Natural Birth

I'm done with the "what if"... I'm going natural!

I've posted on here before, and even though I said I wanted natural, I kept researching other aspects, just to learn about epi's, etc. Well, I talked to one of the MWs at the practice today during my appt. She is a tell it like it is kind of lady.

She said:

Straight up, I'm not gonna lie, it's like running the boston marathon. You need to start now, feeding your mind and body everything you will need to get to the end. You can't just line up and "see how it goes." The only things you should be researching is hypno methods, since you have experience with it (I have used it in the past), and natural birth. When you prepare for the race, you only talk to people about when you finish, you don't talk about the first aid stations, blisters, or not training enough, so why would you do it now?

Hope this helps anyone else that may be on the fence about committing to going natural. 

For my little man...I only knew you in my heart. D&C 3/1/11 EDD 9/8/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I'm done with the "what if"... I'm going natural!

• Ooh I like this. We're using the Bradley Method. I like all the prep work they make you do. And I believe in positive speaking and thought. 

The way your midwife put it was spot on.  

• I love this. Such a straightforward, honest perspective. Thanks for posting.
  • Loading the player...
  • I am sooo jealous, sounds like you got the best doctor. She is honest, but open-minded. I wish mine was just like that. Good luck at your preparation for the Marathon :)
  • This is always how I felt about natural birth. Either you are in or out 100%. All my friends have gone the "see how it goes" route without doing any research and have ended up with the epi. I am filling my mind with as much info and techniques as I can so I can have the birth I want!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagehass2001:
    This is always how I felt about natural birth. Either you are in or out 100%. All my friends have gone the "see how it goes" route without doing any research and have ended up with the epi. I am filling my mind with as much info and techniques as I can so I can have the birth I want!

Same here!  Even my friends who did a little research and hoped to go natural, if they weren't "all in", they didn't make it.  To keep with the analogy, I wouldn't have finished my marathon (though it was more of a sprint in length) without an excellent support team, they practically carried me when I hit that infamous wall!     

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Exactly! Go all in! Eye on the prize!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"