April 2012 Moms

Pretty sure my water just broke....Update!!!

Of course it would be early morning, lol.

I was sitting in bed and thought I felt something warm trickle...stood up and it was a pretty steady leak down my l leg....it was a pretty decent amount so I kicked H out of the shower and went in the bathroom so I wouldn't ruin any carpets (yay! My bed survived!) Although it stopped for a moment and just as I was starting to think it was just pee (I swear it smelled like pee) there was another small gush. I've decided to sit on the bed (with a towel of course) and stand up in a few to see if it happens again, but I'm pretty confident that there's no way I could pee that much, lol.

So...question...

Can I still labor at home? 

Yep, that was definitely my water...apparently my daughter likes to do things the correct way....water broke, rest of MP came out along with the nasty bloody show everyone talks about and then the contractions started. Sitting on my bed while H gets our things together (he is freakkkkkkkkking out, btw) timing my contractions (which are not very fun at all). 

Well...wish me luck ladies! Aiming for a NB but most importantly, a happy, healthy little girl :)

See ya on the flip side :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Pretty sure my water just broke....Update!!!

• My doc says to call when the water breaks.  Ask them if you can labor at home.
  • That is exactly how it happened for me 14 years ago.  I thought I'd peed on myself.  You just can't believe it is finally happening!  I can't answer your question about laboring at home because I had a csection so I had to hurry to the hospital. Good luck!  I'm jealous!
  • Loading the player...
  • Exciting!  I would call your MW/OB and let them know your water broke and you would like to labor at home as long as possible and see what they say.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yay! Exciting.

And yes, you can still labor at home (so long as the fluid is clear and you are GBS negative). I would call your care provider and let them know. Mine has no problem with moms laboring at home, though if contractions don't start within a certain number of hours (I cannot remember what she told me! 12 maybe?) then she'd like you to come in. 

• Oh my gosh! This sounds like it's it for you!

So, according to my OBs (but I'm sure it's different everywhere) they would like me to either come into the office (if it's during normal business hours) or head to the hospital as soon as my water breaks just to check things out and then I can return home for a while longer to labor. Are you GBS+? If so, you'll probably have to head it right away for a dose of antibiotics and then I guess you could go back home and come back for your next dose 4 hours later. Most hospitals will admit you as long as your water has broken so if you want to go in then by all means head there now. 

GOOD LUCK!!! Keep us updated! 

• Everyone else answered you, so I'll just say good luck!
    Micah Leonard
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Call the Dr!  But mine always said to just call when contractions got strong and keep in touch with them.  Then go in when you are ready!  Good luck!
  • How exciting!

My doctor said if my water breaks, we need to prepare to leave for the hospital, but that it's fine to take a nice shower, finish packing and eat something. That on top of a 45 minute drive to the hospital (which she is aware of). 

So, if it were me, you have a little time. But if you get to the hospital and things aren't moving fast enough they may try and help you along (I think there is a 24 hour window after water breaking that they like to have baby out).

GL mama!!

imageVisit The Nest!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yay, how exciting!! Keep us posted!

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • You should also take note on where the baby was at the last appointment.  If the head was engaged you're probably fine.  They worry about the baby being too high up and having problems with the cord.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yay ATeal! Good luck!!

Emerson Kate born 4/6/12, 5 lbs. 13 oz. 18 3/4 inches.

Happily expecting Baby Mac #2 around 4/13/14

• Oh, I really hope this is it and not a case of unknowingly pissing myself. That would be really,really fun to explain to H's work ;)

• It sounds like your water. Yay. Good luck. 
    imageimageimage
  • That's a very good question. I will have to ask that at my OB tomorrow. My water didn't break with DS so i don't know what to do. I think it used to be that if your water broke they wanted you delivered within 24 hours to avoid infection but studies have recently shown no proof that it lowers the risk of infection. Anyway, that was a long ramble. Good luck to you! I hope you have a quick and healthy delivery.
  • When mine broke they had me go in to swab and make sure it actually broke. I'd call your MW and see what she says! Good luck!!
    i wish i could be joking but my dad is the music teacher at a church so he owuld be mad. we had sex, all the time how bad i know but we dont want to wait and he said GREAT OH KAY! and I was really feeling the wets? down there- too embarsed to say- but he acted like man.
  • Yay! Good luck momma!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If the fluid was clear and you're not GBS+ it's fine to hang out at home.  I know you're hoping to go med-free, so you don't want to rush in and get put on pitocin and the hospital "clock" right away.  I'm not sure what your provider's guidelines are but mine said to come in after 12 hours or so if contractions haven't started yet.  If contractions do start during that time, then I'm free to labor at home until I think we need to go to the hospital.  Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    My BFP Chart

• My office has you go in to confirm it's your water and then will send you home for up to 12 hours to wait for contractions. Assuming you're GBS-. Good luck!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Woot! Good luck!
  • Good luck!! I really hope this is it for you!
  • woohoo! good luck Ateal! keep us posted:)
  • Oh exciting! Good Luck! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Yay! Congrats.  I believe you can still labor at home unless you are strep b positive.  Thats my plan anyway, to wait it out at home for a bit even with the water breaking so I am not stuck in a hospital room with no progression.  I could be terribly wrong though. 
  • Yay! Can't wait for pictures!
  • Congratulations! I will be thinking good thoughts for you and your LO!
  • Yay on being in labor! Congrats and good luck!!!
  • Good luck!!!
  • Good Luck!!
  • Squee!!!! Hope all is going well!!! Good luck!!

imageimage

• Exciting!!! Can't wait to hear the story!
  • Im not going to pretend Im not jealous because I am. :D Good Luck I hope you have a healthy baby girl and a smooth labor.
    BabyName Ticker}
  • Good luck how exciting!!
  • Aww best of luck!! Quick and easy labor thoughts being sent your way. 

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • I'm glad contractions started on their own.  I hope you have a safe, smooth delivery!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    My BFP Chart

• GOOD LUCK!!!!!
  • Good luck! I hope the rest of the journey goes smoothly for you!!
  • Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • How exciting! Good luck with everything!

I'm especially excited to see a 38 weeker going into labor on her own, gives me hope for myself!

~Sarah

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Yay! Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"