October 2011 Moms
Options

Still in complete shock. (Not a pregnant post)

It has been over 6 months now, and I still can not believe I just had a BABY. He is getting so big. I love watching him grow and learn. But I am still completely shocked that this little being is my own. I felt the need to share this thought and AW this picture of my baby bear :]

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
My little CHD warrior. Born 9/29/11. Got his new heart 10/20/11

BLOG :] & Shaping Up Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Still in complete shock. (Not a pregnant post)

• Options
    I thought you were going to say you were pregnant! Lol! Our 6 month appointment is today!
  • Options

Bahaha NO. You would have already gotten a text if that happened. If we decide to have another it will be a ways down the road. 

ETA: Yay, Lo! Our twinsies are getting so big! Our 6 month appt is closer to his 7 month birthday... wtf.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was fully expecting a 'I'm pregnant!' post :)
  • Options

imageUFCasey:
    I was fully expecting a 'I'm pregnant!' post :)

I guess I can see how one would get that from the title... LOL.  

• Options
    imagewishful thinkin:

S is so adorable! I can't believe how big they are getting.

I know, its ridiculous. Nobody told me once you have a baby, you turn into a complete sap. Him getting bigger makes me sad.  

• Options
    imagedlast09:

Bahaha NO. You would have already gotten a text if that happened. If we decide to have another it will be a ways down the road. 

ETA: Yay, Lo! Our twinsies are getting so big! Our 6 month appt is closer to his 7 month birthday... wtf.  

Lol! When I saw it my initial thought was that slore didn't text me first! Boo, why so late?  

• Options
    imagedlast09:
    imagewishful thinkin:

S is so adorable! I can't believe how big they are getting.

I know, its ridiculous. Nobody told me once you have a baby, you turn into a complete sap. Him getting bigger makes me sad.  

Wait until he starts holding your hand and giving you kisses.  

• Options
    imagecantalopes24:
    imagedlast09:

Lol! When I saw it my initial thought was that slore didn't text me first! Boo, why so late?  

Hahah, you know I would have texted you, most likely having a panic attack. ;] I have no idea how I would handle having a newborn with a one year old... OY. Some people can do it, I do not believe I am one of those people, lmao.

And its just the way his appointments fall. Because his appt schedule was so wonky for a while, and now things are starting to calm down, so appointments can be scheduled whenever instead of on certain dates. He is also still being seen at Children's for everything. So once we go to once a month appointments, we will find a ped office here in town.  

• Options
    I love the post title revision! ;) But I completely agree - I still find myself staring at Rocco thinking a) how did he get to be so BIG? and b) still feeling surprised that I am his mother. It's strange..
  • Options
    It is crazy its been half a year!! (Almost half a year for me)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I know I agree with you, I reminisce and look at old photos so often nowadays. 
  • Options
    I can't believe it's been half a year either! They seem so old thinking about it that way.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I feel the same way!! I can't believe that she's mine!

Your post made me remember a funny moment at the hospital right after E was born...I was peeking over the side of the little crib and stroking E's head while she slept. DH saw what I was doing and he told me to leave her alone cuz I was going to wake her up. In my sleep deprived, crab-azz state, I snapped back "I made her and I'll wake her up if I want!" That's when it really hit me - unlike all the other babies I'd interacted with in my life - this one was MINE and I don't need anybody's permission to mess with her  :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I am in shock too that DS is ours and such a joy. I am saddened though that he is growing so fast. I was getting rid of old clothes a couple of weekends ago and I saw his newborn jammies. I couldn't believe how much he had changed and grown so quickly. I can see this little boy emerging and my baby is fading away the older he gets.
    image"width="200px"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I still feel this way about my toddler! I look at her every day and wonder how I was so lucky to get her. It still seems crazy that I'm "mommy" and I've been at this for over 20 months!! There are still some days where I am on complete awe that these 2 kids grew inside of me and are now all mine!!
  • Options
    LCassLCass member
    imageDoctorWorm222:

I feel the same way!! I can't believe that she's mine!

Your post made me remember a funny moment at the hospital right after E was born...I was peeking over the side of the little crib and stroking E's head while she slept. DH saw what I was doing and he told me to leave her alone cuz I was going to wake her up. In my sleep deprived, crab-azz state, I snapped back "I made her and I'll wake her up if I want!" That's when it really hit me - unlike all the other babies I'd interacted with in my life - this one was MINE and I don't need anybody's permission to mess with her  :)

Isn't that what Rachel said on Friends when she first brought Emma home? And then they had a screaming baby to deal with for the rest of the episode... I feel the same way about our LOs getting older. I find it so hard to put away clothes she's outgrown that the poor kid is often in stuff that's too small when I should change over - oops! Side note: this is my first attempt at bumping from my phone and I hate it! How do you ladies do this?

BFP #1: July 12, 2010 Natural M/C: July 26, 2010

BFP #2: January 30 ,2011 Born: September 29, 2011

BFP #3: January 5, 2013 Born: August 25, 2013

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_sleep4&T=t_b22&D=20110929&M1=&D1=&T2=Our+Rosh+Hashanah+baby!&T1=Lily&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_baby7&T=t_b14&D=20130825&M1=&D1=&T2=&T1=Sammy&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

• Options

imageUFCasey:
    I love the post title revision! ;) But I completely agree - I still find myself staring at Rocco thinking a) how did he get to be so BIG? and b) still feeling surprised that I am his mother. It's strange..

Ha this is the kind of moment I had this morning. I am like there is no way I made this kid... But I did, obv, hahah. Its so weird to think that he was inside my body for almost 9 months.  

• Options

imagekagl08:
    I still feel this way about my toddler! I look at her every day and wonder how I was so lucky to get her. It still seems crazy that I'm "mommy" and I've been at this for over 20 months!! There are still some days where I am on complete awe that these 2 kids grew inside of me and are now all mine!!

Definitely this. I'm still waiting for someone to knock on my door and say "Just kidding these aren't your kids. We need the keys to your house, go back and live with your mom."  It doesn't help most people assume I'm a nanny or baby sitter. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"