C-sections

what should my scar look like?

I am 4.5 mos out from my c section.

my scar is dark pink, about 4 inches long, maybe? It is smooth. I had stitches, not staples, so I think it looks ok.

I hear people saying theirs looks bad, but I guess I don't know what it should look like?

When can I expect it to fade in color?

b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

Re: what should my scar look like?

• Mine is about 6 in long.  Purpleish in color and slightly raised, but only enough to feel it.  Just looking you wouldn't see that it's raised.  I had staples. 

I think mine looks fine, I wouldn't mind if it fades in color a bit, but I can live with it the way it is. 

BFP #1 August 2007, Lost Nov 2007, no heartbeat found at anatomy ultrasound at 19 wks
    BFP #2 March 2011, Baby Girl born November 2011!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine literally took years to fade, but I have really pale skin.
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Loading the player...
  • I have only seen it like once thanks to my new tummy flab. Indifferent But it's really thin and light pink.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I think mine kept fading until 18 months post c/s. It is hardly noticable now.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Mine is bright red, lumpy, and jaggedy with a tiny, tiny section that is smooth, flat, and white, which makes me think that the first year resident that did the close effed up a little.  My brother is an OB-GYN and was explaining to me when you're closing the scar you close towards yourself and where you start usually is better than where you end, so mine starts off really rough, gets better for like 2 millimeters, and then gets yucky looking again.  I'd like to VBAC but my OB said she'd be happy to fix it if I ended up having another c-section. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • At 15 months PP you can't even see mine anymore without knowing where it is. A few months ago I had to find it for the Dr. doing my annual exam.

At first and it looke Frankensteinish. It was raised and purple and very angry looking. Then it faded to a small silverly line rimmed with purplish skin and now it's a very hard to see silver line that is flush with the rest of my skin.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm pleased w/ my scar.  I had staples but it looks real nice.
    Anniversary Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • It gets better with time.  I'm 16months past and it keeps getting better.  It's just a smooth skin colored line now.   For the first year I did continue to use the Palmers lotion and that seemed to help.
    3/10 IVF #1 TWINS! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think it should be thin, straight, smooth, pink fading to white. Some people have keloid scars, jagged edges, bumpy, or really long scars.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I have to look really close to even see mine at all, it's completely faded into my normal skin tone, but I'm 18 mo PP.  I don't really remember when it faded.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"