2nd Trimester

This can't be happening!!!

I'm 6 months, and I never had any heartburn. Well....tonight I ate a piece of pizza and I have the WORST heartburn ever!!! I'm praying this is just an isolated incident. I don't know what i'm going to do if I can't eat my pizza ;-)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: This can't be happening!!!

• I've gotten it off and on, but I haven't seen a pattern with the food.  I think for me, it's more random.  Hope that gives you hope-maybe it's a one-off situation!
  • When I was pregnant with my son, I had the worst heartburn ever no matter what I ate. It started at about 6 months and never stopped til he was born. So I feel your pain!!
    ~Those who do not believe in love at first sight have obviously never given birth~ <a href="http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/j380/Caitlyn_Blake/?action=view
  • Loading the player...
  • Before getting pregnant with DS I had never experienced heartburn.. when I finally did-- boy did it suck! I have felt it a few times with this one already. I'm just hoping it's not as bad as last time.

P.s. A lot of people suggested milk, that made mine way worse. The thing that helped me was apple cider vinegar. I'd just take it like a shot. It's not the best tasting thing, but it helped.

DS1 8/11/10 
    DS2 8/21/12
    DD 9/26/14
    Baby #4 edd 2/11/19 
  • imageNicole1026:
    I'm 6 months, and I never had any heartburn. Well....tonight I ate a piece of pizza and I have the WORST heartburn ever!!! I'm praying this is just an isolated incident. I don't know what i'm going to do if I can't eat my pizza ;-)

I had pizza on Friday night and got heartburrn really bad. Then looking back, everytime I've had pizza for the last 4 weeks, I've been getting heartburn at night. Finally just connected the dots! It sucks! I love my pizza as well!

• I had the worse HB with my first... eventually I needed my galbladder out after I had him.. but the only thing that would help subside it a little bit was Vanilla bean Ice cream.... lol... I managed with that cure!
  • Ugh, the pregnancy heartburn.  I literally had heartburn with both of my girls' before I even too a pregnancy test.   It was HORRIBLE.  I didn't eat, I'd have heartburn.  I ate, I had heartburn... 

This time around I've been lucky and have only had it a few times.  I hope that it is an isolated incident for you!  If not, I hope that it at least holds off for a while!

DH and I married 8 years. Mom of three, stepmom of one.

• Had my first episode of heartburn at 20 weeks. I found I could not lay down. I had to pile bunch of pillow under me so the acid would not back up anymore. I feel your pain.
  • I've been on prilosec twice a day since I was 8 weeks... I've found it gets worse when I eat/drink foods/drinks that are acidic (orange juice, tomato based, etc.), fried foods, spicy foods (I love my mexican!), drinks with carbonation or caffiene, milk (people think it should be soothing, trust me it's not!), water (makes it much worse! i drink alot of crystal light), etc. Also, try to not eat for a few hours before you go to bed, and if you have, prop yourself up so you're at an angle.

Hopefully it won't get worse for you - I also live off of tums. There are lots of women right there with you suffering from the same!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I never got heartburn before, but I have been getting it really bad for the past month or so. I love anything and everything spicy too, like I put hot sauce on everything. I had to stop that though, and I can't eat anything spicy. It's annoying, but worth it.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had it all the time when I ate tomato sauces with DS.  It was terrible - so far I'm following the same pattern.  Nothing else really sets me off - I can eat spicy but tomato sauces make it tough.  I just pop a few tums and stay upright as much as possible :) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had my first case of wicked bad heartburn on Friday.  I made potato pancakes for breakfast.  they were SO good, but damn did they kick back on me in a bad, bad way later.  *knockonwood* it hasn't happened again
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker "You are not here merely to make a living. You are here to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, and with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world. You impoverish yourself if you forget this errand." - Woodrow Wilson
  • I have it all day everyday UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.pregnancy induced.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Water gives me heartburn.

I take tums every night before bed. 

IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"