Babies: 3 - 6 Months

When did LO roll over?

DS is 3 1/2 months old and still hasn't rolled over. He did once by accident (of course when his daddy was watching him and I went downstairs to put laundry in the dryer - UGH!). Just curious when your LOs started rolling over from tummy to back. He rolls from back to side pretty regularly.

Re: When did LO roll over?

• DD would roll to her back the SECOND we put her on her tummy at 2 or 3 weeks old - it was crazy! Then it was like she forgot how, or maybe just started tolerating being on her tummy more or something, and I hadn't seen her do it in quite awhile until just this week.  Of course, kind of like you, I had her doing tummy time in her crib and when I turn my head to crank her mobile back up, I heard a plop! and there she was on her back! So I know she can do it, but doesn't do it frequently at all.  She is 3 months exactly.
    imageimage
  • 4 mo for back to tummy 4 1/2  5 mo tummy to back.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Our DD rolled from back to front at 4 1/2 mths and after many many many sleepless nights because she would roll to her tummy and get stuck or face plant in her mattress and I would freak out that she'd stop breathing, she has just finally mastered the full roll last week and she will be 6 months next week. Yay!!!  
    image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My son is 4 1/2 months and still hasnt rolled at all in any direction. I hope that he is not considedered behind, but he has hit every milestone when he was supposed to and is now trying to sit up, he maneged 3/4 of the way this morning.
  • My DD started rolling right before she turned 4 months.  At her 4 month check up yesterday, our pediatrician said that was on the early side so I certainly wouldn't worry at 3 1/2 months.
    imageAnniversary Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My LO is about to be 5 mos and he hasn't started rolling yet. He did roll tummy to back yesterday but not on purpose and didn't seem interested in doing it again. I'm not too worried about it. We were discussing this on the Nov board too and someone mentioned that sometimes babies go straight to sitting up or crawling first.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • my son is 5 months old as of april 5th and he has been rolling from front to back since he was 16 days old and from back to front since he was 3 months. 

image image

• DD rolled back to belly at 2.5 months. She didn't roll from belly to back constantly until ~4 months. Don't worry about your son not rolling yet. Many don't roll until 6 months.
                                    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Still doesn't. In fact, he can only handle five minutes of tummy time without freaking out completely.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP#1 - 8/27/10 - D&C 10/27/10 @ 13 weeks to Trisomy 18
    Missing our Angel Baby Gabriel
    BFP#2 - 3/18/11 - CP 3/19/11 BFP#3 - 4/27/11 - Due 1/9/12
  • 3 months = belly to back roll

Almost 6 months = (just these last 2 weeks) Back to belly

• DS first rolled tummy to back at 3 months. Now that's all he does when he's on his tummy.

He has yet to roll back to tummy though.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks for the feedback ladies. I wasn't really worried, just curious.

• My DD went from tummy to back at 3mon. Of course while she was waking up from her nap, when I went to go get her she was rolled over. She does it pretty regularly now. Just the last week or so she has been trying to go from back to belly with no success because she cant figure out that her arm need to be straight up and not bent at her side.
  • Every child is different.  I wouldn't worry about it yet.  DS started rolling front to back around 2 months (he has been doing it for quite a while) and started rolling back to front a couple of weeks ago( 3 months).  DD, on the other hand, seemed to take forever to roll (probably 4 months before she even attempted it) and even when she could do it she did not roll very often.  She was content to just lay wherever we put her, unlike DS.  DD caught up with no issues.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No rolling either In direction yet! 
  • DD #1 did it around 3 1/2 months and peridically DD #2 will roll from tummy to back but only likes to stretch out and lay on her side when placed on her back and that has just been that last week or so I guess I would say 4 months
  • 4 months. No rolls. In any direction.
  • Was around 4.5 months for us, he's 5 months now and still isn't completely consistent at it. Sometimes he'll do it 7x in a row, and other times he struggles to get over once.
    BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
    BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

• KMLPKMLP member
    Tummy to back at around 3.5 months.  Hasn't mastered back to tummy yet.  She tries so hard and gets stuck on her side and then rolls all the way to her other side. It's pretty funny.  My son didn't consistently roll until around 5 months or so.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Two angel babies 11/09 and 4/10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"