November 2011 Moms

Bumbo- thoughts?

DS can sit with support...by me holding his back up or propped in the corner of the couch. I would like to find something made for babies to help him learn to sit up/to "hang out in" on his own without my constant attention. Whenever he's in it, I'd be in the same room, but at least I could get a second to flip through a magazine or something rather than keep setting him up cuz he's tipping over. Ok now for all my questions: do you think a bumbo is worth it? Or do you have something similar, but a different brand that you love? Is it even worth it to get one now since he should be sitting on his own soon...like is it worth the money just to get a month or 2 of use out of it? If you have one, do you have/use the tray on it? Thanks so much!
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Bumbo- thoughts?

• I hardly use it because she gets bored in it. An exersaucer is a better investment. Or just use a high chair. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't have a Bumbo but I got DD a walker and she really likes it. She prefers standing to sitting anyways so it works out perfect. She's able to play with toys on the tray and scoot herself around a little bit. They're just about the same price but I think we'll get more use out of a walker at this point compared to a bumbo.

- Ava -  11-29-11

- Violet -  10-9-13

• Loading the player...
  • I don't like the Bumbo.  I find it to be pointless and DD gets bored quickly.  They have to be within arms reach and in it on the floor.  I would get an exersaucer.  They are so worth it and they will use it for a few months.  I got mine on Craigslist for super cheap and it was barely used.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • I like my bumbo and LO can sit up on his own now.  I break the rules and put it on the counter top when he is supervised.  He doesn't get too bored if i give him a to you or two to hold.  Its also great when i am in the shower.

We don't have a highchair yet.  I think we will likely put the tray on and use it to feed him solids.

Mine was well worth the money.  I have an exersaucer and he loves it, but its a pain to move from room to room.  We don't use the bouncer much anymore.  Use the bumbo instead and move it around the house.

• My DS doesn't love the Bumbo. I thought it was gonna be great, but it's just so-so. I'm glad DS received it as a Christmas gift, instead of me buying it. Some kids love it though.

Maybe try to find one used on Craigslist or something. 

Baby Boy #2 is on the way!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I have an exersaucer thing but I was hoping for something he could sit in. Like PP's LO, DS doesn't like his bouncer anymore so I was trying to find an alternate for that. I was thinking of ordering the Fisher-Price Healthy Care Deluxe Booster Seat instead of a highchair, so maybe I will so I can use it for something for him to just sit in too rather than buying a bumbo as well. Keep posting though, I like hearing everyones thoughts!

• Don't have one, but thought about getting it.  Balked a little at the price though... I was then thinking about checking craigslist to see if I could find a reasonably priced one.  I got my Snap and Go stroller base off of craigslist and was so glad I didn't pay full price!  Happy Hunting :)
  • If you can get one used for less, I would go that route.  I got one with DD, and used it a handful of times.  Pretty much the same with DS now, too.  Just isn't worth the money for us.
  • We haven't used it much because DS doesn't really like it.  I thought we'd use it when we started solids, but since we're waiting  until 6 months I think he'll be fine in the high chair.  I didn't get one with DD because I thought it was unnecessary and I've learned that I was right!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm thinking of getting this for DD instead. It does all the bumbo does and more so it seems like a better choice to me.

DD tried a bumbo at a friends house and she LOVED it but it just seems like a lot of money to waste for something so simple. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DD doesn't really like hers. She prefers to sit in her FP space saver high chair.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • My LO is a little bit older so not sure if this will make a difference, but we love the bumbo. He has just started to sit up on his own but not well enough for me to put him on the floor by himself. Since starting this, he wants to be sitting. The exer saucer would probably work but my LO is so short his legs don't reach so he isn't a big fan. 

I also will put him on the counter if I'm right there. Hand him a couple of toys and I'm good to go. Now it might last only five or ten minutes but that's the same for anything he does.  

• imagelkm2006:

LO is so short his legs don't reach

Yup this is us. I put like a board game below so his legs have something to rest on, but it's still hard for him to move around. I also like the activity seat that PP suggested. It's nice cuz it's like a bumbo, but only like $10 more and you get the activity things too.

• DD was sitting in her Bumbo when I started reading this post. She likes hers well enough. We do have the tray that goes with it. She'll sit in it and chew on her keys or sometimes we even feed her her solids in there. She is the biggest fan of the Fisher Price Jumperoo, she wants to be in that constantly. I'd say the Bumbo is worth it and you can use it for quite awhile to feed the baby or whatever. Even if they can still sit up on their own I think they can still sit in that as well? 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We have a Bumbo and LO is pretty happy in it for a short time.  I am paranoid of it, though so I don't have her in it much.  We do use the boppy pillow and put her in that.  She likes to sit up and it gives good support all around.  The difference is that she leans forward too much in the boppy, so I still have to be sure that she doesn't face plant. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I have a Prince Lionhart BebePod. We don't use it much, it was a handmedown from a friend. LO doesn't like to be in it too much.
  • I was lucky enough to just borrow one.  Am so glad I didn't spend any money on it. LO gets really bored in it and constantly tries to climb out.  We'll use a high chair for feeding and like other things for him to hang out and be entertained (exersaucer-type stuff).
  • So it actually worked really well today. I left him in the nursery at church for the first time today and they had bumbos in there. He tried it and got bored the lady said. So yay, glad we figured that out w/o having to pay!

• We bought our little guy the summer infant super seat (instead of the bumbo) and he loves it!  It has toys so he doesn't get bored, he's strapped in so it's secure and right now that is what he sits in when we feed him his cereal.  I highly recommend it!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"