2nd Trimester

Lurker ? on m/s...

Hi ladies.. I am lurking over here from 1st tri and had a question I was hoping you guys could answer. When did m/s stop for you? I am 9 weeks and I am really sick of being really sick and feeling like crap? When can I expect relief?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Lurker ? on m/s...

• I was sick until about 15 weeks. Still some nights I don't feel very well but the morning throwing up has stopped and I mostly feel great! hang in there it does get better :)
  • I did stop throwing up until 24 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • I felt much better and stopped throwing up by 14-15 weeks.  I still felt quesy for a couple weeks but yy 18 weeks I felt great, almost like I did before i got pregnant.  Plus @ 18 weeks I got that 2nd tri energy everyone talks about!  Hang in there, it will get better soon!!
  • It was about 14 or 15 weeks when it stopped for me.  Although I do sometimes still feel bouts of it still.

imageimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Not only is it different for everyone, it can also be different for each pregnancy. With my first, it started around 4.5-5weeks and lasted until I was 14weeks. With this baby, it started at 5.5weeks and only lasted until 8 weeks.

With my first pregnancy, it was only all day nausea and with this one, it was both nausea and throwing up. Very different. 

• I was sick and throwing up from about week 5-week 12.  It got progressively worse until I went to the Dr. at 10 weeks and got some meds.  At the worse I was throwing up all day- 5 or 6 times a day.  Then around week 12 things got better, slowly but continuously.  For about 2 weeks I wasn't really sick, just a little queasy, and I gagged a lot but didn't throw up.  By 14 weeks I think I was pretty good- and I haven't had any trouble with being sick since then. 

I hated being pregnant during that time, and I totally regretted getting pregnant, even though I really want a baby.  I was miserable.  I couldn't get off the couch, I couldn't eat anything even though eating sometimes made me feel better, all I wanted was sour things like lemonade, that burned my throat coming back up.  The smell of my bathroom made me throw up, the smell of my husband, the sight of my honeymoon pictures, the show "American Haunting"- everything made me sick.  But my OB and my mom and sister told me to hold on, that it would pass, and it did!  Now I have a hard time remembering being that sick. 

So hold on!  Every woman is different- and I don't think you will wake up one day miraculously better.  But one day you will notice that you aren't as sick, and that will be the beginning of the end for MS.  Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • As you can see it's different for everyone. I know some women who get no m/s and some who are sick all 9 months. Mine wasn't too bad but every morning I still get nauseous if I dont eat some immediately when I get up.

Try keeping crackers next to your bed and nibble before you get up. Also try ginger ale, eating smaller meals before bedtime, and Preggy Pop Drops (you can get them at babiesRus, target and on amazon.com). If you dont stop getting sick and its happening all day everyday talk to your doctor and make sure you and baby are ok and if there is anything they can do to help.

Hope you get some relief soon!! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Some woman it never stops.  Ask yor dr for meds if its real bad.  I am 20 weeks and still have M/s.  Miost when 2nd trimester startsit goes away.  Good luck
    lolololo
  • I'm over 24 weeks and still feeling like crap every day!  I occasionally have good days, but I pay for them with worse days afterward.

Here's hoping your experience is different and you feel great during 2nd tri!

• Mine didnt stop til three and half months in and its my first. Gingerale, gingermints, crackers, and sleepytime tea lived next to my bed and at work. What helped was waking up a little early and giving myself time to lay in bed awake before getting up. Making sure I ate little things even if i was disgusted because skipping meals made it worse. oh I also got lavender chapstick and bodyspray to try to help cover up god awful smells (working cooking in a kitchen was not helping). Finally your doc can write a prescription to help. I never filled mine cause I asked around the last week of it cause i didn't think I could take it anymore. Hopefully it is not like this for you. Good luck :)
  • imagekitchencolors:

I stopped feeling nauseous around 18 weeks.  I felt like the weeks between 14 and 18 were a cruel joke because everyone kept telling me to wait until second trimester and I'd feel SOOO much better. Wasn't until 4 weeks into the second that I felt better.

Hope you feel better soon!

This was me exactly. The nausea went away around 18-19 weeks. Its reared its ugly head a few times since, but was not nearly as bad. Good luck, hope yours ends sooner than mine did. MS is miserable.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

• imageDavesgrl2011:

I hated being pregnant during that time, and I totally regretted getting pregnant, even though I really want a baby.  I was miserable.  I couldn't get off the couch, I couldn't eat anything even though eating sometimes made me feel better, all I wanted was sour things like lemonade, that burned my throat coming back up.  The smell of my bathroom made me throw up, the smell of my husband, the sight of my honeymoon pictures, the show "American Haunting"- everything made me sick.  But my OB and my mom and sister told me to hold on, that it would pass, and it did!  Now I have a hard time remembering being that sick. 

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's husband makes them want to barf.  I have no idea what it is - shampoo, deodorant or something else but it makes me really sad that I can't be near him without getting sick.  This all day sickness needs to stop!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"