Breastfeeding

How do you label your bottles?

Right now I only pump about 2 ounces a day (just one session on one breast).  I put the bottles in the fridge in sequence and use them as needed throughout the week.  I usually freeze whatever I have left on Sunday.

Well lately, I feel uncomfortable freezing my entire fridge worth on Sunday incase I need to do go somewhere without him on Monday.  I think part of this is because I have never defrosted a bag of milk and it is intimidating.

Anyways, how do you label your bottles?  I was thinking of a color coding system, but I might be overthinking this.

BabyFruit Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How do you label your bottles?

• Defrosting a bag of milk is totally not awful at all - put in a bowl of warm water, just like you'd warm a bottle, and you're set!

I'm also quite partial to masking tape and a sharpie for labeling. Very simple, very easy, very cheap.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We use a wax pencil
    *Baby #2*
    Due January 25, 2015
    Pregnancy Ticker

*George Julius*
    March 6, 2012*
    6lbs 15oz - 19.5"*

• Loading the player...
  • what are your plans for the frozen milk. It is only good for about 3 months in a regular freezer, so you might want to start cycling through the stash soon.

Honestly, I don't label the bottles in the fridge. I typically only pump when I am work, so there is usually not too much milk in the fridge at any one time. we sometimes use different shelves to if we have milk from different days. 

imageimage
  • I use medela bottles and their labeling lids.  They fit all standard bottles.  I love them!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • AmyRIAmyRI member
    I write the date on the cap with a wax pencil.
    #3 Due April 2016
  • I use post-it flags. I got them at Target.

Post-it Flags, 1/2 inch, Assorted Bright Colors, One Dispenser of 100 Flags 

• We use the round stickers that you use at garage sales.  
    Pregnancy Ticker

• masking tape and sharpie.  And FWIW my milk doesn't last 7 days in fridge before it seems to go bad.  
    TTC #1 May 2007
    M/C January 2008
    DS February 16th, 2009

TTC #2 July 2010
    Diagnosed MFI
    IUI#1 w/ bravelle 5/12/11 -- 0% morph on day of IUI, but somehow BFP:
    Beta #1 38 at 12dpiui, Beta #2 85 at 14dpiui Beta #3 1100 at 19dpiui
    DD born December 28, 2011 at 34w6d

Baby #3 due June 14, 2015

• I use scotch tape and a sharpie on fresh bottles - easy and cheap :)

When I freeze (which is not as often as I'd like...) I generally use the Medela freezer bags and fill them (they hold max of 5 oz).  They have a strip at the top to label on.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"