3rd Trimester

Men Rant (humorous)

I am sooooooo sick of the men at work who think they know everything about pregnancy and labor because their wife had a kid 10 years ago... 

Unless you have a vagina, have been pregnant, or have a degree focusing in poking around in those general areas... quit telling me about my pregnancy, pending delivery, and pain... I am about ready to drag them by a certain appendage and slam it into the nearest door.

Ahhh... I feel better.  Have a great day ladies!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Men Rant (humorous)

• Word Life!!
  • Amen. There is one guy at work I strategically avoid. In one conversation, he managed to tell me I'm a bad mother for planning to come back to work, that I should take a bike to the store with my kid strapped to me if money is an issue, and that bottle feeding is JUST FINE...all because these are the things his wife did (THIRTY YEARS AGO). Walk away quickly - or incur the wrath, sir.
  • Loading the player...
  • True that!

I haven't really had anyone talk to me about all that kind of stuff yet... but I would feel the same if it were a guy trying to tell me about it...

Hope you have a great day too! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • At the beginning of my pregnancy my FIL went on a rant about how breastfeeding is so much better than formula feeding... then a couple of months later he freaked out because he thought DH's cousin was BFing in front of him (she wasn't!  She actually formula feeds her baby and was just holding him)... I'm planning on trying it and seeing how it goes, but certainly will not be running away to hide everytime my child is hungry.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • True story.

1st trimester I was one of the top bankers in our district so our mgr took some of us out to breakfast. These two guys from another branch were telling me all of these horrible stories about their wives giving birth. I was already dealing with 1st tri sickness, but I really thought I was gonna lose it. At least wait til I'm finished eating! GAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!

First came love, then came marriage - Oct 31, 09
    Then came a miscarriage March '11
    Then came a baby in the baby carriage May 16, 12

Waiting on our second little peanut!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Yes!  Hope it's a really heavy door!  Big Smile

.  How would they like it if we started offering advice about erections?

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Here is where I stand:  if you have a penis (and are not married to me) then you do not get to have an opinion about what is going on in my uterus OR how to raise my children.  Thank you....please just go back to watching March madness.
  • As annoying as it is I expected these comments from men. However I did not expect women (especially those close to my age or who have had children recently) to make the rude or ignorant comments and sometimes they are the worst!

I have about half a dozen friends who gave birth between September and November. When they were pregnant they were very supportive of me wanting to have a natural birth experience, breastfeed and such. However most of them did not stick to their guns and enjoy making rude remarks about how I will not be able to to it because they didn't/don't.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"