3rd Trimester

fasting for glucose test?

Do you fast before the 1 hour glucose test? I can't remember and my doc just gave me the paper and didn't explain and I didn't think to ask.
SAHM to DD (2007) DS (2009), DD (2012), loss #4 (Feb 2017 at 16 wks)

Re: fasting for glucose test?

• Last time I was told to and this time I was told not to.  I have a different doc this time around.  I was just told to only eat protein in the morning, no sugar.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • they told me to not eat about 2 hours before the test.

my test was at 1:30 so i had my lunch around 11:15 and i was fine.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My midwife told me to eat something high in protein but low in sugar about an hour and a half before my test.  I had vegetarian chili and passed no problem :)
  • I'm having my test done today as well, and I wasn't sure if I should or not. I just got off the phone with my doctor and they said, no eat regularly. Hope this helps!
  • I was also told to eat regularly.  But I skipped the cereal and milk and opted for something higher in protein.  Oh- and I failed it by less than 10 points.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had cereal around 8 am that morning and the test at 11 am and I passed by a large margin. You're not supposed to eat or drink after you drink the glucose stuff, but before that is fine, at least according to my doctor.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I was told to eat normally just no /to little sugar.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was told to eat normal for mine. 
  • I was told I didn't have to fast, but it didn't matter if I did. My appointment was at 8am so I didn't eat anything before hand. I think I got a 115 or something.
  • I was told to eat normally- I had it around 10am and I think I ate a muffin and a banana beforehand. I had it almost two weeks ago and haven't heard from the doctor's office so I am guessing that I passed. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • I fasted, my Dr said 2 hours, I just went as soon as I woke up in the A.M. so that I did not have to worry about the time frame. then enjoyed an amazing brunch after :)
    Ali Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Different docs give different instructions on this.  Mine only has you fast for the 3 hour- not the 1 hour.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"