June 2011 Moms

Red Headed Babies...

Cam's hair was REALLY red when she was born, but it's getting more blonde/auburny lately - if you didn't see her in the sun, you might not even realize it's still red- anyone else's redhead changing their look?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Red Headed Babies...

• Well.... How about turning red.... K's hair was black when she was born.... And now it's turning more of a reddish color. I've got dark auburn hair, so I wonder if she's taking on my hair color.... Or if my husband's red hair is going to squash my brunette genes!
    forum
  • I thought Ash was getting redder because his hair is getting thicker. But my SIL visited yesterday and commented that his red was fading. I choose to believe that something was wrong with her eyes. But MH was born with red hair, and it was light brown by the time he was 4, so it is possible. The thought makes me sad though.
  • Loading the player...
  • Ty's isn't red, it's getting lighter and lighter by the day though.  However, Avery, our niece who is a few weeks older has red hair.  It was more strawbberry blonde when she was born, and it's much more red now.  Still light, but red!  SIL had redish hair as a baby/toddler that is now pretty much platinum blonde, and BIL has red hair so Avery will probably have red or strawberry blonde hair.
  • DD's hair was auburn/brunette when she was born. It's now lightened to a more strawberry blond. People still notice her red hair when we are out, so I know that the redness hasn't gone away too much, just changed. PIP, for fun.

When she was born:

Now:

• J's is getting more gingersnap (so darker) but the red is still there. i think he'll end up with my coloring.
  • I posted b/c I'm a little scared. DH has a lovely auburn shade now, but as a kid he had bozo the clown hair. His mother assured me he was bald until 1, but his father said when it grew in it was Cam's color at first..... scary.
  • C's hair has looked like a mix of red, blonde and brown since she was born. I think it is getting more red but everyone else says it isn't so I don't know. I guess we will just have to wait and see. It looks the most red outside in the sun.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • My son's hair is more auburn but it's gotten a lot darker recently. It wasn't cherry red to begin with but people would comment on his red hair. Now it's more like my auburn hair which is brown in dim light and auburn in sunlight.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I think K might end up strawberry blonde like her Daddy was when he was a kid. Her hair was dark when she was born, it all fell out, and now she has very light hair. It's definitely not red, mostly blonde, but there are definitely touches of red in it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagebunnymama625:
    I posted b/c I'm a little scared. DH has a lovely auburn shade now, but as a kid he had bozo the clown hair. His mother assured me he was bald until 1, but his father said when it grew in it was Cam's color at first..... scary.

haha! i had 'Annie" red hairfrom 3-6 ish. it faded to a lovely auburn and i love my red hair now!

• imageKymbirleigh:
    Well.... How about turning red.... K's hair was black when she was born.... And now it's turning more of a reddish color. I've got dark auburn hair, so I wonder if she's taking on my hair color.... Or if my husband's red hair is going to squash my brunette genes!

This is for us, too.  I have reddish-brown hair and DH has a lot of red in his facial hair and sideburns if he lets them grow out, so we'll see.

• imagebunnymama625:
    Cam's hair was REALLY red when she was born, but it's getting more blonde/auburny lately - if you didn't see her in the sun, you might not even realize it's still red- anyone else's redhead changing their look?

everyone commented on LO's red hair for the first few months. Now it looks blong until we go outside then it's strawberry blond. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"