3rd Trimester

Moms of toddlers-anyone else EXHAUSTED?

Ds is 2.5+ and has SO MUCH ENERGY! I am not even coming close to keeping up with him. I am so freaking tired. He is also going through the terrible twos and really giving me a run for my money. We played inside, we played in the yard, made a quick trip to the store, took a three mile walk with the stroller, and went to TWO parks and playgrounds today and he is literally still running laps around the house. By the time he goes to bed, I am beyond tired/cranky and I feel like I am not being a good/loving mom. Anyone else feel like this?

Re: Moms of toddlers-anyone else EXHAUSTED?

• if it makes you feel better, I was so much LESS tired with a newborn and toddler than when I was pg with a toddler. Pg just sucked the energy out of me...once DS was here and I could actually rest comfortably without heartburn, leg cramps, and waking to pee every 5 seconds I actually felt better...even with a newborn waking every 2 hrs to eat.
    My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Yes... but mine is mental energy-she is 2.6 and goes to daycare during the day.. but I swear.. the constant "hey Momma.. hey momma.. hey momma" by the time she goes to bed.. my brain is just shut off.. I am trying so hard to be patient and answer each question but sometimes I just want to not say anything.. oh wait- I tried that.. didn't work... "hey Mommaaa" God I love that child.. but man it's exhausting! I dont think I could do it staying at home with a toddler and being pregnant!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes! This pregnancy has been TOUGH with my very active son. There was one point at around 30 weeks when I was flat-out DONE because I was/am just so exhausted.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagemadhatter2003:
    if it makes you feel better, I was so much LESS tired with a newborn and toddler than when I was pg with a toddler. Pg just sucked the energy out of me...once DS was here and I could actually rest comfortably without heartburn, leg cramps, and waking to pee every 5 seconds I actually felt better...even with a newborn waking every 2 hrs to eat.

That's SOOOO good to hear! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• I there too!  I was thinking how I am going to handle a newborn and a 3 year old with her own agenda...      My patience is not where it was before being pregnant.  If it wasn't for her cuteness then I don't know what I'd do!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Totally exhausted. I have two toddlers and I'm on bed rest but it's still a lot of work and energy.

I was the same as one of the PPs, far more tired while I was pregnant with a toddler than having a toddler & a newborn. I feel so much better NOT pregnant.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I 100% feel your pain!!! My ds is 3.5 and is a complete LUNATIC! He wants me to climb in his play set tree house, throw water balloons, play tag, hide and seek, chase bubbles you name it. I am EXHAUSTED. I caved and hired our neighbor's sophomore in HS daughter to mother's help for me today for 3 hrs. Everyone is off of school for spring break this week thank goodness. I feel so bad that I can't keep up/entertain DS the way I used to be able to. I guess he had better get used to it now b/c it's not going to change too much when his baby brother arrives. Hang in there I am sure you are doing more than you think you are to keep up. Mom guilt is a killer. 
    Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagemadhatter2003:
    if it makes you feel better, I was so much LESS tired with a newborn and toddler than when I was pg with a toddler. Pg just sucked the energy out of me...once DS was here and I could actually rest comfortably without heartburn, leg cramps, and waking to pee every 5 seconds I actually felt better...even with a newborn waking every 2 hrs to eat.

Yes, there is hope! This made me feel so much better! Big Smile

• DD is driving me nuts.  I swear she knows the baby is coming soon cuz it's like she forgot every rule or how to behave at all.  I am so tired and so frustrated.  It's hard for me to keep up with her or to be in any kind of good mood. 
    imageimageimage
  • Wow, you do a lot with him!  I'm tired and all I have done today is take him to playgroup and go to the store!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm beyond exhausted.  I totally agree about it being easier with a newborn.  No one ever believes me when I tell them this.  I would much rather be able to sit my baby in the corner to chase after the kids or clean the house or do whatever than to have to lug that weight around and feel miserable all of the time.  It is still exhausting, but not nearly as exhausting as when I am pregnant.  My kids are just little balls of energy.  I feel like my days revolve around trying to tire them out, but they just keep coming up with more energy.  I keep saying if I could bottle this energy and sell it on the black market then I would be rich:)
    Erin 2.19.06 - Carter Joseph 5.28.08 - Gavin David 6.16.10 - Liam Michael 4.29.12 - Baby Boy #4 due!
  • kmplskmpls member

I am soo tired and sooooo crabby all the time. Grr.

I don't know how I am going to do this for another 2-3 months. Sigh.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagehewinked:
    DD is driving me nuts.  I swear she knows the baby is coming soon cuz it's like she forgot every rule or how to behave at all.  I am so tired and so frustrated.  It's hard for me to keep up with her or to be in any kind of good mood. 

THIS exactly. My once well behaved child is turning into Satan!!!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Oh yeah I have a 17 month old and he is a ball of energy and I am so exhausted by the time my 7 year old gets home from school I feel like a terrible mother. I would suggest skipping the walks in the stroller they just wear you out and give your toddler more energy or at least that is what seems to happen with us. I let ds run up and down the back yard when ever it's nice out, that seems to help him sleep.

I'm not worried about when lo is tinny I'm more worried about next summer when they are both walking and running in opposite directions, now makes me exhausted just thinking about it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • I'm exhausted by the time 2 rolls around. It's like my body just shuts down and I know if I sit on the couch I'll end up closing my eyes. Chasing two boys, getting to and from preschool, and keeping up with the house is crazy some days. Thank goodness one of them still naps. Gone are the days of silence and Grey's Anatomy. :)

• DD is also 2 and in the,"What's this?" or "What you doing?" stage.  So, even though she is in daycare during the day, by the time she comes home she's kicked up to a whole new level.  The questions just to keep coming and she just keeps on going.  Surprisingly I've been able to keep up with her.  However, when we put her to bed, I also go straight to bed and I sleep through the WHOLE night. 
    Me: 36  DH: 37
    DD1: 9  DD2: 6
    Due date Aug 3, 2019
  • Yes I feel the same way except it sounds like you are very motivated and do a lot of activities with yours. With mine I am lucky if we can do one activity per night before I pass out. I feel like I am neglecting him at times and DH works late so its all up to me :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh my god, Yes! Over the weekend I was sooo tired and getting so much of the "MommyMommyMommyMommy" I told her I was changing my name. She decided my new name was Rosa :/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"