2nd Trimester

Opinions Please ... on girls name :)

Trying to come up with a Great Girl Name!!  This is a suggestion from a great friend, and I actually am considering it.  DH says he likes it too, but I know I can get some great feedback from you ladies!! 

Presley Marie 

?  My first thought was I would seem like a huge Elvis Fan, but I am truly considering it. 

Sooooo  what do you think????? 

and if you have any other great suggestions, I know I want to use the Middle Name Marie.  I have as Step Daughter Courtney Nichole, and DH and I have two Girls Kaitlyn Rose and Madalyn Grace.  (My sons name is Brandon Joseph :) ) I am going crazy trying to come up with a great unique name!  :)

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Opinions Please ... on girls name :)

• I do think Elvis when I initially hear it. But, i wouldn't really think that is where you go the name. I think it is VERY pretty! I am assume you would be calling her Presley, not Presley Marie?

• I dont hate the name, it is pretty. By the time your daughter is grown most of her friends won't even know who Elvis is. But, his daughter is Lisa Marie and you have Presley Marie which does seem like you have an Elvis collection in your basement :) Would you switch the two so Marie is the first name?
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry, but I'm not a fan at all.

You other children have wonderful names!

Renee- 37 DH - Chad - 39
    2/06 - surprise pregnancy - twins
    3/06 - m/c 1st baby at 6 weeks 
    5/06 -2nd baby had no heartbeat at 14 wks.
    D&E - Bled out. Blood transfusions. Week in ICU - Cheated Death!
    Diagnosis: Blood clotting and bleeding disorder, immune issues, & cervical stenosis
    5/10 - 1st IVF cycle - BFN
    FET - 10/12/10 - BFN
    1/11 - IVF with PGD - BFN
    IVF - May - BFN
    6/11 New RE - fingers crossed!
    9/11 - IVF - 4 transferred
    10/13 - BFP!!
    It's a boy! Clint Michael, Due in June!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loving the feedback... :) Taking it all in!  Marie Presley could work?  If I went with Presley Maria I would just call her Presley.  The name really isn't my style but for some reason, I thought it was unique and Pretty :).  I am really surprised that my DH responded "That sounds Great" I thought he was going to laugh :)...  

BabyFetus Ticker
  • If you and DH like it, you don't need opinions from anyone else! I did this, had to ask everyone about the girl name we picked out...and everyone HATED it. I wish I never would have opened my mouth, we still chose to go with our original name that we LOVED. It is all about you and your DH liking the name.

But if you want to know my opinion, the name Presley is cute for a little girl. But I cannot imagine it for a grown woman (as a PP said), I also automatically think of Elvis. 

• imageSarahLynne17:

If you and DH like it, you don't need opinions from anyone else! I did this, had to ask everyone about the girl name we picked out...and everyone HATED it. I wish I never would have opened my mouth, we still chose to go with our original name that we LOVED. It is all about you and your DH liking the name.

But if you want to know my opinion, the name Presley is cute for a little girl. But I cannot imagine it for a grown woman (as a PP said), I also automatically think of Elvis. 

Honestly that is why I am asking on the bump...I won't ask my close friends and family for the fact of hurt feelings!!  :)  I do want opinions though just to see what the world would think!!  :) 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • It's NMS, but I think it's pretty. It seems to be growing in popularity in my area, so I don't immediately think of Elvis when I hear it.

Proud Mama to cleft cutie <3
  • It's cute...in a Rockabilly kinda way Big Smile BUT...first thing I thought was Elvis.

So...in the end its up to you of course. It's different...I like it. But be prepared for years and years worth of Elvis questions not only for you, but for her too.

Yes

Lilybug Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My BFF named her daughter Presley a year and half ago...I love it.  Initially I thought elvis but now I don't really associate The King with the name anymore...it's a lovely name for her darling daughter.  I can't remember the middle name she used though...If I think of it, I'll post it.  Go with it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • pejaypejay member
    I like the name!  DH and I considered Presley but were in the same boat you are with people thinking of a connection to Elvis.  We shared the idea with a few family members and didnt say anytihng about our fear or the Elvis connection and they all said "Oh, like Elvis!?"  We opted not to go with it but I love it!  Go for it if you and hubby like it :)

image imageimage

• I think it's really cute!  I didn't think of Elvis right away.  The name Elvis makes me think of Elvis!  LOL.  Presley, not so much.  If it were for a boy then maybe the connection would cross my mind more.   And so what if people think your an Elvis fan?  He was awesome!  ;)

I love it!   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image Pregnancy Ticker
  • I don't care for it. More often than not, I'd also assume the parents were fans of Elvis (not saying that's a bad thing at all, though).
  • I think of Lisa Marie Presley, and I think most people would as well. I do like Marie though, that will be our future daughter's name :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • It's NMS and I don't think it goes with your other kids' names, but it's not terrible. 
    DS1 8/11/10 
    DS2 8/21/12
    DD 9/26/14
    Baby #4 edd 2/11/19 
  • I don't automatically hate it, but I do think Elvis right away.  I think seperately they are great names but putting them together is not that great of an idea.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think it's cute but NMS.   I also did think of Elvis right away and even more so due to the Marie but if Marie is the middle name it's not like she'll be using it all the time anyway.  I don't know most people's middle names (not even most of my friends) but if you like it what does it matter if we do?
  • Sounds like a huge Elvis fan to me, since it is his daughter's name reversed (Lisa Marie Presley). 
  • I would like it if it wasn't SO Elvis-y. 

Presley is fine, Marie is fine, they even sound good together.

But it makes me think of Lisa Marie Presley - Elvis's daughter.

So no - too close to a celeb name. 

image > Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • if i have a girl its going to be scarlett rosemary marie so i love the marie :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"