2nd Trimester

Whats Your Exercise Routine?

I had been doing 10 mins of stretching, and a 30 min prenatal yoga video every day.  And also hitting the treadmill for a 30 brisk walk 4 days a week... Well the video bores the crap out of me now and our treadmill stopped working last week.  Its still a little cold to take my walk outside.  Sooooo, once the treadmill broke, I started a brand new fresh routine.  I turn up the music and dance in my living room.  I stretch before and after while listening to certain favorite songs, but I flip through to find motivating positive songs on the ipod and just dance my little heart out for a half hour.  I find that I have a big smile on my face the whole time too!  It beats the pants of my old routine!  I was just curious as to what your exercise routines are and if you enjoy them?  

Re: Whats Your Exercise Routine?

• I walk my dog and the stairs to get to my apartment lol.  I would enjoy walking my dog but it is still so cold out.  I can't wait till it gets warmer and then I plan on going for longer and then when the pool opens up at my complex I'll be in there a ton.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I do yoga/pilates twice a week for an hour and 15 minutes, and then try to walk a couple days a week.  The difference maybe that I do the yoga/pilates as a class with others, not just one video; however next week I will be off for a week and will doing videos so I may be in the same boat you're in.  I enjoy mine so far :)
  • Loading the player...
  • imagel_kolar2005:
    I do yoga/pilates twice a week for an hour and 15 minutes, and then try to walk a couple days a week.  The difference maybe that I do the yoga/pilates as a class with others, not just one video; however next week I will be off for a week and will doing videos so I may be in the same boat you're in.  I enjoy mine so far :)

Yeah, a class with others would be way more enjoyable.  Thats great that you enjoy your routine though.  I have felt so much more like exercising since starting a daily dance party in my living room. Lol 

• I had literally just  started working out again last week with my Summer Sander's video and then at a last minute appt. on Monday Iwas put on pelvic rest and no exercise restrictions due to cramping and a high volume of BH's. I was so sad.

I really do like the Summer Sanders video and feel like its an actual good workout, considering you're pregnant.  I have two other DVD's but they aren't nearly the same intensity.

I'm waiting for some warm weather so I can go outside for walks. We don't have sidewalks by us so I usually take the kids down to the boardwalk to walk. But itneeds to be warm because it's always windy and chillier down there. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • When I was pregnant with my first I would hit the gym 3-4 days a week for a 30 minute elliptical workout, 10 minutes on the stair climber and then 15 minutes of light weights for arms/legs. Now that I'm pregnant with my second... my workout entails of running after a 16 month old from 6:30a until 1p until he goes down for his nap!! And then a walk with my son in the stroller in the afternoon if the weather is nice enough.
  • I average around 20 miles of running a week & do yoga as often as possible. I also lift 5 lb weights while walking on the tm & watching tv like bravo & bachelor. Ha! 

The dancing sounds fun but I don't think I'd keep it up for an hour,, good for you! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I was doing Zumba for Wii and I loved it but that was until I got what I think was lightening crotch.  I didn't do anything crazy or jumps but all of a sudden I felt like someone stabbled me down below and I had to sit down until it passed...Now I'm scared to do Zumba again so I've been sticking with walking on the treadmill for 30 minutes most days. 
  • I try to walk for 30 minutes each night, usually just pushing DD in the stroller around the neighborhood before bedtime.  Also practicing prenatal yoga a few times a week.  LOVE!   
    Growing Baby Shelton: A Mommy Blog

BabyFruit Ticker
    Can't wait to meet my baby boy!
  • 30 - 45 mins on the eliptical and 15 minutes of weights 4 - 5 days a week.

View Full Size ImageView Full Size ImageView Full Size Image

DD #1 9/11/10

DD #2 8/28/12

#3 Due 10/8/15

• I used to be really fit and went to the gym or jogging 3-4 times a week, but I find it hard to do now.

I do a prenatal yoga class once a week - it's 1.5 hours.  I also try to get at least a 20 minute walk every day.  When the weather is nicer, I take my dogs to the park for a longer walk 45 mins to an hour.  I hope to do this more once spring arrives.

• I'm doing a challenge to walk/jog 90miles Mar 1st-31st. I also have a few 5k races coming up that I really enjoy doing, mostly to compete against myself and old times, though I don't think my times are gonna get much better til after baby is here. I do plan on doing yoga and I Zumba at my gym, sometimes I play Just Dance 2 for the Wii. I just do what I can to stay active while I have the energy :)
  • I walk almost 3 miles a day (a little over a mile to and from work) and then do workout routines I find on youtube at least 3 times a week.  I'm trying to be fit this pregnancy (instead of huge and out of shape like last time) but I haven't found one routine that I like most.  Youtube lets me have options without paying for them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ha! Not much of anything. I'm still so exhausted 24/7 with random spurts of energy that don't last very long.

My fiance' and I will take 20-30 minute walks/strolls in the evenings. But that is nothing compared to what I'm used to doing. Oh well, I'm listening to my body and I'm not going to push it. I will probably start up a pre-natal yoga class. I'm holding off on the Zumba until after baby comes. I don't feel comfortable doing it right now.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"