3rd Trimester

3D/4D ultrasound

Has anyone had a 3D/4D ultrasound? I really want one and have my thrid trimester ultrasound shedualed in a few weeks. Does something have to be wrong to recieve one of these of or are these customary at this point in the game?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 3D/4D ultrasound

• Depends on your doctor's office. I had two ultrasounds during my entire pregnancy and both were 2D. One was done at 12 weeks and then another at 20 weeks. But that's it. If I wanted another one, especially since I've been medically boring the entire time, I'd have to go pay for an elective one.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    imageimageimageimageimage
  • My office did a growth ultrasound this week at 36 weeks and the tech did done of it 3d. She tried to get us a good 3d pic of his face but the cord was in the way so it didn't work.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Loading the player...
  • Under normal circumstances my OB does not do u/s after 20w.  We paid to have a 3D done at 28w at a boutique.  Then we started having complications with the pregnancy and started having weekly (and then twice weekly) BPPs.  At these appointments the tech would switch to 3D briefly to see if we could get any good pictures.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • At my 20 week u/s I didn't think to ask for 3d/4d. Today I had a growth u/s at 33 weeks because I am measuring ahead. I asked if she could try 3d/4d and she said she would try but at a certain point the baby is more smooshed in there. She tried and baby was too cramped in there to get a good shot so we werent able to.
  • Thanks you everyone. I am schedualed in 2 weeks for an US because i have previa and we are trying to see if i need a c section or not. but thank you for all the advise.

This was at about 28 weeks ...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"