Babies: 6 - 9 Months

stage 2 car seat....HELP!!

We're getting ready to transition into a new car seat. He's been in the same seat since he's been born, his feet are close to dangling over the end so I think it just might be time to move onto the next size....I am clueless to what kind of features to look for?!!! anyone have any good tips or brands I should look for? Thanks for your help!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: stage 2 car seat....HELP!!

• It is hard! I researched like crazy and all I learned is that a carseat is pretty much a carseat. They all meet the same safety standards so it's not like one is more safe than another.

I picked a budget I was comfortable with (I had to buy 2 afterall!) picked a weight limit I'd be happy with, could be rearfacing until age 2/weight wise and fairly importantly would fit in both the back of my car and Hs truck and still have space for other people.

Fairly easy to install was also a must for us because it ends up in grandma's car sometimes too.

I got 2 maxi cosi peories. I love them well enough. They met the criteria and the fun red color is a plus. The weight limit is only 40 pounds but my 8 month old only tops out at 16 pounds now, so that's not something that worried me. Considering the genetics that are on her side she'll be 40 pounds and still within the height limit in kindy. ;)

• We ended up getting the Graco MyRide 65 for our cars and a handme down Evenflow something for my mom's. I really like them both. Easy to install and use, although the Evenflow adjustable harness is really nice (no rethreading)
  • Loading the player...
  • lautilauti member

His feet dangling over the edge doesn't mean he has outgrown it.  It's when his head is one inch from the top of the seat.

That said, we have Britax seats (a Marathon 70 and a Roundabout) and have been pleased so far. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"