Stay at Home Moms

Anyone have a BFN when they were actually pregnant? maybe TMI?

With DS2 I took a hpt in December 2010 (we concieved mid-November) after I missed my period and it was a BFN. I guess I tested too early so I didn't know I was pregnant until mid-January.

Fast forward a bit, my period is all out of whack and instead of having a full on period, I had light pink blood on Wednesday that didn't require a tampon or pad- possible implantation? The thing is... we aren't really trying to have a baby.. but we're not, not trying. I'm not on BC or anything but we use condoms before he goes. Anyways, I have been feeling nauseated since yesterday and I took a hpt mid-day yesterday and it was a BFN. I swear I feel pregnant... but the hpt said no.

Anyone have a similar experience with the same symptoms? Were you actually pregnant or not?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone have a BFN when they were actually pregnant? maybe TMI?

• imagescatteredtrees:

The time of day and type of test could impact your results. 

For example, I recently learned that a digital test isn't as sensitive as the other kinds, so if you test too early with a digi you're more likely to get a false negative. Also, if you test first thing in the morning, your urine is more concentrated and will have higher levels of hGC and will show a positive result sooner.  

Yeah it was a digital test and about noon. I just "feel" pregnant. My boobs hurt but I also still breastfeed DS2. I don't know if I should wait a few days before taking another hpt.

• imageGastro:
    I had a false negative. I took a pregnancy test in the morning and it was positive. Was in disbelief so I bought another test and tested in the afternoon, got negative. Then took a digital test that night and it said pregnant. I think I drank too much water in the afternoon....

This is what I'm afraid of... I just want to know if I am or not. And I don't believe the hpt.

• Loading the player...
  • The only way I could get a HPT to give a BFP was to pee in a cup with my first am pee. With my first two PGs I had BFNs (several with #1) until I went the cup route. With #3 I went straight to the cup. All tests were taken 5ish days after missed period, if that helps.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I recently had a 2 month spell with no AF and felt pg. I am not.

It's very rare to get a false negative unless you're testing early. If you have no idea when you O'd, I would keep testing every 3 days or so until you get a bfp or AF comes. If you go 60+ days without a period see your doctor.

• imageKC_13:

I recently had a 2 month spell with no AF and felt pg. I am not.

It's very rare to get a false negative unless you're testing early. If you have no idea when you O'd, I would keep testing every 3 days or so until you get a bfp or AF comes. If you go 60+ days without a period see your doctor.

I think I may have tested too early or maybe my period is late.

• image3lilbeans:
    The only way I could get a HPT to give a BFP was to pee in a cup with my first am pee. With my first two PGs I had BFNs (several with #1) until I went the cup route. With #3 I went straight to the cup. All tests were taken 5ish days after missed period, if that helps.

Yeah I think I will give my period a chance to show up-like maybe a week. I have had a false negative before so I know it happens.

• This happened to me last year. I was keeping track of everything. AF was hitting EXACTLY for months. Last March it didn't come...I tested first thing in the morning the day AF was suppose to start. BFN. I took one, sometimes 2 a day for 3 days, all of them were BFN's. I was using First Response because everyone told me they were best. I ran out and had to go to town to buy some, on April Fool's Day no less. I bought Clear Blue Easy Digital and First Response, came home and tested with both. The Clear Blue popped up "Pregnant" almost immediately, I could just barely see a line on FR if I held it in the light just right. This was 5 days AFTER AF was suppose to show.

April '14 Siggy Challenge:

god damn you're so effing cute gifimage

• imageGastro:
    I had a false negative. I took a pregnancy test in the morning and it was positive. Was in disbelief so I bought another test and tested in the afternoon, got negative. Then took a digital test that night and it said pregnant. I think I drank too much water in the afternoon....

This happened to me last time. Make sure your urine is really concentrated.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagesdo_082989:

This happened to me last year. I was keeping track of everything. AF was hitting EXACTLY for months. Last March it didn't come...I tested first thing in the morning the day AF was suppose to start. BFN. I took one, sometimes 2 a day for 3 days, all of them were BFN's. I was using First Response because everyone told me they were best. I ran out and had to go to town to buy some, on April Fool's Day no less. I bought Clear Blue Easy Digital and First Response, came home and tested with both. The Clear Blue popped up "Pregnant" almost immediately, I could just barely see a line on FR if I held it in the light just right. This was 5 days AFTER AF was suppose to show.

Wow that is crazy. I'm just going to have to wait.

• There was a point last year where I went 50 days between my period for no known reason. All my tests came back negative and I was not pregnant.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Natural MC - 4/18/10 (9 weeks)
    DS was born six weeks early on December 2010!
    Natural MC - 11/21/11 (7 weeks)
    DS born full term on October 2012!
  • imageDelphianraven:
    There was a point last year where I went 50 days between my period for no known reason. All my tests came back negative and I was not pregnant.

Did you have any signs for pregnancy (other than your period being late)?

• yep... i was peeing on sticks left and right for 1 month before i got the positive.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"