Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Poll: Things you are sick of doing...

baby related ...things you are sick of doing.

I cannot wait til I dont have to make bottles, clean bottles...look at another bottle.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Poll: Things you are sick of doing...

• I 2nd the bottle comment!!
  • I am sick of sleeping 5 hours a night or less!

• Loading the player...
  • OMG - I HATE washing bottles!!
  • Feed him baby food! But I know the next stage is self feeding and that will be a mess. I'm so looking forward to forks and spoons!

**edit** And swaddling! So tired of swaddling, trying not to swaddle, swaddling one arm out, swaddling both arms out, swaddling loosely, swaddling tightly, swaddling ourselves so we can just get some sleep already!!!!

• ditto on the bottles, especially the cleaning part.

I'm also over changing diapers.  It wouldn't be so bad if he would lay still, but he won't!!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Definately washing bottles.  Wiping a poopy butt.  Carrying him around...he's been over 20 lbs for 2 months now, my left elbow is in a lot of pain.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Rocking her to sleep for naps for an hour. Don't get me wrong, sometimes I like to just sit and cuddle and rock her.  But twice a day every day gets old.  I've tried putting her down drowsy but awake and it just doesn't work.  It does at night but never for naps...if she isn't sleeping when I put her down it just doesn't happen.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ditto on the bottles!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ughhh hate washing bottles. me and DH started switching every other night because I am so sick of doing them.

David John 4.19.01
    Jonathan Dean 4.5.08
    Anna Capri 5.4.11
  • Changing diapers... I can't wait to potty train!
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • pumping at work and washing/making/rotating ebm bottles.
  • I cannot stand washing pump parts and bottles.  I'm also pretty sick of trying to put on a diaper, lotion and pajamas on DD at night because she fights me the whole time and it's a huge struggle.

• Sleeping all the way through the night...AHHH I miss that.
  • I get so sick of pumping throughout the week!!!  I'm sure it is horrible for myself, but I don't do it on the weekends if I don't have to.  At the same time I'm not ready to give it up yet.  I just wish I could stay home so I only had to do it for outings.
  • Absolutely washing bottles. 

And getting up at 6:30 or 7 on a Saturday. 

• pumping and washing pump pieces.  Also getting up multiple times per night.
  • I MISS SLEEP!!!!

And baby laundry. It's a HUGE PITA with all of the food stains. It seems I spend hours trying to get spots out and I'm so over it. ?

• Honestly, the only two things I'm hating right now are crib training and putting lotion on him. He has bad eczema and needs lotion applied all over, twice a day. He hates it because I think it makes him cold, so he screams and fights me on it tooth and nail.
  • ditto milfy. i loathe pumping at work.
  • Yes, I agree with the whole bottle thing!  I would rather change 100 poopy diapers than wash/prepare another bottle!
  • Reminding DH to take out the Diaper Genie (part of our deal is he takes out the trash), remembering to buy refills for it.

Tired of having to find a clean bottle to pump. 

• Pumping, pumping, pumping, pumping, pumping, pumping, pumping, pumping...

As soon as my frozen stash has run out we're done!!! I'll have made it 11.5 months by then.

Married to Jon 9-18-2004
    Kate was born 1-26-2008
    Natural m/c on 10-18-09 at 9.5 weeks
    Mira was born 9-14-2010
  • I'm so sick of cleaning up the dog's water that my DD spills, or remembering to put it back down so the dog can have some water.

Sick of DD banging on the TV

Sick of being couped up in the house already and its only November!!!

Sick of working out and not losing a pound.

• I would say probably sleep.  I miss being able to sleep straight through...and sleeping in on weekends.

I also am sick of trying to think of what to feed dd for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack...day in and day out.  (But I also feel that way about what to make for dinner period!)

• Pumping. Thankfully, I haven't had to do it too much since I only work twice a week, but starting next week, I'm finished with it. She'll breastfeed when I'm home but get whole milk when I'm at work.

Changing diapers. It's not the diapers themselves, it's the wriggly toddler that's the problem!

Emily 11.29.2007 | Kate 4.3.2010 | James 8.22.2013
  • I'm so sick of puming and washing pump parts.  Oh, and not sleeping past 5:30 am on weekends while my husband gets to sleep in until 9.
  • Washing bottles and working with DD on developing all her skills. I wish she would just learn how to do something without me having to work with her on every single thing.

Sometimes I scream in my head "JUST EFFING CRAWL/ROLL ALREADY!!!"?

• I'm sick of changing diapers.. it's such a fight w/ DD every time to get her to sit still, not scream and cry, etc... I can't wait until she's potty trained.. and that's so far away! *sigh* ;)

And I'm sick of getting up multiple times a night and it being a fight to get DD back to sleep.. every.single.time. Last night she was up from 3-5 am, again! I'm tired damnit! I know this is a part of being a parents but after 9 months, I'm just sick of it.

CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • The morning daycare thing is getting to me. The morning shuffle and evening shuffle is tough on me and on her. We are definitely getting a nanny for the next baby. 

Also I am tired of snowsuits and its only November. :)

• ditto on the bottle washing and preparing.  Hate it.
    DD#1 is such a big girl! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • The after bath lotion, diaper, jammies wrestling match is getting really old.  As are the 3am "where is everyone??" wake up screams....
  • Changing poopy diapers, feeding DD while she moves around like crazy....
  • Waking up to pump in the middle of the night. Arrgh. It sucks. DS STTN but I still get up, WTF?
  • I'm over pumping, and not sleeping.
  • I'm sick of having to fight with DS to take a nap and then having him fall asleep in two minutes for DH, you're tired kid just sleep for godness sake. ?I know we're going to have to let him CIO and it's going to be ugly but we've been dealing with this off and on since the beginning of Sept. and at least 3 days a week I have to have DH come home from work, DS only ends up with one nap, and he's a year old already so he should be able to sleep.?

• I hate pumping.  45 min a day 5 days a week.
  • I'm looking foward to NO bottles.
  • The ONLY thing that I am sick of is pumping and obsessing over my supply and how to protect my supply and will this effect my supply and what about that?

I absolutely LOVE breastfeeding. But, I HATE HATE HATE HATE pumping.

And its not freaking fair that working breastfeeding mamas have to go through such amazing freaking feats to keep their babies alive.Not fair.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • washing bottles , changing diappers . 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"