Cloth Diapering

alternatives to A+D that won't make cloth diapers repel urine?

We were having leaking problems due to the use of A+D. Good for babies' bottoms, but bad for keeping diapers waterproof. We stopped using the ointment for a few days, but now both babies' butts are red and sore.

Are there any alternative to A+D or do I possibly have to give up on cloth diapers?

Also, how often can I strip diapers with Dawn? And is Dawn ok on baby's bottom? 

TIA

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: alternatives to A+D that won't make cloth diapers repel urine?

• There are many cloth diaper safe creams out there, my two favorites are CJ's BUTTer and Grandma El's.  to me CJ's is more of a daytime use, and Grandma El's an over night option.  I believe Burt Bees available at target is supposed to be cloth diaper safe also, but see if other posters know about this before you take my word on it

https://www.kellyscloset.com/Cloth-Diaper-Safe-Creams_c_888.html

You can strip with dawn as often as you need to. The key to the stripping is rinse rinse rinse rinse rinse rinse rinse rinse and rinse again,.   Did I mention you need to rinse Wink.  As long as you rinsed all the dawn out of the diapers there should be nothing to worry about as far as baby's skin.

If the house ain't burned down and the baby's fed it was a successful day. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We use Grandma El's. Smells way better than the a&d we used to use!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We use CA Baby, and I LOVE it. 

ttf21e9.aspx

ttf2202.aspx

• We use Earth Mama Angel Baby Bottom Balm and really like it.
  • I've used Grandma El's without issue, even with a babysitter layering it on like cake icing.

Another safe option is coconut oil - it works wonders and smells fantastic, assuming you like the smell of coconut.

imageimage
  • kj07kj07 member
    We use CA baby, which you can find at Target.
    photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • imageMegan.10.06:
    We use CA Baby, and I LOVE it. 

Ditto. No issues with repelling. 

DD 1.18.2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"