C-sections

a doula's take on c/s

Check out this blog, it was so nice to finally here an encouraging word for my choice to have a RCS instead of VBAC.

https://avital.blogspot.com/2011/01/cesarean-courage.html#axzz1qcI3r1zi

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: a doula's take on c/s

• Love this!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Love this!!  I started crying I thought it was so well written and well put!!  Thank you for sharing!
    BFP #1 August 2007, Lost Nov 2007, no heartbeat found at anatomy ultrasound at 19 wks
    BFP #2 March 2011, Baby Girl born November 2011!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • jb2rnjb2rn member
    Thank you. I still struggle. That image was haunting.
    b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• Thank you for posting that. It's the first time some one has pointed out that my CS was anything other than a 'failure' on my body's part. I am snuggling my baby boy and crying good tears.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That was fantastic!
    Pregnancy Ticker Birthday
  • Thank you for sharing!
  • Now I'm crying at work- thanks a lot! :)  If I get caught I'll just chalk it up to hormones (due in 4 weeks with baby #2).

Seriously, that's really beautiful.  You'd think that these sentiments would be more widely expressed but not in my experience.  Any input I've gotten from friends has been not to "give up" and have a RCS.  I'm tempted to repost this link on FB and tell them what to do with their (mostly) uninformed opinions. 

• What a beautiful way to put it!!! I also cried!!
  • That is a fantastic post.

Cut me open, indeed!

• Thank you for posting. I knew when we were TTC that I would be having an "elective" but medically recommended c/s. I've felt judged, second guessed myself many times, and had a hard recovery. I cried while reading this! It does take courage to say, cut me open, regardless of circumstance.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • A recent studyin Australia showed that only 8% of women have births without medical intervention. And I don't mean drug free. I mean intervention of cutting, tearing, stitches, suction, breaking collar bones, forceps etc etc etc. ie it's really a question of where you want your scar tissue.  The article essentially said women going through vaginal delivery were not being properly educated on what to expect.  
  • Beautiful!!  Thank you for posting.
  • thank you for sharing <3

10 months after having an unplanned cs I stll have guilt, shame and pain over what happened. 

Just. Thank you. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"