November 2011 Moms

Oh my. We're falling behind.

As of this pay period I'm working 36 hours a week instead of 40.  I've decided to cram those hours into 4 days and take Fridays off.  I'm working on a to-do list of sorts and OMG.  We are so behind on everything.  I've got errands to cover at least a month worth of Fridays.  Oil changes, bank deposits, consigning, etc, etc.

How are you guys doing with keeping up around the house?  Any tips?

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
Shawn and Larissa
LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Oh my. We're falling behind.

• I was going to do the same exact thing every other week to have every other Friday off but decided against it for my own reasons. I just keep everything picked up as much as possible during the week and go to town on the weekend. I also do any errands I can during the week at lunch, including dr appts for myself etc. I do everything but buy food that needs to be refigerated/frozen

• I'm falling way behind on everything too!  I just don't let it stress me out too much and do a little everyday after work (or try to if I'm not exhausted!)
  • Loading the player...
  • DH does a lot, he works from home so that helps.  He does most of the bank deposits, it gives him a reason to go to Starbucks. 

I run errands during lunch or order it off of Amazon. 

Everything else is just squeezed in.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Same boat here. I run errands on my lunch hour and my off days are miserable because I am trying to clean and do laundry and visit family. I have just accepted that not everything is always going to get done and just do my best.
  • I also work 4 longer days to have Tuesdays "off".  I say "off" because with both kids home it's often the most tirring day of the week.  I have learned to live with toys everywhere or dishes in the sink and out of laundry baskets to save my sanity.  I have started ordering a lot of things from Amazon, especcially since I have free shipping from Amazon Mom.  Not only does it save me the trip to the store for little things like the breastmilk storage bags I ordered last night, but it also saves me from the impulse buys I tend to make at Target.  Luckily for me, DH is a landscaper and barters for maid service.  Otherwise the floors would never get washed.  It's hard for me to give myself permission to not do it all, but I'm working on it!
  • When I was on maternity leave I was a rockstar.  The house was clean, I ran errands every Monday, I had bills paid and other odds and ends tied.  I was able to keep up for a few weeks after I went back to work, but now I'm just tired.  I put off everything even if it only takes 10 minutes because I want to sit and zone out.  Every now and then I get a burst of energy and bust through a ton of stuff and it feels good, but I run out of time and the next day that energy is gone.  I'm not dwelling on it though.  I'll get the important stuff done and do the rest when the mood strikes.  I'd rather cuddle my last little baby than worry about my dirty shower:)
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • DH has picked up a lot of the slack, he does the shopping now and cooks dinner. We actually just hired a cleaning service to come bi-weekly to clean the house because it was getting so bad! I hated spending my Saturdays trying to get DS down for a long nap just so I could spend it cleaning. I'm also very lucky because I have time to keep up with bills when I'm at work otherwise that would be a disaster too! Enjoy your Fridays off :)
  • Also, I've just started this week doing 20 minutes of cleaning a day.  Monday I cleaned off the dining room table and Tuesday I cleaned off the coffee table.  It doesn't change the world but it helps me feel like I'm doing something to keep from falling behind.  I get seriously overwhelmed when the house is totally trashed, I can handle a little.
  • I came up with a schedule for my day "off".  I would be totally depressed by how long my to-do list is except that I've scheduled in time to see The Hunger Games :)

Thursday night:  Gather consignment items.  Throw in load of laundry (and probably work for an hour or so).  The load that I throw in may be the diapers I want to sell so that I can sun them on Friday.  Or maybe that should be my first load Friday morning?

5:30-6:15: Get ready
    7:30: Pump
    8:  Laundry swap
    9:  Go to bank (they open at 9)
    10: Go to consignment shop (they open at 10)
    10:30:  Back home.  Maybe.  Hope consignment trip is super fast.  Pump/Laundry swap
    11:30:  Hunger Games
    2:30:  Back home.  Pump/Laundry swap

After this will be budget, coupon clip and grocery planning.  If I have time I will unpack the bag from the Mexico trip (we still haven't finished unpacking from our trip to Mexico 2.5 months ago) and sterilize the bottles (I have some new bottles in the bigger size).  I'll also need to pump one more time

I also  need to run into JCP to pick up jeans in a smaller size.  I'm doing that today.  I knew I would need to leave early so I worked this weekend to bank some hours to run to JCP and pick up the kids to go for vaccines.

Oh and I'm a big cheater.  Daycare charges the same for 4 days or 5, so I'll be sending the kids to daycare on my Fridays off.  I feel slightly guilty about this, but I'll be getting some of the weekend chores out of the way so I can spend more time concentrating on them on Saturday and Sunday.

OMG.  I just need to keep in mind that all of this will be much easier in about a year when nap schedules are much more sorted out and baby girl is a little more independent.  For now I just need to enjoy her dependence on me and try not to get overwhelmed :)

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh yes, my house is a disaster most of the time.

My solution? I'm quitting my job! lol.

• I'm so glad I'm not the only one with this happening!!
  • I think the biggest thing is to try not to get overwhelmed - because then you just don't want to do anything! :)

I make myself a schedule for the week. I do something everyday. It may be something small, like sorting mail or something like cleaning the bathroom counters. But it helps me get things done during the week instead of saving it all on the weekend when I really won't want to do it. I'd rather spend time with LO. I also try to do a load of laundry, start to finish, a couple times a week. I still do some on the weekend but at least it's not 5-6 loads in one day. 

Then there are some days where things just don't get done. So I just try to start over the next day. I am so OCD and like have a neat, clean house but I always remind myself that my son is not going to remember if my house was messy, clean, dusty or shiny. He's going to remember that I got on the floor and played with him until bedtime. And as much as he is growing and changing lately, I appreciate that time more too!

• Don't look for me to get ahead... I am away from home 10-11hr/day and am on call 1 additional evening/night or 28hrs on a weekend thank goodness for my husband who stays at home but honestly is no wife if you know what I mean.  But I wear an Army uniform so that helps with my not needing to shop for work clothes and no dry cleaning.  It also helps that we live in the middle-ish of no where so Walmart or the commissary for shopping.

Banking- online banking, direct deposit then any other deposits via smart phone  

Oil changes- synthetic = changes every 10k miles still rotate tires every 5k miles

grocery trip- family weekend trip, ran through the commissary today on way home

hobbies- what are those?

cleaning- pick up daily, I try to get toilets on weekends, dusting/windows/mirrors when I get annoyed 

Cleaning pump- I have 4 sets of flanges so clean 2x/week, wash bottles every few days too.

Cooking- we make a lot of roasts so have left over roast beef or rotisserie chicken so can make quesidillas (Sp), grill on weekends, frozen pizza 1x every other week, sometimes I feed DD1 and fend for myself (my husband eats weird) 

I'm on the hunt for a wife who likes to cook and clean, I think it would really help! 

5/08- blighted ovum, spont ab; 2/20/09- epi, VAVD, Girl! breastfed 24mo; 10/10- blighted ovum, spon ab; 12/10- no fetal pole, Cytotec; 11/20/11- unmedicated SVD, Girl! breastfed 18mo; 11/7/13- unmedicated SVD, breastfed 18mo; 2/11/16- unmedicated SVD, exclusively pumping to at least a year.

• Haha...I'm not.  So I have no tips.  I do what's most important.  I try to keep the house tidy enough for a baby that will likely be mobile in the not to distant future and I remind myself a lot that I would rather spend time with my baby than live in a museum.  Big errands (DMV trips, etc.) are planned pretty far in advance, but my DH works rotating shifts so they have to be. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"