November 2012 Moms

Feeling Fat

I'm 11 weeks and I feel and look fat. I thought that I would have some lower abdominal bloating, but my whole mid section is bigger. I have no natural waste anymore. I haven't even gain that much weight (still have not gain back all the weight I lost during morning sickness), but I look like I've gained at least 15lbs. Sorry about the rant. I just want a cute baby bump instead of looking so chunky. Anyone else have this problem?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Feeling Fat

• Me too.  My doctor told me the hormones cause fat to deposit around your mid-section.  Awesome! 
    Married since 7/25/2009
    BFP #1 9/25/2011 | EDD 6/1/2012 | M/C 10/26/2011 at 8w6d
    BFP #2 3/13/2012 | EDD 11/23/2012
    9DPO hcg: 45; Prog: 41 | 14DPO hcg: 694 | 17DPO hcg: 2733 | 28DPO hcg: 53,006
    First u/s 4/13 showed a beating heart! Second u/s 5/2 showed a HB of 163! Let's GROW, baby!
    He's here! Kellen born 11/16/12 - 8 lbs 8 oz 22 inches long via scheduled c-section (breech baby, gestational diabetes mama)
  • I'm 9 weeks and just starting to feel it. I had lunch with the MIL today (she doesn't know yet) and I cried because all my shirts made my mid-section look fat...not pregnant.

Lets not let this bother us for a few more weeks. I bet it's just the hormones taking control yet again. The good thing is that you can start wearing maternity shirts!  :o)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I cried at 6 weeks when I got bloated for like 2 weeks and sobbed "I'm gonna be as big as Jessica Simpson!" hahaa... Just last week my DH said "Wow, you can see baby!" and I was just sad thinking... no you can't. I'm pudgy! But keep reminding myself... I'm pregnant!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • And I suppose (or HOPE!) we're only going to be getting bigger, right?!
    Married since 7/25/2009
    BFP #1 9/25/2011 | EDD 6/1/2012 | M/C 10/26/2011 at 8w6d
    BFP #2 3/13/2012 | EDD 11/23/2012
    9DPO hcg: 45; Prog: 41 | 14DPO hcg: 694 | 17DPO hcg: 2733 | 28DPO hcg: 53,006
    First u/s 4/13 showed a beating heart! Second u/s 5/2 showed a HB of 163! Let's GROW, baby!
    He's here! Kellen born 11/16/12 - 8 lbs 8 oz 22 inches long via scheduled c-section (breech baby, gestational diabetes mama)
  • ToiKenne- I guess it's just part of this stage! I'm so glad I'm not alone!
    TTC #1 BFP 6/1/2011 blighted ovum d&c 7/15/11
    TTC #2 BFP 12/6/11 chemical pregnancy natural mc 12/18/11
    TTC #3 BFP 3/19/12. 4/9: HR of 134! **Bake Turkey, Bake!**
    **All ALs Welcome**
  • I was looking at pictures last night of when I was PG with my last one and I was already showing at this point and you could see a baby bump.. I'm sure all ours are starting( thats a good thing its not fat its a baby bump hehe)
    IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Me!  I can't get over it, it's so weird.  I'm going shopping for new work clothes, this week has been really rough.

"A new baby is like the beginning of all things--wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• glad to hear i am not alone. hate feeling so bloated. wish i looked pregnant not just chubby. i am having baby number 3, older to are both girls. carrying differnetly then last two so hopefully a boy:) either way soon it will be a baby bump notjust water, hormones and bloating....

• I'm glad I'm not alone either! Sometimes I feel like I am showing since it feels a bit firmer than just getting chubby, but then that could very well be bloat. I looked in the mirror this morning thinking maybe I could see something, but then realized that that 'something' continued all the way around my midsection, Wink so it's obviously more gaining weight than a baby bump. Boo!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Same boat here. I think my face is getting puffier/fatter looking too. It is the awesome :( Ah, well, just part of it.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Im glad im not the only one. Cuz I'm feeling super bloated fat. My belly doesnt even feel hard. :(
  • imageCharlieMomma:
    I cried at 6 weeks when I got bloated for like 2 weeks and sobbed "I'm gonna be as big as Jessica Simpson!" hahaa... Just last week my DH said "Wow, you can see baby!" and I was just sad thinking... no you can't. I'm pudgy! But keep reminding myself... I'm pregnant!

I told my husband the same thing last night LOL.  I said by the way I look now Im going to look like Jessica Simpson by the end of this (ive gained like 1 pound, im over dramatic)...Im like still please love me if I get that huge..He just rolls his eyes at me ...He says "embrace the bump...its our baby"

imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers

DS-1/27/04 DS-11/5/12 MC-5/7/14 BFP: 5/27/14 

imageimageimage

• I started using my bellaband this week (I'm b/w 9 & 10 weeks) so I don't have to button my pants which makes me look more like I have a baby bump and less of just fat and bloated ;) 
  • With my first, I didn't look pg until 20wk, I just looked like I was getting fatter.

After 2 kids, my abs have figured out what is going on and they've already gone on vacation - I have to be VERY careful with my wardrobe choices to keep this hidden at work (job negotiations, I'm not ready to come out yet)

But here's a tip... If you want to look pregnant, wear maternity clothes. Even if that gut is not baby, they make it like it is!

The former jen5/03.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• oh thats so funny you say that, I just told my husband the same thing. i'm nine weeks & feel so fat & bloated. I hope its just a phase
    Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker image
  • I am already a fattie, so this is def something I am use to, saddly! But, I did lose some weight prior to getting preg, my 'smaller' clothes are still fitting, its harder to suck in, it hurts from all the bloating. I feel discusting and ugly! My last pregnancy I felt beautiful this one, just a fat, ugly blob! On the flip side, now that I am less sick, I will be back in the gym....I HATE feeling like this!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm just 8 weeks and feeling extremely fat and gross! I had been eating very healthy and working out for the last 8 months so I was slowly getting to the weight I wanted. But I have always carried extra weight in my midsection, so I am very self-conscious about this. I feel very bloated and my tummy is squishy still, not firm like a baby bump. It is so hard to deal with! Also, my clothes are not fitting, but I feel like its too soon to buy maternity clothes. Ughhh, whats a girl to do? Bite the bullet and buy them anyway?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"