3rd Trimester

What are your post-pregnancy weight loss plans

Are you planning to join a mommy boot camp? Walking? Go back to the gym? Calorie counting?

Re: What are your post-pregnancy weight loss plans

• I want to start by taking the baby on a lot of walks. I'm hoping to get back to the gym and I think if I sign up for a 10k in October that I will have more motivation to do that!
  • Lots of walking, probably cut out of the junk I've been eating (bad carbs, soda and sweets!) and start slowing back into P90X... def doing yoga when I can .... hopefully have the time to do everything! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My H used to be a personal trainer, and he said that once I am cleared by my doctor to start exercising again he is going to start taking me to the gym and lose the baby weight, and a few extra pounds that I have hanging around. 
  • weight watchers.. worked great after #2.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm interested to hear other's input.  I haven't labored before and prior to conceiving I had a mostly paleo diet and was big on crossfit / circuit training / plyometrics as well as hiking.  I don't know how soon I'll be able to get back to that type of workout regimen, though, but I figure as long as I can get it some crunches, squats and burpees I should be okay!

Hubby and I were hoping to do a Tough Mudder or Warrior Dash event this year, too.  Oh well.

• I'm going to start off walking, and the move on to Couch to 5k. Hopefully between breastfeeding and that I can get back to pre-pregnancy.
  • With two kiddos under 2 I'm going to be plenty active/tired. I'm just going to do my best to eat well and get outside with them whenever possible. I'll also be breastfeeding again (hopefully) so that requires more calories anyway. I also want to take Connor to swimming lessons this summer. 

It took me about a year to get down to my pre-pregnancy weight last time and I'm expecting that again... maybe a little less since I've gained less.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

I'll love you forever,
    I'll like you for always,
    As long as I'm living my baby you'll be.
    - Robert Munsch
  • i signed up with a personal trainer 2 days a week for motivation!  we got prego almost immediately after getting married, and i had gained a little too much weight before then anyway, so i need to take that off too.  I too want to do marathons and what not, so I have them posted up on my fridge for motivation too!!  my hubby and i are very active, so we made sure to get a rough and tumble stroller and a carrier for the baby so we can still walk and hike and what not.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • starting with walking ~ going to be spring and nice out (hopefully).  just need to master stroller & 95lbs dog at the same time.  In the summer I am going to sign up for a stroller boot camp in the park.  And go back to watching what I eat .... been 8 months of I am hungry feed me now choices!!!!
  • I've never been an exercizer.  I'm going to take lots of walks around the neighborhood, trail hiking and swimming this summer and watching what I eat.  I'll also be breastfeeding/pumping for as long as I can manage, which should help.
  • Weight watchers and the Y (free child watch- score!).
    BabyFetus Ticker Blessed with a girl and boy, number 3 due 5/5/12!
  • I've had great success with my Lose It! app on my iPhone, so I'll be using that again to track my food intake.  Then, lots of walking/elliptical machine and hopefully some playing in the park with LO and the dogs on the weekends.
  • I'm going to jump on My Fitness Pal again and monitor my calories/nutrition. Also, breastfeeding and pumping really helped burn calories last time. Since this is a Spring baby I'll be making use of the track a few minutes down the road and pushing the stroller around that as many times as I can handle!
  • With DD # 1, Once I got home from the hospital I only ate really healthy and cut out all junk, sweets, ect.  That seemed to help a lot since the first few weeks you can't do much else physically.  Then I added walking every day into the mix.  Once I got the go ahead from the Dr. to exercise again I went back to the gym.  I'm hoping I can do this again.  I lost all the baby weight by the time DD was 3.5 months so I kind of have that in my mind that I will be to my normal weight by September and hopefully I can be :-) The only thing I'm worried about is, now we live in Florida so it's not like I can just take the baby on a walk since it's so much hotter out in the summer.  Also I don't have a double stroller since DD will be 3 when this one is born and I don't see the need for it at this point.

I think what I'm going to do is when DH gets home from work I will go to the gym and walk on the treadmill until I get the go ahead to really start working out, so get some activity in.  I feel like it's going to be harder this time around since I will have two kids to look after, but it's important to me so I'm going to try as best I can.

• I'm going to do my best to eat healthy meals and slowly ease my way back into being a vegetarian. I'll probably try to walk with my LO every day and I'm debating starting a program like weight watchers! We will see though. To be honest I'm not that concerned. Weight loss is my last priority. I just want to be a good mom!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Changing my diet (eliminating sweets and eating healthier), walking after the baby is born, and running (when I'm cleared for exercise).

• With 3 kids. Nothing much. Might cut back on the size of meal & breastfeeding helped me a lot in my 2 previous pregnancies... Big Smile I usually snapback well....

• I'm a former marathon runner turned gym rat. I plan on going to the gym for cardio and weights, but we also have P90X at home and I am considering doing that instead. I'll start the intense work outs once I get clearance from my doctor, but I plan to start walking ASAP after birth. As always, I will watch what I eat, but I do not belive in calorie counting.

imageimageimage
  • Signed up for a half marathon that I will need to start training for as soon as I get the clear from the doctor.  Can't wait to start running again without this baby bump!  I forgot what it was like to run without it!
  • breastfeeding, lots of walking, also I just started a supervised exercise program so hopefully i can continue after the baby comes.

Audrey is going to be a big sister!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I haven't stopped going to the gym and don't plan to until I'm literally about to pop! I'm still doing the same workout I've done for months, about half as much as what I did pre-preg. Hopefully I will be back at the gym with DH doing tag-team workouts pretty soon after the birth. My gym accepts 6 weeks old into their childwatch so at that point I'll be able to ramp it right back up.
    Eleanor Gwendolyn
  • Once I'm cleared for activity, I'll start with taking DS for walks in our new neighborhood (we'll be in a new house about 6 weeks before he's born).  I also got Zumba for Wii Fit for Christmas, so I hope to be able to use that as well.
    -Michele Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Honestly, my biggest thing this time is to not eat crap and everything in sight while BFing. I was not prepared to have DD at 35 weeks so we wound up eating really crappy for a month or two until I got things back under control. Freezer meals and needing to eat healthy with DD should also really help.

Besides that, I am just really hoping that BFing works as well as it did last time to melt weight off. I gained 40 lbs, and didn't really do anything to lose it, and lost all but 5 without trying. I found that anything except for walking caused supply hits, but it will be summer this time, so it will be much easier  to get out and walk. I also started doing insanity around 9 months pp and loved it. But then I got pregnant again. Hopefully I can start insanity around 6 months this time.

• I did Weight Watchers after having both of my other kids and loved it.  I will probably do that again and take baby walking a lot.  I started running shortly before I found out I was pregnant.  I am not a runner at all and since it was such a new activity to my body, I stopped.  I loved it though.  I hope to get back to that at some point. 
    imageimageimage
  • lcwedlcwed member
    Weight Watchers and walking with LO.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• Be careful all of you who are planning on working out hard right away! It is hard to keep up a good supply if your bfing if you loose too much weight right way though diet and exercise. You still need almost an extra 300 cal a day since you are still providing your child with all of their nutrients.

My plan is to bf and play out side with my boys. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • For the beginning, watching what I eat and my regularly-scheduled dog and baby walks.  When I get more into a rhythm, I'll start running again and I'll going to sign up for a barre class.  If the pounds aren't dropping, then I'll join WW at that point.  WW helped a lot pre-wedding, so I think it's awesome.

mm 2/17/11 * dd born 4/20/12 * bo 1/3/14 * edd 1/211/15 

• imagehkandiko:
    I want to start by taking the baby on a lot of walks. I'm hoping to get back to the gym and I think if I sign up for a 10k in October that I will have more motivation to do that!
  • imagehkandiko:
    I want to start by taking the baby on a lot of walks. I'm hoping to get back to the gym and I think if I sign up for a 10k in October that I will have more motivation to do that!

This is my EXACT plan!

• imageNeverLostHope:
    I'm going to start off walking, and the move on to Couch to 5k. Hopefully between breastfeeding and that I can get back to pre-pregnancy.

This plus a lot of grilled chicken and veggie meals.

My Blog: www.heatherjo05.blogspot.com,Married August 2009,Diagnosed insulin resistant & PCOS, Ditched BCP-Sept 2009, First RE appt. - March 2011, Success- Sept. 2011 Injectables and IUI BabyFetus Ticker
  • Walking and back to eating low carb. Always works for me. 

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • Give birth in May.  Walk in the summer when it's not too hot.  Then in August I will start back doing my 3x/week for 1 hour each Zumba.

• I've been thinking about rejoining Weight Watchers, definitely putting baby in stroller and walking also during my Zumba videos (can't wait).  I never been so ready to exercise before!!
    Anniversary Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • Hopefully I'll exercise and diet.  Ugh - I hate diets.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • Definitely Weight Watchers, I was on it before I got pregnant and I loved their new plan! Plus I hear you get a lot of points if you're on it while breastfeeding :)
  • hmm I don't know. I wasn't overweight pre pregnancy so I guess I just assumed with normal habits (eat healthy & exercise) i would just at some stage end up back where I was before I got pregnant.

i guess if a few months PP I was still lugging around a good bit of extra weight, then I'll get more serious about it. But I can't imagine dieting, counting calories etc. while caring for a newborn! I don't care if it takes months to get back in my old clothes and I'm ok with the fact that this summer won't be a "bikini summer" for me.

I am looking forward to returning to exercising properly, simply because I miss being in shape. Oh it will be sweet to be in shape again, able to run and bike etc. Hell, able to get out of bed without groaning and getting out of breath will be pretty sweet!! haha

• With three other kids and a baby I dont even dare dream of working out until fall when all of them start school again.. of course I'll stay active w/ them at the pool and park but the thought of trying to have workouts every day w/ a newborn schedule and three other kids just makes me anxious (b/c I know it won't happen and I'll be frustrated... more frustrated then if I didn't even try and work out...) so. My plan is to eat super clean and healthy and walk when I can (maybe in the evenings when it cools off?)  and then come fall I'll start my regular workouts again.  :)  
  • Zen food delivery and back to my Crossfit trainer.  Continue with my spin classes and back to rock climbing again (with lots of cardio drills on the wall).  A few 5 K's and want to start boxing again too. 

Took a year to lose it last time.  I gained 20 less pounds this time but I'm older so I'm expecting it to take a year again.

• Cleaning up my eating, walking often and getting back into heavy weight lifting.  I've got everything I need free weights wise in my basement to redo the program from New Rules of Lifting for Women and I'm actually looking forward to it. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I plan to do a bunch of walking over the summer. Eventually I plan to do what worked after DD#1 - Weight Watchers and running.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"