3rd Trimester

Breech baby & sharp vag pain

This is my 2nd baby.  I'm having BH this time around which I never felt with DS.  I'm also having sharp pains in my vag, mainly when standing/walking.  I'm 35wks along & go to the doc on Tuesday so I'll ask them about this too.

I'm just wondering what these pains could be?  Normally, the pain is from the baby's head pushing on nerves in the pelvic area.  However, this guy is butt down.  Is his butt pushing on the nerves??

Dylan Gabriel 04/29/10 Aiden Drake 04/28/12

Re: Breech baby & sharp vag pain

• I have heard that vaginal pain could be caused by the baby kicking the cervix, but I haven't experienced it myself.  Maybe he is still in a position to kick down, even though he is breech?
    BFP 10/17/11 Due 6/24/12 Baby Girl! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ahh, Lightening crotch has attacked another person!!!!!

yes, it is when baby puts pressure on your nerves and send a sharp, shooting pain into your lady bits for a few seconds... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Yep... I'm having all of that, too. I had it pretty bad with the last pregnancy, too. It was such a relief when they put me on bed rest then because it got so bad that every time I stood up, it was excruciating. My doc kept insisting that it was "normal". It sure doesn't feel that way, though. Sorry you're having to deal with that.
  • Wow!  I was just going to post about the exact thing!  I had an appt today and the baby was breech, but she was head down last week.  Dr said the extra pressure I am feeling could be because of the new position and it is normal.  She said at this point not to worry about the position as the baby could very easily move again.  My pain even occurs sometimes when I am sitting.  So, good luck to us and hope they both move back to where they should be!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks ladies ^_^

imagegleasona:
    Wow!  I was just going to post about the exact thing!  I had an appt today and the baby was breech, but she was head down last week.  Dr said the extra pressure I am feeling could be because of the new position and it is normal.  She said at this point not to worry about the position as the baby could very easily move again.  My pain even occurs sometimes when I am sitting.  So, good luck to us and hope they both move back to where they should be!

Glad I'm not the only person with this situation!  DS never dropped but he was head down.  This one is sitting low & butt down, lol!  Talk about opposites!  I go to the doc again on Tuesday so I'm curious to see if he's flipped yet (I don't think he has though).  Making me very anxious!!

Dylan Gabriel 04/29/10 Aiden Drake 04/28/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"