2nd Trimester

What's your favorite thing about being pregnant?

I'm not talking about the obvious: the fact that at the end we get to meet our sweet babies! What's your favorite little thing that you're enjoying right now?

I'm torn between two. I love that my hair is super full and thick, it has lots of volume without me needing to do anything other than blow-dry it. I also love that DH is on litter box duty!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What's your favorite thing about being pregnant?

• I think I have to agree with your favorites completely.  No littler box scooping for me and it does seem like my hair has been growing like crazy which is good because I've been trying to grow out a shorter cut! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My favorite thing is feeling the movement throughout the day of my DS. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Besides the obvious of feeling her move around

Not getting my period

"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
    Goodbye little angel(7/22/2011)....see you in heaven
    Goodbye my second angel (9/18/2011)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Feeling movement for sure, but if I had to choose something not baby realated I'd have to agree with the hair.  Oh, and that I don't feel guilty crashing on the couch for 1/2 hour when I get home from work because I am so exhausted.

Fun question!

DH and I married 8 years. Mom of three, stepmom of one.

• Even though I'm a very independent person, and still like to do a lot of things for myself (at least for as long as I know I reasonably can), I've actually been enjoying how some people have been tripping all over themselves to try to help me out, or lift certain burdens from me. Plus, I love how I can be kind of "lazy" on certain things and nobody questions it (e.g. getting take out instead of making dinner, or having someone else carry bags/packages for me).

I also really love feeling the baby move around. It's such a strange sensation, but it makes me feel so connected to her.

Mama's Clone - 07/18/12

• Not having a cycle is definitely a good thing.  The real perk is the one I'm waiting for though - when I'm big enough that people stand up for me to have a seat on the train.  THAT is going to make me wish I could stay pregnant forever.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagemylittlesunshine:

Not getting my period

OH...This too!  I saw some tampons in my bathroom cabinet over the weekend and thought to myself how it was so nice that I won't have my period ALL summer!! Big Smile

• imagemylittlesunshine:

Besides the obvious of feeling her move around

Not getting my period

This Yes

lolololo
  • LM915LM915 member
    feeling baby kicks and nudges throughout the day. 

Pregnancy Ticker

BFP #1 | DD born July 2012
    BFP #2 | EDD 04.18.14 | D&C 10.01.13 @ 11w3d
    BFP #3 | EDD 09.15.14
  • All the clothes have a streachy waist- super comfy.  No litter box cleaning!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I have boobs now. :) 

• Boobs, no period, & not feeling guilty about being lazy from time to time. Also, I have to admit I love the attention from my husband. Embarrassed

Anniversary
  • Definitely feeling movement and having my DH feel the movement as well.  Makes him feel a part of it.
  • My husband pampering me 24/7, not having a period, and having an excuse to drink 4 glasses of chocolate milk within an hour.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagekitchencolors:

Also - never feeling like I have to suck in my belly. Ate too much and feeling super full after lunch? No problem, just makes me look more pregnant!

Yes! I was just telling this to DH over the weekend. 

Oddly enough, despite my ever-expanding waistline and increasing weight, pregnancy has made me feel a lot less "fat". I actually really like my pregnant body, and I feel pretty good about it. It helps that DH seems to really like it too (and is constantly telling me how "beautiful" and "sexy" I am).

Mama's Clone - 07/18/12

• Wearing pants with a stretchy waist band.

Not having a period.

Having an excuse to get take out in the middle of the week.

• Everything.  I absolutely LOVE being pregnant.  I mean with both my pregnancies I was lucky enough to not have any M/S (so I'm sure that adds to the factor)..however I did and do have an anterior placenta...and I still love being pregnant.  Matter of fact, a few weeks after I had DD I looked at my feet/ankles and cried because they weren't "chubby" anyore.  Even though they were back to normal I felt like they were too skinny. so yeah, i love being pregnant and everything about it! Big Smile
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I wish I could say no period, but any sign of pressure in that region of my body has me bleeding :/ (no worries, I've been cleared by the obgyn - they don't know why this is happening but apparently all is well.)

I'm for sure less conscious about my weight!

• I love the way my body looks and feeling the baby move.  I'm loving my hair right now too!!  :)
  • My favorite thing is feeling kicks and sitting with DH while he feels the baby kick,
    Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Honestly... this is my 2nd pregnacy and I had a wonderful (ie- easy) 1st and this one, while I have had a little more symptoms, still has been fine, but I still can't really find anything that I like about being pregnant that does not have to do with getting to have a baby at the end:)  

That is the reason I like being pregnant-- that I get a baby at the end:)

• I will second (third, fourth...?) not having a period, not having to worry about how belly looks and feeling the baby move.

• My skin really clears up during pregnancy. Last time it stayed clear until I was done nursing my son.
  • What about not feeling guilty about chowing down all the time? My fave!
  • I love feeling him move around.  And my nails have been growing really fast.
  • I love feeling like I've joined some secret club. The stories people share with me about being a mom and their experiences with pregnancy as well is nice and makes it fun to connect with others.

Also the obvious ones: not having a period and OMG maternity clothes. I don't know why I waited so long! Just got my first set this weekend and when I was trying everything on at the store I almost didn't want to take anything off! Never thought I could find clothes that would rival my PJ's in comfort and be socially acceptable!

TTC since July 2010 1st IUI - 6/14/11 =BFN 2nd IUI - 7/20/11 =BFN 3rd IUI - 8/22/11 =BFN 4th IUI - 9/24/11 =BFN 10/11/11 - Cyst= :( Break from meds 11/15/11 - New Plan(to shorten cycle):Femara CD3-7 + Menopur CD7-12 + HCG 5th IUI - 11/28/11 =BFP!!!!!! Beta 16dpiui:220/18dpiui: 492 DX: PCOS 1500mg metformin BabyFetus Ticker
  • I love the interaction of my husband with my belly. When everyone else touches my belly it bugs me, but it is amazing when he does. The gentle and caring nature he does it in and the conversations he decides to have are wonderful. I will totally miss this.
  • Not having a period is my number one and it's making my endometriosis way better. Also, I love the hormones. I feel so even tempered all the time.

• What I love the most so far is the excuse to take naps or sleep in really late.  Love that!

DSC_0097 image BabyFruit Ticker image
  • I love that my husband falls asleep every night with his hand on my belly. He doesn't talk about how excited he is, but I can tell with his little actions.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"