Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Post C-Section Pain/Cramps?

I'm now 4 1/2 weeks post C-section and have been having this funky crampy pains on the right side that I can feel in my back as well. It's been happening a lot more lately which I feel like may be due to increased activity.. which is a bummer cause I'm so antsy!

But has anyone else experienced crampy abdominal pain a month after the big C?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Post C-Section Pain/Cramps?

• Yes I'm actually almost 6 weeks now and im going through it as well. I actually think I got my period around 4 1/2 weeks but it stopped and now i'm bleeding a bit again. I will go and see my Dr. on friday.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If it is what I think it is, and I make no promises, this is purely an educated guess: Its totally normal post birth cramping. Nothing even to do with your C-Section. Remember your uterus grew to three times its size while pregnant, and now its shrinking back down to its pre-pregnancy size. Cramping is to be expected. I experienced this too, and remember wondering if this was some symptom of my C-section, but I called my doctor, and was told this was completely normal. If the pain gets worse, you should obviously call, but thats what it sounds like to me.
  • Loading the player...
  • The only thing I really had around that time was severe gas..I mean crippling it hurt so bad gas. I had never had painful gas like that before so it sucked.
    imageimage
  • I am starting to have a pulling feeling by my incision.  Since I FF and I am still experiencing pp bleeding I know AF could also start at any minute.  I attribute any discomfort to a) I am over doing it (like lifting my 36 lbs toddler) or b) my body is getting back to normal.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"