3rd Trimester

What does your bump make it difficult for you to do?

I have found that at this point being able to sit comfortably to eat at the table is pretty much impossible!  We went out to dinner tonight and I already knew that sitting in a booth was not going to happen, but now even tables are uncomfortable! Heck, just sitting here behind my computer desk is difficult because my bump causes me to have to sit so far away from the desk.  Yes, and even putting on socks & clipping my own toe nails are a thing of the past - thank God my husband is willing to help me out!

So...what does your bump make it difficult for you to do?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What does your bump make it difficult for you to do?

• Shave my whoo haa and itch my feet!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Sit,lay on the couch at night comfortably, bending to put on my sneakers/shoes, laying on the floor to play with DS...and my bump is not even that big yet!

• Loading the player...
  • roll over comfortably at night, walk through the classroom without bumping any kids with my belly causing me to apologize ackwardly lol
  • Carry my 30 lb kid, ouch.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Clip/paint my toenails, put lotion on my feet, bend over to pick up DD's toys (or anything else!), roll from side to side at night, and shave the lady bits!
  • Definitely have troubles bending down to pick up things, which stinks because I'm so clumsy, LOL.  I work at a library, and it's difficult for me to reach over the desk books.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sit, bend, reach, see, move...

You know, normal things people are expected to be able to do.

Especially when my little brat has her feet crammed up into my ribcage. 

• Cut my toenails and bend down/over. Also, reach things when I have to stretch over something lower to get to whatever's higher up.
  • Put my shoes on, pick things up off the floor, help DS.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • So, so many things. I've huge issues with eating right now. My bump is HUGE so it keeps me back from the table and the only way for me to be comfortable in our chairs is to lean back a bit. So I'm way far from the table and end up dropping so much food. I actually gave up on my salad at lunch because I was making a mess and refused to hold the bowl under my chin and shovel it in.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • BREATHE!!! I feel like my lungs are going to collapse! (I know that's not the bump's fault per say but if there wasn't a bump, I guess I'd be breathing OK), shave .. my lady parts and my legs. Put my cute, flat, strappy, gladiator sandals on lol lay down, turn from left to right in the night, get out of the car when you're parking in a parking lot (like at Target) and you're next to a car -- interesting!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm not so big that I can't move like I did, I still sit on the floor cross legged and can paint my toes and shave my legs and other parts lol. But I am in a perpetual state of discomfort. No matter how I lay, sit, or stand I'm am horribly uncomfy and that is super frustrating cus like I said I'm not very big so I don't get why I'm so uncomfy.
  • imagezoeygirl1105:
    Peeing in those cups at each appointment. I can't see my lady parts let alone aim in a cup. I blindly put one down there and hope for the best!!

Thats such a good point!

• imagezoeygirl1105:
    Peeing in those cups at each appointment. I can't see my lady parts let alone aim in a cup. I blindly put one down there and hope for the best!!

LOL sorry this made me die laughing!

I can't walk without wincing in pain...it drives me nuts.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Washing dishes is hard because I have to lean over just enough that my back starts hurting quickly after starting the chore.

Putting pants, socks, shoes on is also a task that requires preparation...gotta take a big breath before I bend over to put them on! :)

• Everything...  Shaving my legs & girl bits, bending over, playing with the dog, doing the dirty with my husband...  you name it, I struggle to do it!
  • Everything else everyone has mentioned, plus cleaning the house. After trying to clean, I am completely exhausted after 15 minutes. Any bending over, squatting, being on my hands and knees, stretching to reach things etc. is really really difficult. I wish I could get a maid for these last few weeks. I bump my belly into everything.

• Putting on a belt and tying my shoes!
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This and most everything mentioned by other PP.  With the lady bits, I've been getting brazilian waxes, so that takes care of that. 

imagektpaladino:
    Everything else everyone has mentioned, plus cleaning the house. After trying to clean, I am completely exhausted after 15 minutes. Any bending over, squatting, being on my hands and knees, stretching to reach things etc. is really really difficult. I wish I could get a maid for these last few weeks. I bump my belly into everything.
  • My bump gets in the way when we want to "get busy". We have two staple positions- both of which aren't my favorite.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • It's difficult to do everything that everyone has mentionned.  Forgive me, but one TMI item that has been an absolute pain is wiping after having a BM.  And since having to go more often in these last weeks it's been such a chore. I cannot wait to be able to have some freedom from my bump!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Have you tried satin sheets? They make a WORLD of difference for me. I can't sleep on cotton sheets anymore...this bump makes it unbearable.
  • Sleep!  This LO thinks it's party time at 4am and starts doing all sorts of kicks and movements which wakes me up and keeps me awake for at least an hour lol It's nice to know he's active but I'm hoping this isn't a hint to how his sleep pattern will be when he comes out lol. Stick out tongue
  • Have sex. 39 week pregnant sex sucks. 
  • SHAVING Angry

Putting my shoes on, picking stuff up at work THAT CUSTOMERS LEAVE ON THE FLOOR! UGH! Getting comfy at night, eating is hard now cuz it feels like my guts are all squished up against my throat, getting the laundry out of the top loading washer cuz I'm short and my bump totally gets in the way...I have so much more to complain about but you all have pretty much covered the basics LOL

Oh! I cant enjoy the hot tub with Babe so he's sitting in there drinking beer and chillin without me Hmm

Lilybug Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Picking up toys in my kindergarten class... I had to give them a chat this week about making sure they pick everything up because I can't do it anymore!  I've also had to switch to a big person chair... instead of one of those tiny ones when I'm working with the kids!

ditto the wiping... I've definitely had to modify my technique...

also shoes and pants... I sometimes sit down now but not always possible...sometimes its the bump... but the sciatic nerve causes trouble too.... shaving is difficult as well as washing my feet! 

• Reach for things at work.  I work at a lab bench and have to lean and reach for certain things.  Now I actually have to move things closer or get up and stretch to reach them.
  • Tie shoes. Shave snatch. Bathe toddler. Roll over in bed/get comfy in general. Wash dishes at the sink. Get in & out of car.  ....of the top of my head
  • It makes it incredibly hard to put on my shoes and to lay on the couch with my computer
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Breathe

bend down/over

get a good night sleep

• Walk (sciatica), climb stairs, exercise (can't believe I miss it!), get in or out of my vehicle, bend over for anything, put my underwear/pants on, shave anything below my belly button, ditto on the wiping (who woulda thunk??), find clothes that fit, sleep, get out of bed, sit on the floor, get up off the floor, clean anything that requires bending over, carry laundry basket, bring in groceries, eat whatever I want, have any compassion for when my DH has an ache or bad day, And that's just off the top of my head! Wink

• Wow, I was just complaining to my DH this morning about this!  At 28 weeks, looks like there's so much more in store for me (and him)!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejlovesky:

Washing dishes is hard because I have to lean over just enough that my back starts hurting quickly after starting the chore.

Putting pants, socks, shoes on is also a task that requires preparation...gotta take a big breath before I bend over to put them on! :)

All of this!

• Picking up and snuggling my four year old, shaving my lady bits, getting down low to grab things (hello lungs!), getting comfortable in most sitting positions -- I recline mostly now, putting on shoes aside from slip-ons. Hmm, I'm sure I'll think of more later.

I often bump into things with the bump because I still haven't gotten accustomed to accommodating the extra space it takes.
  • Bend over, get off the ground after playing with DS and putting on socks and shoes.  I am not looking forward to navigating my cramped classroom after being on Spring break the last two weeks either.  I feel like I've ballooned lately.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So impossible to put on socks and shoes!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"