Trying to Get Pregnant

breakouts and bc?

My skin has always been clear with the exception of an occastional breakout of one zit on my chin. Since getting off of bc I have had an increase of breakouts in areas that I have never broke out before (cheeks, forehead, nose). Could this be related to quiting bc? Anyone experience something similar?

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: breakouts and bc?

• I had the same thing.  I started Proactive immediately after I quit because I knew it was going to happen.  It cleared up not too long after.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagekristykay123:
    I had the same thing.  I started Proactive immediately after I quit because I knew it was going to happen.  It cleared up not too long after.

I am thinking of doing the same thing!

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Loading the player...
  • imageSherBear456:
    crazy! I just stumbled on this post. I stopped BC in November and my face acne is out of control. I've tried everything! I just ordered proactive this morning too! haha. Hopefully it all works :)

I hope it works for you!  I would totally be on their commercials to promote it because I love it that much.  I only use step 3 which is the toner lotion.  MH ordered a huge bottle of it on ebay for me for $20.  The normal size they send directly from the company is tiny.

• That happened to me as well! I start to break out the week before AF. I don't usually break out and I have pretty clear skin so when I do it is like a horn coming out of my face. Blah!.. I've had to step up my skin care! GL to you and hopefully that motherly glow will mean less breakouts!
  • I break out a lot since being off BC. That and cramps are the only downfalls of stopping for me.

I use Proactive, too, but only when I have a big pimple that just screams, "I'm 14 again!" The benzoyl peroxide bleaches my towels and pillowcase if I use too much. I still have the step 3 lotion from when I used it in college- 7 years ago! Probably expired, but still does the trick. They would send it so often that I stocked up on the extra step 3 after the other parts ran out.

• I've always kinda struggled with acne but it really got bad when I got off bc. I recently went on Proactiv too because of it but it dries the hell out of my skin. I'm usually oily around my T-zone where my pores are larger and normal everywhere else. But now everywhere that was normal looks like lizard scales. I've reduced to using it only at night now because of it. As for improvement...I feel like it does heal them faster but I'm still getting a few breakouts.
  • The Proactiv people need to stumble upon this thread. What great advertisers we are! They could quote us in their next commercial instead of Bieber.
  • imageAshDahlia:
    The Proactiv people need to stumble upon this thread. What great advertisers we are! They could quote us in their next commercial instead of Bieber.

Lol so true. I haven't seen the Bieb's commercial yet. My fav is the Katy Perry one. She's hawt! 

• UGH! Yep I started getting more acne after BC but I also have some dreaded back-ne that is just driving me crazy!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    blog
    Diagnosed hypothyroidism.
  • When I went off BC, my face was okay but I broke out all over my back. It was awful. I went to my dermatologist and he recommended a foam that ending up costing me $200!!! He said there were other options, but none that he felt were safe for pregnancy (I told him I was TTC). Wish I would have thought to try proactiv first!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"