3rd Trimester

Best Maxi pads for Postpartum?

I know this sounds ridiculous, but I feel like I have been out of the "maxi-pad" game for a while.. even before the past 8 period-free months, I didn't use pads much. 

What are your thoughts on what would be best for after baby gets here?

Thanks

image image image image BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Best Maxi pads for Postpartum?

• I've used Always Infinity with both of my previous pregnancies and just bought a couple of boxes for this one.  I like that they are much thinner so I don't feel like I'm wearing a diaper.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Always Infinity!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I hate pads with a passion...not sure what I am going to do...maybe Depends? :)
    Stephanie Ella ~ 6/15/2012
  • Get some thick ones for the 1st week or two, but after that I use the Always super thins (super absorbency) with wings. They're awesome!
    DD#1 11.7.07 - DD#2 11.2.10 (3rd Tri Loss)- DD#3 4.18.12
  • I plan on taking Kotex Overnights with me to the hospital..
  • I'm an Always with wings kind of girl.
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • I started with the bigger Always pads with wings and then switched to the thinner Always Infinity pads.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My BFP Chart

• Always ultra-thin overnight pads worked great the first time, that is what I am using this time too :)
    Little E born 12.10.09 Little A born 04.19.12
  • I took home with me as many of the hospital pads that I could. I recommend that. I bled for awhile and it was not very light.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • from personal experience, Always are the only way to go. Stayfree don't stay put and bunch up too easy.  Kotex seem to fall apart. I have always used pads and i have tried every kind out there and Always are the best by far.
    BFP #1 03/2010 EDD 11/18/2010 DD born 11/03/2010 BFP #2 12/02/2011 CP on 12/05/2011 BFP #3 12/28/2011 EDD 09/10/2012 Missed mc @ 9w3d on 02/09/2012 D&C 03/06/2012 BFP #4 04/24/2012 EDD 01/02/2013 CP on 04/29/2012
  • I'm not sure about brands, but I would recommend avoiding really thick ones. I kept wearing the thick ones a few days after I got home and ended up having a lot of pain/irritation along my stitches. My doc checked it out and suggested using thinner pads. That helped immediately. I won't be doing that again!
  • Ugh... I hate pads - the only part of (post) pregnancy I'm not looking forward to. Great post!
  • Another vote for Always Infinity!
  • imageLoveBug39:
    I plan on taking Kotex Overnights with me to the hospital..

you don't need anything with you, they'll give you the gigantic ones needed for the first few days and the netted panties to wear them in, then just long w/ wings.

yes, the netted panties are very sexy!

• I wore Depends in the beginning bc I had a 2nd degree tear and pads would have been super uncomfortable!  Then, I would go for something w/ wings :) 
    loren
  • I bought at least for the first week or 2 the bladder control pads, they are usually thicker and more absorbent. I think I used the tena brand?? Not sure. Haven't picked those up yet
  • I hate the hospital ones even though they are so thick I don't think they work as well as always infinity overnight with wings. I take them to the hospitalhanged howler and change into them and my own clothes ASAP after delivery, last time it was with in two hours. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • I used pads from the hospital at first.  And then I like Always Ultrathins. 
    imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • I used Always Overnight with Wings for like the first week after my c/s and then switched to thinner Always Infinity after that. I tried the Always Infinity before the overnight ones but I leaked.
  • This is a great post. I had the same question. Thank you for the Always suggestions! 

• leela02leela02 member
    edited September 2014
    I wear pads during my period and Always ultra thins with wings have worked the best for me. The most absorbent kind is called Overnight Extra Heavy Flow. Infinity didn't work for me but I only tried it once when it first came out.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"