Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Baby Scratch Mittens

I'm a FTM due in 3 weeks.  I ordered a set of Carter's scratch mittens from BRU, but after receiving them I don't think they will stay on LO.  Before ordering these, I had been thinking about these off of Amazon.  I'm just wondering what all of you have found to work best.  Thanks!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Baby Scratch Mittens

• Baby socks worked much better for us because they're tighter and DS had a harder time flinging them off.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yea, they don't stay on! I used socks, also most newborn clothes come with extra material that you fold over the hands. 
    Samantha Isabelle Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Elle KateLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I have an entire supply of mittens and socks... And have never put any of them on Aria's hands. Some people swear by them, but they just haven't been necessary for us. :) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    212 Facebook Admin.
  • I tried the mittens, they didn't work for us...DD managed to take them off.
    I eventually bought long sleeve onesies that have mitten cuffs, they work great....and so do socks :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The mittens that stay on the best for us came from Walmart.  I believe they're made by Gerber, but the Gerber ones from Target stretched out really fast.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • The mittens you linked from Amazon are the only ones that stay on my little guy! They're expensive, but were totally worth it- my LO would scratch himself constantly with out them.

Socks...that's genius! 

• I used socks for both of mine. Works wonders! As a side note, none of the Newborn sleepers I've gotten have the mitten cuffs. I swear everything my son had did.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I agree buy lots of socks and use them on toes and hands

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"