Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Duck Tub?

I still bathe DD in the sink in her 1st years tub, but she's getting too big for it & is trying to use the opposite side to pull herself up.  I looked online at the Munchkin Duck tub, the reviews are good.  

I'm curious - how long does it take to inflate, should i purchase an air pump along with it?  

For those of you that have one, how do you like it?   

Re: Duck Tub?

• Options

We have the inflatable Winnie the Pooh version and it took me only a few minutes to inflate, no pump required.  Here's the deal though - the tub is too big to properly fill, the wall of the tub is wide so I kinda have to push it back so that the water goes IN the tub and not on the front and out. So that's not all bad just weird. 

The floor of the tub is so slick! DD was fine for a few minutes but then her bum just slipped down and she went under! I had a hold of her arm so I pulled her up but she couldn't get traction and she is a good sitter. If you don't fill it much this is fine for a bit but once there's baby wash in the wter it gets slick even then. So I decided to get this large bath sponge I saw at BRU that I put down first then fill it and we are good to go.  

The tub was cheap so whatever. I had initially wanted to get a bath seat but the reviews were so-so. Guess I should hop on Amazon and put my 2 cents in about the slippage. 

• Options

We have the duck tub--we got it as a shower gift.  DH did blow it up himself but it took a long time--if we had our pump at the time we would have used that

We have liked the duck so far--no complaints yet

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I bought the duck tub because it was on sale and I was having the same issue as you... too big for the infant tub.  I LOVE the duck tub and so does DD.  She sits up pretty well but if she starts to lean she falls right onto the sides and it cushions her.  She loves to lay in it and "relax" while playing with her toys. 

DH blew it up and we just leave it blown up in the bathroom because DD has her own bathroom.  It would be a pain to blow up everyday but I don't think it took DH very long to blow it up (atleast he didn't complain that it did Stick out tongue).  I would definately recommend the tub!

Follow Me on Pinterest Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have the duck tub and love it.  We just blew it up once and leave it in the bathroom.  My little one loves it was well.  It really is a perfect tub for when they grow out of the infant tub and still too small for the bath tub.  My little one can sit up and really relax in it!  It is hard to fill in the bath tub because it is so wide, so I just use a cup to speed the process up.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We have a duck tub, we used it when the boys were too big for the infant tub but weren't really ready to sit on their own in the tub; it didn't take long to blow up and then we just hang it on the wall to dry.  And like someone mentioned it will make a glorified pool toy or snow sled after
  • Options

I mocked my dad heavily when he bought me the duck tub (really dad, it quacks) and sure enough DD loves it. It took about 5 minutes to blow up sans pump.

We leave it inflated and she will play with it in the nursery. So far it's been a boat, a cave, and a helmet.

• Options
    We have it and it works well for us.  We have a hand pump, and it took less than 5 min to inflate.  As with the other ladies, we just keep it inflated in the bathroom.  The day we got it Kay was so fascinated with it, I plopped her in it and she was hanging out with me in the kitchen while I made dinner.  Well she was leaning waay over trying to touch the kitty and boom, just like that, she rolled right out of it.  She didn't get hurt at all, she didn't even cry.  Just one moment she was in it, the next she was on her back, still trying to grasp the kitty.  Since then we've only used it for bath time.
  • Options
    imagecma1215:
    We have the duck tub and love it.  We just blew it up once and leave it in the bathroom.  My little one loves it was well.  It really is a perfect tub for when they grow out of the infant tub and still too small for the bath tub.  My little one can sit up and really relax in it!  It is hard to fill in the bath tub because it is so wide, so I just use a cup to speed the process up.  
  • Options
    I just blew it up and she used it the first time last night. I'm going to keep in blown up in the tub. It only took me a few minutes to blow it up. It isn't that big and she did great. We just sat her with her back against the back of it. It has a suction cup so you can hang it up on the tub wall to air dry.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"