Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Suddenly refusing table food

DS has been fighting the crud for a week now and I suspect that he is teething as well. He was a great eater but for the last week and a half he has been seriously uninterested in food. He will sometimes nibble on something very familiar (I.e. toast, green beans, puffs, melts, etc.) but won't eat most things including previous favorites like pasta. I have successfully given him pur?es on a few days but in general, he's just not eating much. He's nursing ok, not great. My gut is telling me he'll be back to normal once he feels better but have any of you experienced this? Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Suddenly refusing table food

• Options
    DD has been like this the past two days.  I think she's getting a cold, because last week she was refusing purees and only wanting to feed herself table foods.  She's still drinking her bottles, so I figure she's getting what she needs!
    Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • Options
    We just went through this a week ago and it was due to teething.  DD just wasn't interested in any table food.  I had to give her some purees that I had frozen and I had some leftover jars of baby food that I gave her.  She ate those up just fine.  She just didn't want to "chew".
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My DS did this with an ear infection. His only symptoms were poor sleeping and eating.

My two boys are getting a surprise May 2015!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    DD is doing this now too. She is still taking her bottles though so I assume she is getting what she needs. It did help a bit when I put her in her chair then ate my own meal at the table. I wasn't staring at her and when I looked back she had eaten most of her sweet potato. Little diva didn't want to be watched!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"