Babies: 3 - 6 Months

4 Month Sleep Regression- HELP ME!

I'm sorry if this has been asked a million times, but for those that have gone through the "4 Month Sleep Regression" and recovered, how long did it last? We are about a week in. My STTN baby has become a 3 hours MAX baby. I am a zombie. This sucks.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 4 Month Sleep Regression- HELP ME!

• My 4 1/2 mth old started doing this about 2 weeks ago and after her going 11hrs straight at nite without waking this was hard to get back into. Being a mother of 3 and my oldest being 11 it doesnt surprise me that our sweet LO is completly different than our other 2 were. After talking to our pediatrician I agree and I had to this when my 2nd child was a little older turning off the monitor is just fine as long as the cry isnt the Im hurting something is wrong cry. As long as they had went a long period of time before this then you know they can do it, and this means its time to start letting them learn to self soothe. This is the hardest thing to do to not go get them when they cry as long as you know there isnt any thing wrong. I have a couple of times snuck into her room just to make sure she hasnt spit up (because if she is wet on the sheet of her bed then she cries cause she doesnt like it), but I check and then walk out with out turning on any lights. Its hard and it takes a few days but it really does work, it just takes patients. I layed there awake the 1st couple of nights waiting for her to stop and now she cries I turn off the monitor wait 10 min and turn it back on she has stopped. Good luck.
  • I just want to say your daughter is sooo cute!  I love that pic!  I think we are starting with the sleep regression just this week, he would STTN or just wake once after 6-7 hrs if he had wet through or to nurse but now its only 3 hrs at a time max and very difficult to get him to go back to sleep and more difficult to lay him down at night and get him to fall asleep.  I don't know how long it will last, but I am hoping not long! 
  • Loading the player...
  • imagealber2am:
    I just want to say your daughter is sooo cute!  I love that pic!  I think we are starting with the sleep regression just this week, he would STTN or just wake once after 6-7 hrs if he had wet through or to nurse but now its only 3 hrs at a time max and very difficult to get him to go back to sleep and more difficult to lay him down at night and get him to fall asleep.  I don't know how long it will last, but I am hoping not long! 

Thank you! Last night was a little better for us...but not much. Hopefully we will both get some sleep soon! This is no fun!

• Ugh were in the same boat. Started just this week. My DD had been sleeping 12 hours with one quick wake up to suck down a bottle. Now she's waking up 2 or 3 times and each time being up for an hour or more! Im sorry to say I have no idea why this happens or how o fix it. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"