VBAC

Successful VBAC with big baby!

Here is my story!

Saturday 3/31 at 3:45am my water broke- I was in bed and heard a small pop.  With DD it was a loud pop followed by a gush of water.  I got out of bed and felt a little trickle down my leg- just assumed I was peeing.  Got to the bathroom and each time I stood up, more came down my leg.  I was not having any contractions yet so I didn't wake my DH...I think I was trying to let him sleep a little more and I was in some denial.  I had just been to the Dr. the day before and was not even 1cm and still very high.

About 45 min later, I was having contractions every 10 min...nothing too crazy though so still didn't wake DH, take a shower, or even pack a bag.  By 6am I decided that it was morning and that my DD would wake up soon anyways, so I woke up DH.  He become frantic and we called his mom to watch DD.  We had to drop her and the dog off at their house on the way to the hospital.  In the car the contractions were getting stronger and coming every 2.5 min.  DH was really starting to freak out.  

We made it to the hospital and I was immediately checked.  I was at 4cm and still very high.  The Dr. was not very confident that a VBAC would happen.  I labored a bit and then got an epidural (Thank goodness!)  At the next check I was 8cm and station -2.  Dr. was still not thrilled with my chances. 2 hours later I was fully dilated but now only at station 0.  So baby was lowering but not very quickly.  

I started pushing an hour later and in less than an hour DH saw the baby's hair and then everyone knew that I was going to have a successful VBAC!  It was so exciting!  A few more pushes and out came a new DD!!!  it was such a rush!

The Dr. was really shocked at how well I was able to push to get her to come down!  While they were all pretty pessimistic about the outcome, they never really let me believe it and always let me continue to try!

Here are DD's stats- 8lbs, 9oz; 20 inches long; 35 cm head circumference!

The recovery is so much better than the section despite some tearing and stitches, and the 2 day hospital stay went so quickly compared to the 5 days!

Good Luck Everyone! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Successful VBAC with big baby!

• That's great to hear!  Congrats!!
  • Wonderful news! Congrats!  Can I ask why you had to have a c/s with the first?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • that's awesome, congratulations!!
  • Big Congrats!! 
  • With my first- my water broke and I was in labor for while- got fully dilated and pushed for 1.5 hrs.  At that point it was determined that DDs head was turned a little and everytime she came down she went right back up.  When her heartbeat started to go down, they insisted that she come out!  I was exhausted and hormonal and hated it!
  • Tht is awesome!!!  Congrats!  
  • imageCaronl:
    With my first- my water broke and I was in labor for while- got fully dilated and pushed for 1.5 hrs.  At that point it was determined that DDs head was turned a little and everytime she came down she went right back up.  When her heartbeat started to go down, they insisted that she come out!  I was exhausted and hormonal and hated it!

I could have written this myself! (minus the water breaking part) I am also trying for a VBAC so this gives me hope.

Congrats!! 

• imagemommy~to~mj:

imageCaronl:
    With my first- my water broke and I was in labor for while- got fully dilated and pushed for 1.5 hrs.  At that point it was determined that DDs head was turned a little and everytime she came down she went right back up.  When her heartbeat started to go down, they insisted that she come out!  I was exhausted and hormonal and hated it!

I could have written this myself! (minus the water breaking part) I am also trying for a VBAC so this gives me hope.

Congrats!! 

Yep, me too!  It's good to hear success stories! 

• congratulations!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"