3rd Trimester

Dumb things your DH/SO has said while you were pregnant:

I was inspired by another post to post this.  Things my husband has said:

1.  "You are acting really pregnant today."

2.  "You are very moody/cranky today." (thank you Captain obvious!)

3.  "Are you going to eat all of that?"

4. "Why are you crying again?"

There are others.  In his defense, he is a great husband.  Men just don't have the pregnant brain that we all do.....where we take everything to heart.

Re: Dumb things your DH/SO has said while you were pregnant:

• "My pains hurt worse than yours." That was last night and I wanted to rip his head off. He has a sprained thumb. Big effing deal. I'm overdue so he can kiss my azz.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicTTC #1 since April '11.- BFP 7/3/11! - EDD 3/13/12 - Dean born 3/15/12! - Lovely Labor Buddies with PsychGirl33!! <3 </br> Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • if only they had to go threw what we do they would probable understand but it sucks that a man cant carry a child.They just dont understand anything
    IAmPregnant Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary > image image
  • Loading the player...
  • He told me not to laugh cause I'll crush the baby.

He also always complains & ask for massages cause his back hurts. He works in IT, not even like it's hard on his body Super Angry

Canadian Bumpie - Texas bound
    DS #1 [S-5]
    3 Step Daughters [A-8] [E-6] [I-4]
    Baby #2 09/10/2017 
    It's a BOY! 
    Babywearer&EBF
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• imagekaylaakosua:

He told me not to laugh cause I'll crush the baby.

He also always complains & ask for massages cause his back hurts. He works in IT, not even like it's hard on his body Super Angry

When he is in a spot that hurts I will push back to get him to move. DH gets all mad at me and tells me "don't push him you will hurt him"  I just look at him

Lately DH complains about the Dr's appt's.  we have our 4D today and he is wondering how long its going to be because he needs to work out at 5.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • DH is usually good about not putting his foot in his mouth, but the other day I lifted my shirt to adjust my clothes while sitting on the couch and he laughed out loud when he saw my belly.  Hello!  He's seen it before.  I think it just caught him off guard.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • "Why do you want me to feel the baby all the time? It just feels like you have gas. I'll just hold it when it comes out."
  • "Pregnant sex isn't my favorite."

<blink blink> Yeah me neither buddy but it is what it is!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • "You're being a psycho"

"Ok, Crabby Mc Crabberson" lol... (we add "Mc ....erson" to all sorts of things... Freaky Mc Freakerson, Dorky Mc Dorkerson, Crazy Mc Crazerson...etc...)

"You're fiiineAngry this makes me see RED.

"I don't see what the big deal is."

"The baby is fine. Stop worrying about it" (how do YOU know?! lol)

"Don't be poking at her... she doesn't like that" (when I poke back when she kicks--or poke her trying to get her to kick)

"Sex is weird with you being pregnant..." Indifferent Thanks.

----------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Visit The Nest!
    ----------
    "Everything happens for a reason"
    ----------
  • imageipookie8:

"You're being a psycho"

"Ok, Crabby Mc Crabberson" lol... (we add "Mc ....erson" to all sorts of things... Freaky Mc Freakerson, Dorky Mc Dorkerson, Crazy Mc Crazerson...etc...)

"Don't be poking at her... she doesn't like that" (when I poke back when she kicks--or poke her trying to get her to kick)

Haha! These crack me up!

And random, but it looks like your dog is a german shepherd or german shepherd mix? We have a german shepherd named Mack too!!  

• Last night DH said "Wow, you're really spreading out" when my shirt was pulled up.  I said I'm filling out, not spreading out :)  DH is bad enough to deal with when he's sick or hurt, I can't imagine hearing him for 9 months complaining of everything we are dealing with.  Don't get me wrong, I love him with all my heart and he is very good to me but sometimes......
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagebloverde:
    "Why do you want me to feel the baby all the time? It just feels like you have gas. I'll just hold it when it comes out."

LMAO!!! This is my favorite. I try to get DH to feel him move all the time.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • You pee a lot

Why are you breathing like that? 

Why do you make a noise every time you get up from the couch?

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • imageSnowPea25:

"Pregnant sex isn't my favorite."

This. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • These are great!!!

My favorite was when I was concerned with having a bigger baby (recently had an ultrasound where they told me the baby was measuring big) and I had also just gained a bit at my last OB visit. DH tried reassuring me by pointing out that he noticed I was putting on a little bit of weight, so I shouldn't worry so much about birthing a larger baby!!!  LOL!!! I could have killed him!!! He would NEVER say something to intentionally hurt me, and we both have a great sense of humor... but I just had to give him such a hard time for this one!! He just kept telling me he sincerely was just trying to get me to relax about the size of the baby... I do know that as much as men joke about never being able to say the right thing, it becomes 10x more difficult when the wife is pregnant!  

BabyFetus Ticker
  • We were on babymoon and he was pushing me down the swimming pool on a float and he was being funny. I started laughing and he says:

"your belly is shaking like a bowl full of jelly"

My laughing turned to crying in about 2 seconds flat, which then knowing his sense of humor after about 10 mins of crying I started laughing. Hormones. I still remind him of this statement about once a week :) 

• aciaacia member

"You just don't understand how much pain I'm in."

Yeah, right. That 26 hour labour I went through a couple years ago can't compare to the muscle aches you have from your 10 km run.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Before I was pregnant, when we were talking about how we'd need to get a car, he told me car seats are optional.  So since there's two of us and we'd have just one car, he'd drive and I'd just hold the baby in my arms in the passenger seat.

Last week he tried to convince me we didn't need to buy any diapers ahead of the baby coming because we're not sure what size he'll be.  His plan was just to stop at CVS on the way home from the hospital and pick some up, while I wait with the car double parked in the middle of the city, with the baby on my lap, naturally.

• imageSheenaNash1:
    "My pains hurt worse than yours." That was last night and I wanted to rip his head off. He has a sprained thumb. Big effing deal. I'm overdue so he can kiss my azz.

Oh I get this all the time! I told DH that he's got it pretty easy when it comes to the actual pregnancy, he doesn't have to go through the symptoms, the labor, etc. So he replies "Well I do have to put up with your crazy for nine months!". I know he meant it as a joke but I gave him the eye and said he better watch out or he'll get a face full of boob milk!

• My sister, who is seriously the funniest person I know on purpose and by accident has said some crazy stuff.  I was telling her how fat I felt one day, and she says... "you don't look fat... you just look like you swallowed a baby!"

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My favorites to hear are...

1. You're being over emotional. You need to stop.

2. (This may seem TMI) Hey.. Your vagina got fatter!

In response to 2.. Uhm duh I'm pregnant? lol 

• My DH thought that the funniest thing ever was to call me "Fatty"  since I found out I was pregnant (even when I lost 10 lbs during first tri)...Whenever anyone would call and ask how I was doing he'd say "not bad... but she seems to be gaining weight lately".  I finally had to get mad about it to get him to stop!  He's a great guy... but can be really clueless about some things!

• We were sitting next to eachother on the couch when he said:

"wow! You look really fat from that angle!"

I looked at him all scandalized when I realized he was making fun of our 17lb cat :p
    Nevermind me, I'm too distracted by my mini-carrots to think properly image
    ~Fitness Blog~
  • he said "youre not fat......I'm fat!" ugh dont go there my friend!
  • "If you get me drunk enough I might think about sleeping with you."  LOL this seems really mean, but its not.  We are having a girl, and the thought of doing it while our little girl is still in there completely wierds him out.

"You totally have my legs now!" lol (he has cankles) Hes an idiot, but loveable.

• imageJinnifah:
    We were sitting next to eachother on the couch when he said:

"wow! You look really fat from that angle!"

I looked at him all scandalized when I realized he was making fun of our 17lb cat :p
       This is hysterical! Big Smile
  • " Your not fat, your pregnant"

No duh but I still feel fat

"That dress will look better on you when your not pregnant"

That one made me cry.  He realized what he said just as the words were leaving his mouth.  He couldn't say sorry fast enough.

"Why are you crying NOW?" 

• "I don't understand why you're so tired. You barely did anything today"

"Can you pick that up off the floor for me?"

"I want our kids to be close together in age, so we can start TTC pretty soon, right?" 

• imageSnowPea25:

baaahahaha!

• imageateal2490:

"I don't understand why you're so tired. You barely did anything today" 

Omgosh, this. I get SO mad when DH says this.  

• DH: "I wish you weren't pregnant so we could have sex." Me: "What??" DH: "You know, hard."

"I thought you already had your test (glucose) since you talk about it all the time."

"OMG my back! Will you rub it?" (I am like literally the only one who can rub the knots out of his back.)

"Boobies!!" & claps (which also he did before I got pregnant!)

"I am so tired."

"Why do you want to start your leave so early?" 

• imageLaralaw3:
    imageSnowPea25:

baaahahaha!

THIS.  DH, don't be offended then when I decided to reach waaay back into my dresser drawer to use something with batteries since my libido has skyrocketed and you're not willing to help a girl out!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Me "why is the floor all wet?"

DH "because I ran out of soap mid-shower and I had to get more from the closet"

Me "why didn't you just ask me to get you some?"

DH "because I didnt feel like waiting 5 minuets for you to get out of bed to get it for me" 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageRamaOtster:

Me: (trying to convince DH to rub my back) "You need the practice since you'll be doing it while I'm in labor."

DH: "You don't have the baby in your room anyway."

FYI: Apparently he thought we would be spending the entire time I was in labor in surgery or something. We are having the baby at a birthing center...so not only will I labor in our room, I will give birth in our room, will recover in our room and the baby will be in our room the entire time we are there.

DH: "I told B(his boss) when you are due and he said that's great you'll be calving with his herd. And then he said maybe he shouldn't have said that."

DH: (in response to my jokingly calling the breastpump a "milker") "Ha! It would really be like a milker if it did both boobs at the same time!"

Me: "It does."

My DH calls mine a "milking machine", too. unfortunately, they're not completely wrong. :) 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • *sigh*

"...Yea, Well you're fat for a reason..." Hmm

"Stop being so emotional all the time!"

"I'm not putting a carseat in my truck" YES YOU WILL! AND YOUR GONNA LIKE IT!!

When I'm saying owee cuz shes kicking me "Is she kicking you? Well hit her back, she'll stop..." Yea...it don't work that way buddy LOL

"Really? You cant get up?" YES! REALLY! THATS WHY IM STICKING MY HAND OUT TO GRAB YOU! lol

Lilybug Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • When I was pg with DD my DH was on the phone with my dad and goes I know man she is not only huge but moody too! I thought I was gonna explode in to tears!
  • imageHollyBee013:

"If you get me drunk enough I might think about sleeping with you."  LOL this seems really mean, but its not.  We are having a girl, and the thought of doing it while our little girl is still in there completely wierds him out.

"You totally have my legs now!" lol (he has cankles) Hes an idiot, but loveable.

He's worried he's going to hurt me, so this is pretty much the most ignorant/dumbest thing he's said. God Bless him... hehehe...

• imageCPhillz:
    imageipookie8:

"You're being a psycho"

Haha! These crack me up!

And random, but it looks like your dog is a german shepherd or german shepherd mix? We have a german shepherd named Mack too!!  

Lol-- my Husband thinks he's being funny too.... Huh?

Yes, he's a little GSD mix. At first we thought he was a GSD, just the runt of the litter, but he's so tiny. He's only about 36+ lbs and quick as a whip. I'm sure he's mixed with some kind of running breed like a greyhound or something. His frame is so light. But he's got all the adorable-ness of a german shepherd <3

What a coincidence! We call him by about a thousand nicknames: Mack-attack, Mack-aroni Noodle or just Noodle, Mackinack Island, Noodle Poodle... etc... hahah he's a character!

----------
    Visit The Nest!
    ----------
    "Everything happens for a reason"
    ----------
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"