December 2011 Moms

Bumbo

I can't believe how handy this thing is! I use it for so many things, like when DJ gets his cereal, some playtime with toys on the tray while I catch a bite to eat and when we go out we take it so he can sit in the booth next to me (we use a convertible car seat). Anyone else in love with their Bumbo or a baby chair?
image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Bumbo

• Ben LOVES the bumbo! Whenever he is reclined he does baby crunches trying to sit up and look around. I love that the bumbo helps him sit up.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Harry likes his for short spurts. It is handy and I think they're so cute for taking pictures.

Definitely worth the $15 we paid for it at OUAC! 

BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
    BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

• Loading the player...
  • I wasn't sure at first but we kept trying the Bumbo and now we loves ours too!  DD sits in hers and is so happy with the toys on her tray, sure makes is a little easier to get things done!  I think a big part of it is that she likes to be able to look around and see the tv and/or the dogs!

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• There are definitely days where the bumbo saves me from being the smelliest person on Earth. lol. I place her in it while I'm in the shower and set up toys on her tray. She also loves her height chair. It's her "helping mommy cook/bake/or clean the kitchen" spot. We also put her in it when we eat. I'm very much a believer in eating as a family and am trying to start it as early as possible. I love the idea of family dinners even though she only gets the bottle I give her when I'm finished eating or before I start while DH digs in.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Lo loves it! I put her in it while im weighting for dinner to cook. She has chubby thighs tho so is outgrowing it fast! Bumbos are the best invention!
  • It's definitely well used in our house, he spends about 5 minutes at a time in it with the boppy in front so his toys don't get away. He loves sitting upright and interacting with everyone like a big boy. He's very mature and alert for his age Wink
  • We love ours! I use it a lot because Evan's not a big fan of tummy time. He's sitting up better already.

Edited to adjust size.

DS #1 - 12/10/11

DS #2 - 4/2/14

• The Bumbo is amazing!!! Alex loves it for watching tv. 
  • imagehisbeautyalways:

We love ours! I use it a lot because Evan's not a big fan of tummy time. He's sitting up better already.

Edited to adjust size.

bumbos are for floors, not counters.

we're pulling ours out later today to see how DS likes it! 

Baby Charchie born 12/22/2011
  • I think our pug loves the bumbo more than DD. I can't leave her side for a second while she's in it because it puts her exactly at his height and he thinks that's an open invitation for face kisses!
    BFP #2 - MC Aug 2012 - D&C w/ complications
    imageimage
  • We use ours when all she wants to do is just sit up like a big kid.

I've also found it to be quite useful in the tub. She's outgrown her infant tub but isn't ready to sit by herself. It's a little tricky to get her tushy clean but it works and she just loves it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Fastest year of my life. Lilypie First Birthday tickerswww.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
    imageimageimage
  • imageuncharch7:

I know, but I was right there. It's just easier when he's only going to be in it a minute.

DS #1 - 12/10/11

DS #2 - 4/2/14

• imageHisKonstantine:

We use ours when all she wants to do is just sit up like a big kid.

I've also found it to be quite useful in the tub. She's outgrown her infant tub but isn't ready to sit by herself. It's a little tricky to get her tushy clean but it works and she just loves it.

What an awesome idea! DS is way too long for his baby tub. I get water all over the counter when I wet his head. I am so going to try this!

I'm sure DS will love the bumbo, but I am waiting until he is 4mos to put him in it. I've read that it can do bad things to their hips if put in it too early. I don't know how accurate that information is, but I'd rather hold him upright than put him in the bumbo and risk it. Besides, I asked my pediatrician when I could put him in it and she said 4mos...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image
  • We put LO in his Bumbo and he stiffens his body so he ends up coming out of it! Almost like standing!

Baby Hulk has been doing this the last 3 times we put him in it so there is no way we could leave him in there without us right there to catch him. I think we might stop all together.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Blog
    Dream of a better world...where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.
  • I don't have one...was thinking of borrowing my friend's to see if its something I want to get!
    ~*Kimberly*~

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
  • We have one and it is great! Liam "eats" dinner in it with us!

Liam Tyler & Emma Grace 
    ...baby #3 boy MC at 10 weeks

• Agreed! My DD has been in hers for over a month now. In the begining she wouldn't last long and would straighten out like a pp said. Now she loves it because she can see things better. She will sit in that this for an hour without any fussing. THANK YOU  to the inventor!
  • imagehisbeautyalways:

imageuncharch7:

I know, but I was right there. It's just easier when he's only going to be in it a minute.

It's also easier to not fight with the car seat buckles if you are just going to the corner store, so why bother?

Seriously, I have to agree with uncharch. Putting the baby in the bumbo on a kitchen counter or other elevated surface is just asking for trouble and absolutely wrong. Think twice, people.  

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• imageRicola:
    imagehisbeautyalways:

imageuncharch7:

It's also easier to not fight with the car seat buckles if you are just going to the corner store, so why bother?

Seriously, I have to agree with uncharch. Putting the baby in the bumbo on a kitchen counter or other elevated surface is just asking for trouble and absolutely wrong. Think twice, people.  

Agreed. It scares me to see pics of the bumbo on the counter. :( 

image imageimage Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
  • imagenahokulele:
    imageRicola:
    imagehisbeautyalways:

imageuncharch7:

Agreed. It scares me to see pics of the bumbo on the counter. :( 

Seeming since my picture is of Liam in the bumbo on the counter...

Seriously? Give me a f*ckign break. I can understand once our LO's are more mobile but right now my son isn't crawling in and out of the damn thing and I am always standing right there beside him when he is in it. Get off your "I'm perfect at everything" f*cking high horse. Some people always have something to say.

Liam Tyler & Emma Grace 

• When he's in it, I am sitting literally right next to him. See that tiny gap in my picture? That's right above my leg because we have a dining table against the counter and my chair is right there by him.

And if he's ever in the bumbo for longer, he's on the floor.

He's perfectly safe.

I think the comparison to an unbuckled carseat is over dramatic.

But thank you for your concern. Wink

DS #1 - 12/10/11

DS #2 - 4/2/14

• I agree some parents are dumb and leave their kids outside of arms reach in their bumbo while on a elevated surface, but to compare them being right there with their child as being the same thing as not buckling them in for a car ride is extreme.

I don't think anyone here doesn't buckle their kid up just because they are going to the corner store and it's not fair to make that comparison.

• My point is that it is dangerous to put the baby in the bumbo on an elevated surface. You never know when will be the first time that s/he will make a sudden movement/roll/scoot/whatever and it might as well be while he sits on the edge of a counter/table/other elevated surface. If you don't have at least one hand on him/her at all times, it is just dangerous. Saying to do it because "it is easier and I was right there" doesn't make it right IMO. Good thing we are all entitled to our own opinions. 

Now off to find those high horses you are speaking of.

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• imageLexie Marie:

Seriously? Give me a f*ckign break. I can understand once our LO's are more mobile but right now my son isn't crawling in and out of the damn thing and I am always standing right there beside him when he is in it. Get off your "I'm perfect at everything" f*cking high horse. Some people always have something to say.

It's not always about you, Lexie. Calm down. You have an opinion and I have one as well. They happen to be different. I can live with that.  

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• imageRicola:
    imageLexie Marie:

It's not always about you, Lexie. Calm down. You have an opinion and I have one as well. They happen to be different. I can live with that.  

Right Ricola... considering me and one other mom posted a picture of our child in the bumbo on a counter and then shortly after the above comments followed. But sure whatever you say. Confused

Liam Tyler & Emma Grace 

• Someone always has to sh!t on any post anymore, either it be Ricola or ILuvMyLab. Seriously, tell me one thing safe for babies to do. Highchairs aren't safe, they could tip those. Carseats aren't safe because no one knows how to install them. Cribs aren't safe because they can shove their arms and legs through but bumpers will suffocate them. It must be sad to live like that...
    image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If you think that's bad, you should see what I did with my niece. I didn't know any better, and neither did her parents. Her bumbo was version 1 with no warnings. She's alive and well.
    DS #1 - 12/10/11

DS #2 - 4/2/14

• imageRicola:

My point is that it is dangerous to put the baby in the bumbo on an elevated surface. You never know when will be the first time that s/he will make a sudden movement/roll/scoot/whatever and it might as well be while he sits on the edge of a counter/table/other elevated surface. If you don't have at least one hand on him/her at all times, it is just dangerous. Saying to do it because "it is easier and I was right there" doesn't make it right IMO. Good thing we are all entitled to our own opinions. 

Now off to find those high horses you are speaking of.

Agreed.

I put DS in it for the first time yesterday, he's 3.5 months old. He did OK for the first 2 minutes, then tried to twist suddenly. Just the movement made him almost come out of it. The sad thing is that it says right on the damn thing not to put it on an elevated surface, period. 

The high chair comparison is a little ridiculous. It's got a stable base and they're strapped in. A sudden movement or twist isn't going to tip the thing over.  

• No one should ever wonder why this board died.

This how we roll unsupervised on the counter...

Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageLexie Marie:
    imageRicola:
    imageLexie Marie:

Right Ricola... considering me and one other mom posted a picture of our child in the bumbo on a counter and then shortly after the above comments followed. But sure whatever you say. Confused

Actually, my comment was before your picture was even posted. 

And yes, I do have something to say. When you're going to post a picture of something that's a well-known thing to NOT do, you're opening yourself up to criticism. But when you're going to advertise it on a message board, you need to be prepared for a little bit of flaming. We've all done been flamed for one thing or another. If you can't take it, then either don't post the picture or take a step back.

We all do things that aren't 100% safe, but we don't come out and publicly advertise it with pictures.

• imagePreggoAZ:

This how we roll unsupervised on the counter...

/dead
  • imageuncharch7:

We all do things that aren't 100% safe, but we don't come out and publicly advertise it with pictures.

I live up to what I do. I'm not ashamed of it, or I wouldn't do it. I don't mind a little judging.

DS #1 - 12/10/11

DS #2 - 4/2/14

• DS uses his bumbo when we sit at the table to eat. He has walls on 2 sides of him and DH and I on the remaining 2. I feel perfectly safe with him like that.

Some people just have to make comments about everything.

imageimageimage
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Breastfeeding and pregnant!
  • imageuncharch7:
    imageLexie Marie:
    imageRicola:
    imageLexie Marie:

And yes, I do have something to say. When you're going to post a picture of something that's a well-known thing to NOT do, you're opening yourself up to criticism. But when you're going to advertise it on a message board, you need to be prepared for a little bit of flaming. We've all done been flamed for one thing or another. If you can't take it, then either don't post the picture or take a step back.

My question is which is worse, to do things that are considered unsafe and not deny doing it (while being cogizant of what her child is doing)...or to do it and basically pretend we don't?

Either way, women are gonna flip their sh!t.

• imageuncharch7:
    imageLexie Marie:
    imageRicola:
    imageLexie Marie:

To be 100% honest I didnt even read the replies I just read the OP's post and added my take on the bumbo and a picture. It wasn't until now that I saw the comments. I am not replying because I was "flamed" I am replying because I think the comments are ridiculous. Maybe you can spare a extra bubble so I can put Liam in it as well, no?

Liam Tyler & Emma Grace 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"