3rd Trimester

Any other mommas at the stage where you're starting to feel less pretty than before?

I've always been one to put my makeup on and fix my hair. ALWAYS. Lately though I've been way too tired.. Today I broke down and did it because I'm going out tonight for the first time in a long time.. But I just have been feeling a little less pretty.. Don't get me wrong.. Pregnancy is beautiful.. I've just developed dark circles under my eyes and the uneven skin tone.. and it bugs me... I guess it's just a feeling that will go away.. Any other mommas feeling this way right now?

Re: Any other mommas at the stage where you're starting to feel less pretty than before?

• Oh, yes. My face is broken out because of these hormones and everytime I have to step on that scale at the doctor's office, I cringe. I'm also starting to get the "tiger stripes" on my sides and that's not really helping. The major plus I have going is the baby is doing good so far. My hair seems to be really healthy these days too. I also bought some new makeup (Bare Minerals) to make me feel a little better and it actually helped.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker image
  • I feel like I went through this a bit in reverse.  I felt least pretty when I was just plumping up.  When I was as far along as you are now, I felt about the same as you're describing, but at 8 mos pregnant, I feel like I look pretty damn good for 8 mos pregnant.  I don't personally find pregnancy beautiful, per se, at least not on me, but my skin is clear, I've been sleeping better lately, and I found a new shampoo that I like.  I hope this feeling less pretty phase passes quickly for you.  There are so many phases and feelings in these 9 mos that I wouldn't expect it to necessarily last the rest of your pregnancy.  
  • Loading the player...
  • I can't say that I have, but I do find my desire to get all "dolled up" or "put together" on the weekends is lacking.  At this stage of my pregnancy though I'm trying to rest up anyway.

Try to do something nice for yourself like take a warm bath, shave your legs (if you can reach them) and maybe even do your nails.  Or, give yourself an at-home facial. Sometimes you don't have to have your makeup on to feel good.  

• This is the first pregnancy where I've noticed weight gain in other places besides my belly.  I think my face is so round and gross.  I really noticed it last night when I pulled my hair back.  I rarely wear it up cuz it's kinda short.  I was grossed out. 
    imageimageimage
  • Just wait until you take care of a newborn.....with my first baby, I finally understood why mommies went to the grocery store in sweats with no makeup on!
  • I told myself that I wouldn't let myself go during pregnacy and even after baby arrives. Some days it was challenging to get dressed, put a little make up on and do my hair, but I did. When you feel like you look better, you feel better.

I plan on doing the same this time around too. It'll be more challenging with a 3 y.o. running around and a nb in the mix, but I'll try.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I was feeling pretty blah there for a while, but in the last 4 days or so I have felt more beautiful.  My belly is getting more full, breasts are SUPER full, and I know I am nearing the end...all things that make me feel like I have accomplished something by getting to this point.  My body is doing what it is supposed to and that makes me feel more confident. 

Hope your your desire for self-care and beauty returns...maybe you will have a later turn around like I did.  Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Me too

My face is puffy and gross.  My boobs are big and veiny and I leak colostrum.  I have lovehandles now and cellulite on my ass.  I have terrible gas all the time now also, which is just the sexy icing on the sexy cake.  Oh, and I cry at least once daily! 

I totally agree with the sentiment that pregnancy is cute....on other people.

• o ya so much. i really dont even feel like gettin dressed up anymore since everything i use to wear to dress up doesnt seem to fit me at all anymore. but we all got to think of it this way its all worth it in the end
  • imageRnMom2Be:
    Just wait until you take care of a newborn.....with my first baby, I finally understood why mommies went to the grocery store in sweats with no makeup on!

Ugggh I thought the bump was a place to escape the "just wait" comments! 

• imageRnMom2Be:
    Just wait until you take care of a newborn.....with my first baby, I finally understood why mommies went to the grocery store in sweats with no makeup on!

This exactly.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagejayleigh68:

imageRnMom2Be:

you were wrong.  we can't help it. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • yeah, i suffer from undereye circles too. just remember that you ARE beautiful, and your body is under incredible stress carrying a new life (soul, etc) into this world. try to pamper yourself if you get a chance. it's only a short time of being pregnant. . .and then you get a new family member. hold tight, mama, and remember to laugh a lot at all these very quick changes in your body, emotions, etc. it's a ride!
  • imagecloud9climber:
    imagejayleigh68:

imageRnMom2Be:

you were wrong.  we can't help it. 

Well I guess it couldn't have been that bad since you'll be doing it all again! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"