Babies: 9 - 12 Months

XP: What do you give other kids for their 1st birthday?

We're going to the first birthday of our friends' daughter this weekend, and I'm not really sure what to get her. I have a 9-month old, but I'm sure what he'll be into at 1 year is much different than what he's into now. What do you usually get kids? Toys? Clothes? Money? I hate to give them more "stuff", as I'm sure they'll be getting lots of presents from the grandparents, but cash seems so weird for a baby.

Re: XP: What do you give other kids for their 1st birthday?

• klvklv member

When my cousins were little, I always got them PJs. Everyone gets them clothes but no one buys PJs. 

Books and puzzles are always good too. Maybe a Savings bond? Not as weird as cash. 

• I usually know the child pretty well so get something I know they'll enjoy/don't have - or I look at their Amazon wishlist. Instead of cash just give them an Amazon gift card. Everyone loves that.
  • Loading the player...
  • Books or clothes.  Sometimes I do a cute piggy bank and put a little money in it.  I like the PJ idea!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    imageimage
  • imageklv:

When my cousins were little, I always got them PJs. Everyone gets them clothes but no one buys PJs. 

Books and puzzles are always good too. Maybe a Savings bond? Not as weird as cash. 

I recently decided that PJs are a great gift.  The season will be changing, and DS has none.  His birthday is next month, and I will surely use the credit from the gifts that need to be exchanged for this exact purpose.  It would be nice if someone actually buys him some instead.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Costco sells great pajamas (Pekkles) and lots of nice books. When I doubt, I give books.
  • We had 3 1 year old birthdays in Feb. & I got them all this book (plus one for us to keep)  https://www.amazon.com/Your-Birthday-Book-Keepsake-Journal/dp/0307342301/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333455570&sr=8-1

We have been using the baby book by the same author which I really like.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageklv:

You need their social security number to buy a savings bond. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemullenem:

PJs are a great idea! 

A swimsuit or swim diapers and some beach type toys, books, or some kind of outdoor toy (maybe a walk to ride type toy) would all be good options.

This!  Get em ready for summer! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I think pjs are a great idea. Swim diapers are good too.

A friend has a son about 4 months older than DS. When he turned one, we gave him a play date with DS. I made a cute little coupon that said it must be used on a weekend evening so mom and dad can go on a date. I also included a new book for the kiddo. The parents loved some time away. I loved the older kid checking out all my baby proofing.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"