Health & Exercise

exercises to perk up my butt?

So I've always had a fairly flat butt rather than a lovely rounded type.

Two pregnancies, and limited exercise has left my butt hanging somewhere down the back of my thighs.

I know I can't change my basic shape but would love to do something to lift my butt a bit.

I'm thinking cycling, squats and lunges.

Anything else? Any particular tips or thoughts?

Thanks 

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

Re: exercises to perk up my butt?

• iva always had a flat butt too and i found that doing squats (all diff types - you tube videos will show u many diff ways) has really toned up my butt and made it not so flat any more! I also throw in lunges but its really the squats that do it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I agree with the PP, squeeze your butt at the top of each type of squats and that will do the trick! Also if you feel like doing a really cheezy old school video, the original buns of steel will seriously kick your butt!

EDITEDEVERLYBEAUTYSHOT565923_751707052852_1602485043_n_zps74c305a1 photo EDITEDEVERLYBEAUTYSHOT565923_751707052852_1602485043_n_zps74c305a1-1_zps6c64b4ff.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I second the running. 
  • Running again.  But if you don't see yourself running, walking fast at a good incline (at least 5%) is really great too.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Yeah running isn't for me. I wear a a 34H bra, and even the best sports bra in the world only does so much for me.

I did wonder about hiking in the ranges behind our house. It's low impact but lots of steep incline. 

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• I think that would be great for your butt.  Even though I run regularly, whenever I hike in the mountains my butt is super sore, so I know it's really working my glutes!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Hill sprints, not just running, take off at high speed intervals, also jumping squats! Use weights for lunges. Also back lift, bend over something with heels locked and raise your upper body up, raises your ass. :)  

• Don't forget the gluteus medius! Sculpt these oft-overlooked babies with standing sideways leg lifts and don't let your pelvis sag on the standing leg side. (that's the side that really does most of the work)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • If you don't mind exercise videos, I've heard really great things about Brazilian Butt Lift, its from BeachBody (P90X people) and I know they put out high quality videos.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"