Infertility

~*~DOR/POF Check-in~*~

This group is open to anyone who has Diminished Ovarian Reserve or Premature Ovarian Failure (sometimes also called Primary Ovarian Insufficiency ? POI). 

This check-in will be posted each Wednesday.  If you?d like to be added to this group, please reply to this message, and I?ll make sure to add you for next week.  Welcome to the lurkers!  We know this can be a difficult journey, but we welcome you with open arms.  Let us know if we can answer any questions.

GRADUATES ARE WELCOME AND ENCOURAGED TO POST! 

Status Update: What is going on in your cycle or where are you in your process?

QOTW:  Have any of you had the problem of having a dominant follicle early on, or dropping E2 levels before O? I have them and they think I?m going to O early, but then instead of ovulating early the follicle hangs around and my E2 levels just begin to fall. If so, what have you done to combat that problem? Has it worked? Thanks!

BFPs!

MrsLouie10 ? had FET on 3/13, beta #1 on 3/27 was 2353, beta #2 is 3/29, congrats!!!

In the 2ww

-

Currently Cycling or on BCP?s

mm29 ? two follies, ER on 3/29, FX!!

bellalou32 ? on estrace, planning for a 4/9 FET

lynn0926 ? matched with a donor, mock cycle on hold due to fibroid, having SHG on 3/22, fibroid not a problem, starting mock cycle on 4/2

JenScott-4-09 ? Welcome! Just got DOR dx (((hugs))). On BCPs for IVF, planned ER in May

Waiting to Cycle/Between Cycles

annalisel ? had saline sono to check for scarring, will have another hysteroscopy on 4/10, looking into IVF #2?

MandaS08 ? changing protocol to EPP antagonist, pushed back to May

ceemonkey ? got matched with donor embryos, will reserve them for a transfer in a couple months, in the meantime, getting tests done for transfer and cycling with OE

Mrs.McIrish ? Getting laid off at end of year, so no DE this year. Thinking of doing IVF #4 while still covered. Had saline sono on 3/27 and hematoma is gone (yay!). Has a small polyp, waiting to hear from RE if it needs to come out

ccubed3125 ? GI problems interfering with TTC, hoped to cycle in April but RE isn?t comfortable with it yet (((hugs))), frustrated not being able to do anything

ge0rge ? Welcome! On a nat cycle, couldn?t retrieve egg this past month, will begin again next month, waiting on AF

No check in

Paris05 ? IUI #6 on 1/20, will test on 2/3, feeling AF coming but GL!!!

AmCheri ? m/c in Dec (((hugs))), beta reached 0, waiting on AF to cycle again

liz4paws ? on natural cycle, DH will have new SA in March to see if clomid helped

mtlaurel ? first apt for DE cycle on 2/20, started filling out forms for consult

Mrkyrain ? IVF #4 cancelled due to poor response (((hugs))), WTF on 2/16, had an IUI 2/8, GL!

K8teeinTX ? waiting on AF, started BCPs, u/s on 2/17, maybe start micro-dose Lupron on 2/20?

glueck ? had baseline for IVF #1, starting stims on 3/9

sekura ? met with RBA doc and decided to go with their DE program, congrats on making that decision!

richzep ? still on a break, doing some research, DH to see urologist

HappyIAm ? 6 dpFET, beta on 3/19, GL!!!

joules12 ? ET of 1 embie (Nemo) on 2/24, BFN on HPT but increasing betas (7, 12, 24.9, 72). Waiting on beta #5 results, GL!!

glueck ? ET for IVF #1 on 3/22

ladyrader0227 ? Welcome! ET on 3/11 of 2 embies, beta 3/23, GL!!!

Trippleb ? Post-Op from third lap surgery on 3/20, everything is healing nicely. On a break this month but got the go-ahead to start meds with next cycle

abvernon ? taking a break from acu & herbs, still tracking cycles

lovekatespade ? IVF #1 ? BFN (((hugs))), WTF on 3/23

jlcrane78 ? got a schedule, will start stims in late May, ER in early June

~*~Graduates~*~

mlhowe07 ? BFP on 4/28!! Congrats!

DoingItRight ? BFP on 5/15!!!!

lenebene ? positive beta 5/13 on DE IVF!!!

danish16 ? BFP on 7/1!! Congrats!

TotallyLoCo ? FET 8/5, +HPT 8/12, beta 8/15, CONGRATS!!

Tootlebug ? BFP on 8/12 ? twins! CONGRATS!

STL34 ? BFP on IVF #3! CONGRATS!  

snoangel79 ? BFP! Update 9/21 ? it?s TWINS!! CONGRATS!!

madhatterxo ? natural BFP, Congrats!!!

leolyns ? BFP on IUI #1, graduated to OB, congrats!

UMichGirl ? u/s week of 11/7 ? saw & heard heartbeat!

jessager ? BFP on IVF #1.2, had NT scan, everything normal!

IBackBevo ? BFP on IUI #1, saw HB on 1/27, 8 week u/s on 2/10, congrats!

jillychris ? surprise BFP on 2/19, congrats!!

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THERE ARE ANY SPECIFIC QUESTIONS YOU'D LIKE ME TO ASK! I have a hard time coming up with things so please let me know. 

SAIF Always Welcome
TTC #1 since Fall 2008
High FSH, Sertoli Cell Only Syndrome
Unsuccessful with my OE, moving to DE + DS
DE + DS IVF #1: Dec 2012 - BFP, nothing at first u/s 
DE + DS IVF #2: 3/14/13 - c/p
DE + DS IVF #3: 7/12/13 - BFP! Finally! No heartbeat at 7w1d.
DE + DS IVF #4: 5/16/14 - BFN
DE + DS IVF #5: 9/3/14 - BFP at 5.5dp5dt, Beta 1 @ 9dp5dt: 438; hb of 133 at 6w5d, no hb at 7w1d
DE + DS IVF #6: 3/3/15 - BFN on HPTs through 7dp5dt, Beta 1 @ 8dp5dt: 19, Beta 2 @ 10dp5dt: 76, nothing at u/s

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky 

Re: ~*~DOR/POF Check-in~*~

• Hi ladies.  I hope everyone is doing well this week.  I'm stilllllll waiting Confused  I'm doing a little better this week.  I spoke a little more with my GI doctor and he was willing to write me a letter BUT my RE is still not satisfied.  The plan still stands to go to MGM on April 10.  I'm anxious and nervous for that appointment now.  I'm tired of everyone telling me what could possibly go wrong and everything.  I'm aware and we want to at least try.

Ceemonkey...obviously I've never had this experience but I hope that someone else will have some advice for you.  Good luck.

ETA: Look no longer a newbie!

TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
    Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
    February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
    March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
    July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
    Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
    New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
    January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
    April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
    DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
    July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
    7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
    7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• I am having a hysteroscopy on Monday to remove a polyp. Not sure about anything after that...

I have not had the E2 drop that was asked about in this week's question.

GL to all and hugs to anyone that needs one.

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• Loading the player...
  • mm29mm29 member

GL to everyone!!!

Update:  We transferred our grade 1 expanded blast today!!!!

They upgraded the quality of our embie to a grade 1.  I'm not sure how you go from a grade 2 to a grade 1, but I?m not going to question it or complain.

Beta 4/9

::: Married June 2003:::
    TTC #1 since: Aug. 2008
    Me: 34, DOR, MTHFR-A1298C (heterozygous), decreased blood flow to uterus, Mild Endo
    DH: 38, Balanced translocation 5&10, unexplained MFI, normal SA and SCSA
    Tx History: IUI 1&2= BFN
    IVF# 1 W/ICSI= BFN
    IVF# 2: cancelled d/t no response
    IVF# 3= 1 egg retrieved=immature/not viable
    IVF# 4= c/p
    ***CCRM ODWU***
    Found DHs BT and Me-decreased blood flow to uterus
    Recommended DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. Decided to cycle locally
    ***New RE***
    DE IVF# 1(cycle #6) w/pgd, (freeze all): 30R, 23M, 15F, slow/poor embryo development, 4 biopsied, 1 Normal "Norm"; DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. 
    IVF# 6: (OE/DS) cancelled
    IVF# 7: (OE/DS) 1R, 1M, 1F, arrested day 5
    Plan-DE IVF# 2 (cycle #8): DE/DS in May 2015

http://icanhazbabyz.blogspot.com/
    imageimage image 
  • I have started my mock cycle. I am in varying amounts of estrace. Pretty boring update.

QOTW: I have always had a lead follicle early on with exception to my EPP cycle (which was a complete utter failure anyways). I have read that EPP does a good job of preventing a lead. I have not had my E2 drop like that though. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Concrats to MrsLouie!

mm19 - Fx for you!

imageceemonkey:

Status Update: Just waiting ...

QOTW:  I've never had that happen. 

I had a question: I was wondering, given our DOR state, if anyone put off childbearing, do you have regrets and also how do you deal with the regrets and possibly resentments if it was your partner who preferred to wait. 

• Update:  I am really struggling with sudden and intense depression.  I'm not sure if its caused/ intensified by my hormones regulating after the IVF cycle or what, but I am a pretty miserable person these days.  We'll be cycling again in May.

QOTW: Sorry, I have no experience with this. 

Me: 31 DH: 30
    Dx DOR (AMH .49), Stage 3/4 Endo, Septate Uterus
    After 2 years, numerous tests, abdonimal surgery, and 2 IVF cycles, we are so grateful to be expecting.
    Transferred 2 "perfect" 8-cell embies 6/12. Beta 1 6/25: 472! Beta 2 6/27: 1055!
    First u/s shows TRIPLETS! WHAT?!?! Both embies stuck and one split. OMG

Levi, Henry, and Amelia were born healthy at 34w3d.
  • So sorry lovekatespade, I know this is a rough ride. Have you talked to your doctor about it? IF is so hard...

Update: We sent in our paperwork for our donor embryos so we just have to figure out now when we want to cycle. Then we'll get all our testing done.

QOTW: I have heard it's an egg quality issue if the E2 drops. I generally have a lead follicle early on in my cycle but my cycles are shorter anyway because of that and elevated FSH levels.

SAIF Always Welcome
    TTC #1 since Fall 2008
    High FSH, Sertoli Cell Only Syndrome
    Unsuccessful with my OE, moving to DE + DS
    DE + DS IVF #1: Dec 2012 - BFP, nothing at first u/s 
    DE + DS IVF #2: 3/14/13 - c/p
    DE + DS IVF #3: 7/12/13 - BFP! Finally! No heartbeat at 7w1d.
    DE + DS IVF #4: 5/16/14 - BFN
    DE + DS IVF #5: 9/3/14 - BFP at 5.5dp5dt, Beta 1 @ 9dp5dt: 438; hb of 133 at 6w5d, no hb at 7w1d
    DE + DS IVF #6: 3/3/15 - BFN on HPTs through 7dp5dt, Beta 1 @ 8dp5dt: 19, Beta 2 @ 10dp5dt: 76, nothing at u/s

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"