November 2011 Moms

GTKY: let's talk real estate

This is a house poll:

What kind of house do you live in?  Condo/apartment, townhouse, stand-alone house?

Urban/suburban/rural?

Busy street/quiet cul-de-sac?

Do you have a garden?  What do you grow?

What's your favorite thing about your house?

Your least favorite?

What is at the top of your wish list of things you want to do to your house/yard?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: GTKY: let's talk real estate

• What kind of house do you live in?  Condo/apartment, townhouse, stand-alone house? single family house

Urban/suburban/rural? suburban

Busy street/quiet cul-de-sac? small cul-de-sac...not very quite because we have a ton of 9/10 year old boys who play sports in the street and also love to shoot fireworks randomly

Do you have a garden?  What do you grow? We have a garden but DH takes care of it.  We have an herb garden and just planted a small vegetable garden with tomatoes and zucchini. DD got her own little plot this year and chose to plant carrots.  We also have a few flower beds.

What's your favorite thing about your house? We have a small loft right above the living room that we use for a playroom.  It's awesome.

Your least favorite? Our neighborhood.  We can't wait to move. Also, ants.  We get them every year and no amount of cleaning gets rid of them.

What is at the top of your wish list of things you want to do to your house/yard? Paint outside, put in new floors in the kitchen and living room, we need a new roof but that's not really a want :/

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • What kind of house do you live in?  Condo/apartment, townhouse, stand-alone house? House, we are also building right now so will be moving in the fall 

Urban/suburban/rural? Suburban, small city but we are moving out of the city limits so more country

Busy street/quiet cul-de-sac? Right now a fairly busy street. It's on the corner so a lot of traffic

Do you have a garden?  What do you grow? No, I kill all of my plants

What's your favorite thing about your house? The kitchen. We have so many cabinets!!

Your least favorite? I guess the closets. It's pretty small

What is at the top of your wish list of things you want to do to your house/yard?

We are knocking that out by building haha!  

• Loading the player...
  • What kind of house do you live in?  Condo/apartment, townhouse, stand-alone house? I live in a house

Urban/suburban/rural? technically we live in the suburbs, but our "suburb" is a little town that's been around for a long time... we have our own little post office, grocery store, and downtown.  it doesn't feel like the 'burbs.

Busy street/quiet cul-de-sac? our street is fairly quiet but we live at the very edge of our neighborhood and right next to a pretty busy street

Do you have a garden?  What do you grow? I do!  I plant an herb garden with basil, rosemary, thyme, etc, and we have tomatoes and peppers.  I like to plant flowers in pots and in my window boxes. 

What's your favorite thing about your house? Our house was built in 1942 and there are a lot of details like lots of crown molding and built-ins. 

Your least favorite? Our guest bathroom is original to the house and is pink tile, floor to ceiling.

What is at the top of your wish list of things you want to do to your house/yard? We need new carpeting in the bedrooms.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• This is a house poll:

What kind of house do you live in?  Condo/apartment, townhouse, stand-alone house? Apartment

Urban/suburban/rural? Suburban/Rural

Busy street/quiet cul-de-sac? Quiet street

Do you have a garden?  What do you grow? No; I am terrible with plants

What's your favorite thing about your house? My walk in closet/french doors into the nursery

Your least favorite? Wish I had my own washer/dryer

What is at the top of your wish list of things you want to do to your house/yard? I want to get a giant area rug to cover up this terrible carpet that my dog has screwed up

• imageJenny952:

This is a house poll:

What kind of house do you live in?  Condo/apartment, townhouse, stand-alone house? Stand alone house

Urban/suburban/rural? urban- right in the middle of Phoenix

Busy street/quiet cul-de-sac? a cul-de-sac off a busy street

Do you have a garden?  What do you grow? my husband takes care of the garden, so whatever flowers he has.

What's your favorite thing about your house? the size and space. 4br 3ba 2200 sq. ft.

Your least favorite? It's old. Built in 1958, still doing renovations.

What is at the top of your wish list of things you want to do to your house/yard? completely remodel the master bath and kitchen

Married 02.06.10
    DS1 born 11.19.11
    DS2 born 07.02.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagedesine77:

This is a house poll:

What kind of house do you live in? Townhouse

Urban/suburban/rural? Suburban

Busy street/quiet cul-de-sac? Quiet street, mostly. 

Do you have a garden?  What do you grow? I have a thriving weed garden.

What's your favorite thing about your house? Dh and I each have our own walk-in closet in our bedroom, and our ceilings are really high (like 11 feet on the main level)

Your least favorite? Its worth 100k (or more) less than we paid for it, so we're stuck, and it only has 3 bedrooms.  Oh, and the deck gets nothing but full sun, making it unbearable to be on it for most of the day. 

What is at the top of your wish list of things you want to do to your house/yard? Paint, work on the tiny yard/garden

Big A 06-07-08 Little A 11-11-11
  • What kind of house do you live in? Condo/apartment, townhouse, stand-alone house? single-family home

Urban/suburban/rural? suburban. I think?

Busy street/quiet cul-de-sac? It's not super busy, but cars go super fast on it cuz it's a hill. gonna keep a close eye on DS when he starts toddling around the yard!

Do you have a garden? What do you grow? Yes, flowers. Geraniums, pansies, petunias, marigolds. Alittle of each. Thinking of doing a couple perennials this year.

What's your favorite thing about your house? The fact that it has a washer/dryer and garage! Because a) we cloth diaper and b) we live in MN so it's SO nice not having to shovel/scrape off our cars. We rent, and it is real slim pickings for rentals in this city where DH got a job. It was a super rare find to get a place with both of those AND within our budget.

Your least favorite? You can't run two water-making things at the same time. Shower and washer, shower and dishwasher, etc

What is at the top of your wish list of things you want to do to your house/yard? Move out cuz we bought our own house! Not for another year or 2 though...

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• What kind of house do you live in?  Condo/apartment, townhouse, stand-alone house?

single family home

Urban/suburban/rural?

suburban

cul-de-sac

no

There isn't a single thing I like about my house.  It's a roof over our heads.

Your least favorite?

The layout sucks

Sell it

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageJenny952:

This is a house poll:

What kind of house do you live in?  Condo/apartment, townhouse, stand-alone house? Single family home

Busy street/quiet cul-de-sac? Quiet street at the very end of the road.

Do you have a garden?  What do you grow? No, but I want to start one.  I think it is a good idea to learn how to grow your own food.  We have a lot of rabbits though and I worry about the fight!

What's your favorite thing about your house? Its location...I don't really like my house anymore.  It was perfect for DH and I, but now I feel too closed in with the kids and all their stuff.

Your least favorite? Split level, crappy layout, small rooms, small closets.

What is at the top of your wish list of things you want to do to your house/yard? New deck, new exterior door, paint all the trim white and replace all the interior doors with white 6 panel doors.

photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary

• What kind of house do you live in?  Condo/apartment, townhouse, stand-alone house?  Stand-alone house

Urban/suburban/rural? Rural

Busy street/quiet cul-de-sac? Busy street and I hate it!!

Do you have a garden?  What do you grow?  Yes and i love to garden!  I grow tomatoes, green peppers, cucumbers, strawberries, onions, lettuce, this year I want to do beets and cauliflower too.  I literally can not wait to get everything planted :-)

What's your favorite thing about your house?  Umm....nothing.  LOL!  I guess I like the fact that it's updated.  I want to move but the market is crazy expensive where I live (North Dakota) and we can't afford anything else right now.

Your least favorite?  We have a small back yard and live on a busy street.

What is at the top of your wish list of things you want to do to your house/yard?  We are getting a fence in a couple of weeks which was at the top of my wish list.  Last year we renovated our bathroom which was also at the top.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This is a house poll:What kind of house do you live in?  Condo/apartment, townhouse, stand-alone house?"Detached Condo" So it's a standalone house but has an arch attaching us to our next door neighbors. Urban/suburban/rural? SuburbanBusy street/quiet cul-de-sac? Cul-de-saceDo you have a garden?  What do you grow? I have a lot of plants that are dying of thirst!What's your favorite thing about your house? The master suite.Your least favorite? The lack of formal living and dining. What is at the top of your wish list of things you want to do to your house/yard? I think we're done with upgrades... we recently put in shutters and built-ins. We're only planning on being in this house for another year or so, so that's probably all she wrote for improvements.
  • What kind of house do you live in? Apartment.

Urban/suburban/rural? Suburban.

Busy street/quiet cul-de-sac? It's a side street right off the highway.

Do you have a garden? I wish. Someday when I have a house house.

What's your favorite thing about your house? N/A

Least favorite? I am so sick of apartment living. The neighbors upstairs stomp around and drop stuff so often I could swear they must be elephants. Downstairs we have some college kids who are oblivious to respecting others. I can hear their bass thumping through my floor all night long. AND! This place is way too tiny for 4 people.

Wish list: To have an actual house!  

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• What kind of house do you live in?  Condo/apartment, townhouse, stand-alone house?  Stand-alone house

Busy street/quiet cul-de-sac? Cul-de-sac with about 6 homes and 8 little boys aged 10 and under. It will be perfect when my boys are older. 

Do you have a garden?  What do you grow?  No, I tend to kill any plant that has the misfortune of coming into my home. :(

What's your favorite thing about your house?  The size of the master bedroom

Your least favorite?  No play-able (I just made that word up, right?) yard space, the size of the rest of the house

What is at the top of your wish list of things you want to do to your house/yard? Sell it. ;)

Not an option, so, I'd like to upgrade and remodel the master bath :) 

• What kind of house do you live in?  Condo/apartment, townhouse, stand-alone house?  Stand alone

Urban/suburban/rural?  Urban I guess....I live in town, but my city is less than 30,000, so urban doesn't seem like the right term

Busy street/quiet cul-de-sac?  quiet street

Do you have a garden?  What do you grow?  Yes, the previous owner really knew what they were doing...I do not...needless to say we had some nice dandelions that were as big as the real plants last year!  But we are planning on tearing it all out to make a vegetable graden this year!!

What's your favorite thing about your house?  It's size!  2500 finished square feet, and we got it at a steal cause the guy just wanted out

Your least favorite?  It's size!  It take a lot of time to clean a house this big with 100+ year old wood work everywhere!

What is at the top of your wish list of things you want to do to your house/yard?  Get a new boiler so we can knock out the chimney.  Then we can redo the kitchen in a way that makes sense!

BFP #1 August 2007, Lost Nov 2007, no heartbeat found at anatomy ultrasound at 19 wks
    BFP #2 March 2011, Baby Girl born November 2011!!!
  • What kind of house do you live in?  Condo/apartment, townhouse, stand-alone house? Single Family

Urban/suburban/rural? I guess suburban

Busy street/quiet cul-de-sac? Pretty quiet

Do you have a garden?  What do you grow? I used to be our soil is pretty much sand so nothing would grow and not to mention we have no shade

What's your favorite thing about your house? We just re-did our bathroom in August and I LOVE it

Your least favorite? The layout

What is at the top of your wish list of things you want to do to your house/yard? Kitchen remodel, knock a whole in the wall to open up the kitchen to the dining room.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What kind of house do you live in? Condo/apartment, townhouse, stand-alone house? stand-alone house

Busy street/quiet cul-de-sac? quiet street, but not a cul-de-sac

Do you have a garden? What do you grow? our house had a HUGE flower garden when we bought it. Tulips, coneflowers, irises, tons of hostas, ornamental grasses, asters, grapevine on a part of our picket fence (we've made grape juice and jam- YUM!). We have been overwhelmed with the amount of work it takes to keep it looking nice and have since taken out a lot of the garden and planted grass seed. As nice as it would be to have all of it, we honestly just don't have a green thumb, so we're making it easier on ourselves.

What's your favorite thing about your house? The space. Our home was built in 1928, and for the age it is, it actually is pretty big because previous owners added on a huge family room. The garage is also a plus.

Your least favorite? We only have 1 bathroom and it is TINY. And also UGLY. It hasn't been renovated since probably the 1970's. Our tub, toilet and sink are all pepto pink. We're saving to renovate but it's hard with me staying at home now. It functions at least.

What is at the top of your wish list of things you want to do to your house/yard? renovate the bathroom and kitchen, refinish the hardwood floors, strip and restain/paint the back deck

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • What kind of house do you live in?  Condo/apartment, townhouse, stand-alone house?

Stand-alone house

Urban/suburban/rural?

Suburban I think, in an area of older homes (my house was built in 1910)

Quiet street, but not a cul-de-sac

Yes, my husband and I are huge gardeners. We have flower beds, lots of shrubs/bushes, clematis, wisteria, etc. Then we have two vegetable gardens with squash, peppers, corn, watermelon, tomatoes, eggplant, etc. We love it!

The character of the house, it's very homey and comfortable

Your least favorite?

It's very vertical (3 stories), so I'm constantly up and down with laundry and LO

An updated kitchen!!

• What kind of house do you live in?  Condo/apartment, townhouse, stand-alone house? semi-detached home.

Urban/suburban/rural? urban, but I use this term loosely because we live in a small city.

Busy street/quiet cul-de-sac? The street is extremely busy.

Do you have a garden? What do you grow? No garden, we have an extremely small yard and I have a black thumb.

What's your favorite thing about your house? My dinning room, the china cabinet was the first piece of furniture that we bought after we got married.

Your least favorite? There is alot, the neighborhood is not the best, and the house itself is small.  Luckily we are moving in July.

What is at the top of your wish list of things you want to do to your house/yard? Nothing I just want to get the heck out of it.

• What kind of house do you live in?  Condo/apartment, townhouse, stand-alone house? apartment.

Urban/suburban/rural? urban? it's in city limits, but the city I live in only has 12,000 people.

Busy street/quiet cul-de-sac? quiet street across from a park.

Do you have a garden?  What do you grow? no garden.

What's your favorite thing about your house? quiet neighbors and the rent is cheap.

Your least favorite? it's really small and quiet neighbors, again. it makes me feel bad when they have to listen to a screaming baby at night.

What is at the top of your wish list of things you want to do to your house/yard? I'd like to update our furniture.  that's about it.

- Ava -  11-29-11

- Violet -  10-9-13

• What kind of house do you live in?  Condo/apartment, townhouse, stand-alone house? Single family home

Busy street/quiet cul-de-sac? quiet street

Do you have a garden?  What do you grow?  yes,  tons of veggies and herbs.  Tomatoes, squash, zucchini, carrots, kale, lettuce, basil, chives, strawberries, thyme, oregano, peppers, peas, green beans, pears, etc.  looking to add bluberries, grapes, and raspberries this year.

What's your favorite thing about your house?  its big

Your least favorite?  backs to a street

What is at the top of your wish list of things you want to do to your house/yard?  paint, roof, make the yard look nicer

Mama to Lucy (7/06), Lexi (5/09), and Max (11/11) M/C 12/17/10

• What kind of house do you live in? Duplex

Urban/suburban/rural? We live in military housing on a military base

Busy street/quiet cul-de-sac? Quiet street

Do you have a garden?  What do you grow? Yes, just perennials that my mom dug up from her garden and transplanted in mine. I want to start an herb garden too soon.

What's your favorite thing about your house? We get to move out of it sometime around November. 

Your least favorite? It's so small! We went from a house double the size plus a garage to this tiny 2 bedroom 1 bath and no garage. We are playing tetris with our furniture and I am always so embarrassed to have company over cause our house always looks so cluttered and messy. 

What is at the top of your wish list of things you want to do to your house/yard? Say "so long" and move to a bigger house. 

Munchkin born 11/22/11
    Pipsqueak born 6/9/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • What kind of house do you live in?  Condo/apartment, townhouse, stand-alone house? House

Urban/suburban/rural? small town

Busy street/quiet cul-de-sac? cul-de-sac

Do you have a garden?  What do you grow? A very sad one. I love plants, but kill everything. I do have some mums and small rose bushes that have managed to survive

What's your favorite thing about your house? our back yard

Your least favorite? I wish it was bigger

What is at the top of your wish list of things you want to do to your house/yard? landscape the yard

After 2years TTC and 1yr,2mo waiting for an adoption match, our blessing is here!

"You may not have my eyes or smile, but from that very first moment you had my heart"Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Surprise BFP made our family complete!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • What kind of house do you live in?  Condo/apartment, townhouse, stand-alone house? stand alone house

Urban/suburban/rural? suburban (wish it was rural!)

Busy street/quiet cul-de-sac? quiet street

Do you have a garden?  What do you grow? I would love to have a garden but I'm afraid of investing $ and time into it and failing, which is highly likely

What's your favorite thing about your house? our master - it's huge and we pretty much hang out there all the time.

Your least favorite? the floors. We went with standard laminate and carpet. I was (laminate) hard wood flooring throughout.

What is at the top of your wish list of things you want to do to your house/yard? mostly just little things that we have to do one at a time: get a shed, put screen door on the front door, etc.

• imageJenny952:

This is a house poll:

What kind of house do you live in?  Condo/apartment, townhouse, stand-alone house?

Apartment 

Urban/suburban/rural?

Urban 

Busy-down the street from a hospital.

No :( I did at my other apartment but I don't have any outdoor space here. 

Our own washer and dryer and two bedrooms. 

Your least favorite?

Its an apartment. 

Buy a house :) 

• imageJenny952:

This is a house poll:

What kind of house do you live in?  Condo/apartment, townhouse, stand-alone house? Stand Alone

Busy street/quiet cul-de-sac? Quiet Street

Do you have a garden?  What do you grow? No, I sucked at keeping it up, so we took it out.

What's your favorite thing about your house? The island in the kitchen :)

Your least favorite? Location.

What is at the top of your wish list of things you want to do to your house/yard?  Sell it in the next couple of years & move.

Baby Boy #2 is on the way!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageJenny952:

This is a house poll:

What kind of house do you live in?  Stand-alone house

Busy street/quiet cul-de-sac? We are on the main entrance, but it's pretty far back from the main road, so it's not too busy (except around 6pm when ppl are coming home from work)

Do you have a garden?  No What do you grow? Weeds. lol!

What's your favorite thing about your house? We are across the street from two ponds, so the view is of the pond, a large bank of trees and another pond behind that one.  The home faces west, so we get some beautiful sunsets.

Your least favorite?  We have neighbors behind us that have loud parties in the summer and I can hear their music in throughout the house. They have no consideration.  If it was a once in a while type of deal I'd be more tolerant, but it's all the time in the summer.

What is at the top of your wish list of things you want to do to your house/yard? We need to extend the tile into the hallways to the bedrooms and new carpet in the bedrooms (we just did hardwood in living and dining rooms). Need to put curtains up. Need to paint study and I'd love to go a shade darker in the main living area.  The backyard is very basic, but we have a terrorist lab puppy (2 years old) so we're waiting until he calms down, then we will extend our patio, add an pergola and fully landscape. I also need to finish decorating.  It's quite a bit bigger than our old house, so we had to buy a lot of furniture, but I anticipate living here for another 12 years or so.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"