Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Not loving boopy

I find it too big and lo slips into it during bf-is my breast friend Btr?
Kingsley Kennedy Wolff born March 16, 2012!!!

Re: Not loving boopy

• Options
    I have the same problem with my boppy. But my friend has the my breast friend - and I think I'd find it annoying to have it strapped to me. I've gotten used to feeding her regular, just propping my knee up to support her. We use the boppy whhen friends/family just hold her so their arms don't get tired - since they aren't used to her.
                    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie - (K6Db)

imageimageimage

TTC #2 since 10/2013

BFP #1 (4.14.14) ~ CP (4.18.14)

BFP #2 (6.27.14) ~ EDD 3.7.15

• Options
    I always reclined when nursing if possible and used the boppy more for inclined sitting baby and tummy time "learn to hold your own head" baby. The couch pillow was stable enough and soft enough if I was tired during a feeding, and I couldn't take the carry sling wrapped around me so I couldn't imagine having a pillow strapped to me. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I personally have to have the boppy, but I have big breasts.  Without it, I'm either squishing him against my boob or having to lean down to feed him.  That's just my own experience though.  I can easily see where others would have problems with it if they don't necessarily need the extra support.
    July '15 siggy challenge: Thanksgiving fails
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
  • Options
    I felt the same w/ boppy. My Brest Friend is a lot better IMO. It is wider, & flatter, DH fits so much easier, no sliding off. But, I've seen other boppies that weren't as firm or round as mine. I love the strap on mbf. It provides great back support. I now keep boppy in the car in case I need it on the go, but much prefer mbf.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I use my brest friend, with my boppy shoved underneath for extra support.  It has really helped us get into a good feeding position, and really helps to support most of the baby's weight.  It is a pain to hook and unhook, especially during the day when I am home alone and stand up between sides to burp or change.  But I still dont think I would be successful without it.  I would be leaning forward to far and not able to have a free hand ever.  The boppy was too squishy and wouldnt stay put, always sliding away from me.
  • Options
    Now that she is bigger, the boppy is fine, but I hated it for the first couple months. I think I would have liked the brest friend pillow better. I do use the boppy behind her when she tries to sit and sometimes for tummy time though.
  • Options
    Loved the my breast friend for the first month when LO was smaller. Now love the boppy, especially when I feed him sitting up ( to aide with reflux) it provides great support. Also love it for tummy time and to prop him up to do his favorite thing, watch ceiling fans! Lol! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had this issue when DD was first born and tiny, but now she settles on top more and it's working out. I also cross my legs and that seems to help keep it pushed up against me. You might want to stick it out, if possible.
    DD 1.18.2012
  • Options

imageSoonToBeMsP:
    I had this issue when DD was first born and tiny, but now she settles on top more and it's working out. I also cross my legs and that seems to help keep it pushed up against me. You might want to stick it out, if possible.

Me too. I really love my boppy. I had this problem with my son falling into the hole at the hospital and I kind of stopped using it for a couple days after I got home. Then once I started using it again I fell in love with it. It goes everywhere with us in  the house. I sit him up in it when he's awake and I nurse him with it. It just takes a minute to get used to it, or some peole just have different opinions on it and that's okay.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

HATE the Boppy for BFing, LOVE the Breastfriend. I like that it attaches to me. It's nice and secure with a wide area for DD to lay as she grows. It's a lot more natural feeling, to me.

I do like the Boppy for DD to recline on and for tummy time, so at least it's good for something! 

DS 5 years old
    DD 2 years old
    {Baby GIRL due 6.1}

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"