Babies: 0 - 3 Months

advice please - short

I don,t know what to do/say if anything... my mom was going to watch one week old dd so i could get some sleep. I pumped so dd would not have as much formula. I asked my mom if I should leave my milk out for her since it wouldn't be that long til feeding time. Mom said to ut it in fridge, she would know it was there. When I wake up, it's cause dd is hungry. I bf then ask what she ate while I was asleep. My mom gave her formula first, then cause she was still hungry, gave her my milk, but dd didn't finish it, sosome went to waste. Now if mom had given her my milk first, I wouldn't be so upset. I want to tell her in a nice way, that I don't think she did things the right way. I'd rather her not use my milk at all, than to waste it. TIA

Re: advice please - short

• It didn't need to go to waste.

Fresh pumped milk can be left out at room temp for 4-6 hours.  

S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• i would also be upset - breastmilk is so valuable and it takes time & effort to pump! maybe you could just explain to her in a nice way that next time, you'd prefer the pumped milk to be given first, because it's simply more nutritious and because you actually spent time pumping it out and wouldn't want to see it go to waste. 
  • Loading the player...
  • imageolga&shaun:
    i would also be upset - breastmilk is so valuable and it takes time & effort to pump! maybe you could just explain to her in a nice way that next time, you'd prefer the pumped milk to be given first, because it's simply more nutritious and because you actually spent time pumping it out and wouldn't want to see it go to waste. 

This.  Sometimes people from older generations who may not have breast fed just aren't educated about the protocol for breastmilk.  Sounds like you just need to talk to your mom about your preferences.

Love: 8.10.99
    Marriage: 12.18.04
    DD1: 5.19.10
    DD2: 4.11.12
    #3 EDD 4.23.16

• FYI - breast milk not finished in a first feeding can be offered one more time before disposing of it.  Do refrigerate it after the first feeding.  

Next time, just make sure to tell your mom that it is really important that she feeds the breast milk first.  She should respect your wishes. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

FACEBOOK FEB 12 BUMPIES ADMIN - POST & PM ME TO JOIN 

• Yeah, there was no need to toss the breast milk for future reference. And just ask her to do breast milk first if it's available then supplement with formula is LO is still hungry. As long as you don't act angry with her she should take it fine.  

BabyFetus Ticker
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"