Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Recommend your infant carrier please!

DD is nearly 4 weeks old and now hates her Moby.  She is a cuddler and loves to be carried/held all the time.  She isn't content when placed in a bouncer, on her blanket, frankly anything that deals with her not being carried. The Moby worked for the first 2 1/2 weeks.  Now she screams and tries pushing her way out of it.  I need to try another carrier for her and would love to hear feedback from others.  Could anyone suggest another great infant sling/carrier system?  Thanks!
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Recommend your infant carrier please!

• I've only tried a Moby so far, but I can say that my LO hated the Moby at 4 weeks and would try to stand and fight his way out of it. I kept trying different foot positions and now he falls asleep almost as soon as he's put inside of it. She might be going through a phase, so don't give up on the Moby forever. Good luck though for now!
    Micah Leonard
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I'm purchasing the Beco Gemini. You can forward front face, inside face and carry on back. The price point is $135 :)
    Took 2 years & 8 months to make our baby! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I LOVE my Baby Bjorn... LO hates being strapped into her carseat, so it's made grocery shopping and running errands really easy (although, with it getting hot it, this may be limited)... I also use it alot to do housework. I have the Moby but have only figured out the kangaroo hold, and no matter what I try I feel like I can't get it tight enough, but it's nice because its lower profile (i can see more directly in front of me) and let's her be ina more natural curled up position.  Although, I got my baby bjorn at a rummage sale for $20, I don't know that I would've spent the $80 or whatever they are to buy it new.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love my Ellaroo mei tai. Check Craigslist in your area, too.  Ours always has tons of different carriers. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've been using a Moby and just started using the Kozy.  We also have a RingSling and an Ergo (all borrowed) but we haven't tried them yet.  

LO really likes being carried and will pretty much only nap that way.  It took some time to get used to using them though. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love my Moby, but recently got a Baby K'Tan, also, and I love it, too!

I have Chic Papoose sling, and I really loved it when DS was younger than 4 weeks, but after that I felt like he was too big for it. I am waiting for him to have better neck control so that we can use it in a hip carry.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have the Ergo Baby and absolutely love it!  I put DS in it and he is asleep within minutes and I can get stuff done!  I love that it grow with baby.. up to 40 lbs and can be used with infant carrier insert, in front, on side and on back.

https://www.amazon.com/Ergo-baby-Baby-Carrier-Galaxy/dp/B002NGMXR2

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 2013 Books Read: 2/25 Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We have the Britax Baby Carrier.  So far so good!!
    Mayfaerie Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
  • Try the Hug Hold, instead of the Newborn hold. Maybe your LO is ready to have their legs out early
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"