Babies: 9 - 12 Months

I'm in nap hell

UGH.  All of a sudden within the last couple weeks it is impossible to get DS to nap in his crib, or anywhere besides the car.  He starts screaming as soon as I start lowering him into the crib.  Put him in the car and he can sometimes fall asleep within 10 mins (without crying), but I am tired of driving him twice a day just to get a nap! what is going on!? Any tips to get over this? I try rocking, music, all sorts of soothing, nothing is helping.  
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I'm in nap hell

• Does he cry for long?  DD has been crying when I put her in, but just for a minute or so then she rolls over and goes to sleep.
  • imageM&M227:
    Does he cry for long?  DD has been crying when I put her in, but just for a minute or so then she rolls over and goes to sleep.

Yeah, he keeps crying.  Like hard "get me out of here!" cries standing up.  Today for his afternoon nap I let him cry for a good five minutes, went in there and gave him the rest of his bottle and he finally fell asleep.  But I don't want him to have to rely on a bottle to fall asleep.  And usually, that doesn't even work but I got lucky today! 

• Loading the player...
  • Have you had his ears checked?  Ds did this with an ear infection and had no other symptoms. If they are fine he is testing you. We had to sleep train last week because out of nowhere his naps were a terrible fight and his night sleep was always awful
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • It might just be a nap strike. DS does this all the time. He completely protest naps one week and take amazing naps the next.

It's so frustrating.

• Try a Moses basket and / or a fully reclining stroller like Chico literary. Put the basket in the stroller and walk ?? 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"