3rd Trimester

Sleepy baby is going to give me a heart attack!

My LO apparently likes to sleep for extended periods of time at this point.  I can feel little to no movement for like 2 hours straight and just about the time I am about to have a heart attack that something is wrong, she will start to move.  Is anyone else having this issue???
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sleepy baby is going to give me a heart attack!

• I did one day last week... I was craving something salty... so I have a couple of peanuts... then after I was done, he didn't move for about 2-3 hours, and it freaked me out b/c then I thought about the whole "you shouldn't eat peanuts while your pregnant" thing... I didn't call right away about it, just in case he was just sleeping... turns out all was good, and I was so relieved when I felt him again...
  • I'm assuming we're saying LO isn't born yet?  Lol.  

I have the same issue, he is quiet for long stretches and then tons of punches and kicks and s-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g.  I know you are supposed to be 'counting' movements, but as a FTM, I keep felling that's long as the majority of the time I feel him, then we're ok. 

• Loading the player...
  • I have this issue, especially the other day from 8-5pm my LO didn't move a muscle.  I ended up going to the OB Triage and as soon as the nurse put the monitor on my belly my little girl kicked!!  I felt so stupid, but they monitored me for a while.  Actually they were picking up kicks that I wasn't even feeling.

I really didn't want to go to triage, I had a caffienated drink, I had lots of water and tried to poke her to get her to move, but she was being very stubborn.  I asked the nurse what I could do to keep from going to the triage everytime she didn't feel like moving.  She said there was nothing to do but come b/c it was better to be safe than sorry.  Right now 2 hours doesn't seem that bad, but if they wiggle for hours and then all of a sudden stop, it can freak you out.  I hope that helped or at least you know you are not alone.

Anniversary Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • 2 hours straight???  MOST days I can't feel her for like 3 or 4 hours straight, sometimes much more with only one or two little taps inbetween.  My dr has be do kick counts, so as long as I can feel her once a day, 10 movements within an hour (it usually takes 20 minutes), I don't worry at all.  Today is one of those great days that she moves most of the day though.

BFP#1 EDD 11/8/11 - MC @ 9w6d, 4/15/11 we said goodbye
    BFP#2 DD arrived 5/7/12
  • As LO runs out of room, the movement becomes less frequent. My LO tends to sleep all day long and I do not feel him at all until late evening after dinner.

If you are concerned, you can try drinking orange juice and then lay on your left side to bring on movement. You can also shine a flashlight at your belly. :)

• I think mine was thrown off by daylight savings time.  She is normally really active when I first go to bed, and last night she got started much "later" than usual.  I knew I shouldn't freak out since I'd felt her going nuts all day, as usual, but I'm used to feeling her at certain times now.
  • aw try not to worry....also if you are a very active person and move around alot that movement and make the baby sleep longer :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• imagemeeko1985:
    2 hours straight???  MOST days I can't feel her for like 3 or 4 hours straight, sometimes much more with only one or two little taps inbetween.  My dr has be do kick counts, so as long as I can feel her once a day, 10 movements within an hour (it usually takes 20 minutes), I don't worry at all.  Today is one of those great days that she moves most of the day though.

My baby is the same way. I can go all day and not feel her. She likes to party early in the morning before I get up (she usually wakes me up) and then when I lay down to go to sleep. I don't normally feel anything when I'm at work. I'm sure she is kicking, but I think I'm just too busy to  really pay attention.

I get worried when everyone on here says that they feel baby all the time. Just to reassure me, LO is kicking right now (not her regularly scheduled time ;-)

• it is normal for me to not feel movement for 2+ hours.  I don't expect to feel LO every hour of every day.  Just think, when they come out they are awake and active for 30-60minutes and then sleep for 1-3 hours...same in utero.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you, ladies!  All of your comments make me feel so much better.  I guess as a FTM, I tend to worry about everything and I worry more when I do not feel her move for extended periods of time.  It's so comforting to know that this is not unusual.  Thanks again!
  • I do! I know when it comes time where he actually is active not to worry so much about the times he's not. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't think 2 hours of no movement warrants concern. Heck, when I nap, I can sometimes be dead to the world for 3 hours or so. It's only when I don't feel him for six or so hours that I get nervous and start poking and prodding him. He's so squished now, though, that the movements are more like rolls.
  • imageFirstTimePregnancy:
    My LO apparently likes to sleep for extended periods of time at this point.  I can feel little to no movement for like 2 hours straight and just about the time I am about to have a heart attack that something is wrong, she will start to move.  Is anyone else having this issue???

My LO did this. He had very distinctive awake/sleep patterns, and when he did sleep, it was a deep sleep. I rented a doppler, so in the beginning I just checked on him that way. Once when he started the deep sleep thing, I was away from the house, so I had a sugary coffee from Starbucks to wake him up.

DS's sleep patterns caused me some annoyance at my triage visits (I needed prostaglandin treatments for an unfavorable cervix) and and in L&D. The nurses wouldn't take my word for it that LO was just a deep sleeper. They shoved popsicles down my throat and forced me to stay hooked up to monitors to make sure LO was okay.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"