Trying to Get Pregnant

Septate Uterus?

Had an ultrasound to check on an ovarian cyst, and the tech informed me that I had a slight septate in my uterus. Just what a girl wants to hear!

My doc couldn't tell me much about it, except that mine was small and "probably" wouldn't affect my fertility. She said that my miscarriage rate could be high depending on the exact size and thickness of the septum. 

Anyone out there dealing with any of this weird uterus shape stuff? I'm on BCP until May to shrink an ovarian cyst right now so I already feel like crap that I have to wait extra time before trying, and I am not excited that there could be more complications.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Check out my blog Tales from an Underachiever

Re: Septate Uterus?

• I don't have any experience with this but I'm sorry you got that news. Since you're on BCP is there any chance you could have some follow up testing to determine more specifics about the septum and then decide if treatment is needed?
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
    The Science Babies debuted 5/6/14 @ 34 weeks
  • imagecurlylocks3:
    I don't have any experience with this but I'm sorry you got that news. Since you're on BCP is there any chance you could have some follow up testing to determine more specifics about the septum and then decide if treatment is needed?

She recommended I do a hystio-something (sorry I can't remember the name) when we're good to start trying again,  where they shoot my poor uterus up with dye and see if can spread throughout the uterus with any blockage. If there is, she said that surgery to resect it is my best option. Honestly, though, I don't think I can handle another surgery that may or may not work since my Lap was a total bust and I'm still paying for it.

• Loading the player...
  • I don't know about that... I just wanted to say I'm sorry to hear that! I'm sure hearing anything that may negatively impact your plans is hard. I hope this turns out to not be a problem with having a healthy DS/DD! GL to you!
  • Hi! I am a super lurker and your post caught my eye. I had a septate uterus and can tell you my experience. I was initially diagnosed with a bicornuate uterus after an MRI, 15 week pregnancy loss, Hysterosalpingogram, and another MRI I finially received the correct diagnosis. A septate uterus can increase your miscarriage rate to almost 90%. If this is infact what you have, you should have this repaired before TTC. The surgery is very easy. I went to a reproductive surgeon who specialized in uterine anomalies and he performed a hysteroscopy and removed my septum. I was out of work for a week and the recovery was not bad at all. Since you are on BCP, I would have an HSG and an MRI ASAP. Good luck and if you have any questions please let me know! There is also a great mullerian yahoo group that has an abundant amount of information available.
  • imagecwoschkolup:
    Hi! I am a super lurker and your post caught my eye. I had a septate uterus and can tell you my experience. I was initially diagnosed with a bicornuate uterus after an MRI, 15 week pregnancy loss, Hysterosalpingogram, and another MRI I finially received the correct diagnosis. A septate uterus can increase your miscarriage rate to almost 90%. If this is infact what you have, you should have this repaired before TTC. The surgery is very easy. I went to a reproductive surgeon who specialized in uterine anomalies and he performed a hysteroscopy and removed my septum. I was out of work for a week and the recovery was not bad at all. Since you are on BCP, I would have an HSG and an MRI ASAP. Good luck and if you have any questions please let me know! There is also a great mullerian yahoo group that has an abundant amount of information available.

Thanks for the info! Is it okay if I PM with you a couple specific questions? 

• I would definitely consult with an RE when you are ready to ttc.
    2 girls and a dog
  • I had one as well and I had surgery back in November to fix it. I had a m/c over a year ago now, (the one and only time I've been pregnant), and my RE said it was most likely do to the the septum. She said it was best to go ahead and have the hysteroscopy to correct it and at the same time had a laproscopy done where they found endo. She went and cleaned everything out and now we have moved onto treatment. Like PP said. I was out of work for less than a week and it's wasn't bad at all. GL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"