing it all the time, it might as well have good support and be comfortable.

• imagethatoneredhead:

I have no clue where to get them but i got a gillan and malley (or something) and hate it. Its so uncomfortable. So i can say dont get that one!

I bought one of those and hate it too!!!  They run small and are very uncomfortable!!!!

Renee- 37 DH - Chad - 39
    2/06 - surprise pregnancy - twins
    3/06 - m/c 1st baby at 6 weeks 
    5/06 -2nd baby had no heartbeat at 14 wks.
    D&E - Bled out. Blood transfusions. Week in ICU - Cheated Death!
    Diagnosis: Blood clotting and bleeding disorder, immune issues, & cervical stenosis
    5/10 - 1st IVF cycle - BFN
    FET - 10/12/10 - BFN
    1/11 - IVF with PGD - BFN
    IVF - May - BFN
    6/11 New RE - fingers crossed!
    9/11 - IVF - 4 transferred
    10/13 - BFP!!
    It's a boy! Clint Michael, Due in June!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagenaybird:
    imagethatoneredhead:

I have no clue where to get them but i got a gillan and malley (or something) and hate it. Its so uncomfortable. So i can say dont get that one!

I bought one of those and hate it too!!!  They run small and are very uncomfortable!!!!

Even their regular bras suck too.

OP, try Burlington Coat factory. They have some inexpensive ones there & I plan on getting a couple of them until I have a better idea of the size, etc that i'm going to need or hopefully I will only need those if they fit nice & work well :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I personally like the Target ones.  Pretty sure I have one or two from Motherhood too.  I have a number of different sizes and styles.  I like Target because they are affordable and so I don't mind so much going back often to get a different kind as I lose my post-partum weight and as my breasts change sizes from the immediate engorgement to a few months later when they are pretty large to 10 months later when they suddenly deflate.  I also like to have some super soft, loose ones to sleep in and then some underwire ones with a little padding (to disguise the breast pads) that I wear with normal clothes during the day.  So I guess my best advice would be to be flexible in your decisions and just buy a couple for now.  Once you have baby then you can go back to the store and try on a few to figure out what you like best.

Oh yeah, also keep in mind that you might have leakage issues and baby spit-up issues a lot, so will want to frequently wash your bras.  I made sure to get some that weren't too delicate so I could just toss them in with the regular wash.  They have held up well through 3 years of nursing.

Erin 2.19.06 - Carter Joseph 5.28.08 - Gavin David 6.16.10 - Liam Michael 4.29.12 - Baby Boy #4 due!
  • Do you have a bra store near you? Those stores offer lots of selection selection and will fit you properly. I don't mind spending money on a bra. A comfortable bra is worth it's weigh in gold. Targets nursing tanks go up to 2x so that is an option for comfort. 
  • I just ordered a bravado nursing bra and a nursing tank. I haven't recieved them yet but I have heard alot of great things about them.
    Audrey is going to be a big sister!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • For now get a nursing tank or something in a S/M/L sizing (Bravado is a great recommendation IMO).  Then after baby arrives and when you feel like your milk is in and the engorgement has settled a bit, go to a real store.  I love Intimacy (I think there's one in Boston) they can alter any bra into a nursing bra.  A good fitting bra is so nice.  And you will use them.  The nice part about a place that alters, if the fit is right you can get the cup taken in as you go down in cup size, also a nice reason to invest in a good bra. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I purchased a "cute" nursing bra from Motherhood and the underwire came out so there's that.  I have a few other Motherhood nursing bras from nursing my DD and the shape is completely gone.  I'm going to try a Bravado.
  • I was shopping on www.barenecessities.com and they have a good selection of nursing bras (including Bravado) in a large range of sizes and are having 25% off site wide sale. I think I'll be ordering a few today.... Big Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

• I hate buying items that I will only use for a short time, so I was cheap when shopping for these. I bought two on target.com clearance for $6 each. They look pretty unattractive but I'm sure will be fine for wearing around the house during maternity leave. And then I ordered 3 coobie bras for about $50 with a promo code I found online. The coobies are a one-size so I felt good about ordering them without worrying whether they'd still fit once my milk comes in. They are very comfortable and cute, too. I will keep wearing them after I'm done nursing so I didn't mind spending extra on those.
    June 2012 Mom (2.5 yr old boy), July 2015 Mom (team green), Babywearing newbie/enthusiast
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Motherhood Maternity.  They were having by 2 and get 1 free when I went last.  You only have 10 days left so you probably can't wait for deals or sales to come out, but they are $20-$30 on a regular day.  
  • I just picked up a few from Motherhood Maternity.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"