Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

No heartbeat at 6 1/2 weeks...waiting is torture

I had an US yesterday at 6 weeks 4 days because I've been having spotting, cramping, and hcg didn't rise enough. I never really felt pregnant and had no symptoms, so I was kind of mentally prepared for what was going to happen. Nevertheless, it's been just as difficult and painful.  I've been crying on and off for a week waiting for this US and the bad news.  Well, I was correct that there was no heartbeat, but the doc said he feels it's too early to do a D&C and I have to go back next week to check again.  OMG! I have to wait another week!!?? Has anyone had a similiar experience? Of course I would never want to terminate a pregnancy early if there is any chance it's viable, but I just have a feeling in my heart it's not. No bleeding at all yet. I just want this to be overwith! I feel like my life is on hold.  I'm so depressed averyone at work can tell something is wrong.  I don't know if I should tell them or make something up.

Re: No heartbeat at 6 1/2 weeks...waiting is torture

• I am sorry you are going through this. 

My experience is very similar to yours, and it didn't end happy.  I will be happy to share it with you through a PM if you like.

*BFP 11/3/07*J born 07/06/08*
    *BFP 10/15/11*CP 10/18/11*
    *BFP 2/1/12*EDD 10/14/12*natural M/C 2/24/12 7w*
    *BFP 5/2/12*E born 01/03/13 (her due date)
  • I just naturally miscarried at 6.5 weeks. I would hope that your flow increases and you pass it on your own. Mine has just been like a regular period that started out with just light spotting. At the peek I had some larger clots after a couple hours of heavier cramps, but it wasn't anything too bad. I've had a D&C before---I would much rather pass it naturally, especially at this early on. So sorry you are going through this. It was the same for me though, never really "felt" pregnant mentally either.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry you are going through this. I agree with you--the waiting is torture. I was in waiting limbo for two weeks with blood tests to track my HcG and ultrasounds. I only had the gestational sac during my first ultrasound (when by going by my LMP I should have been roughly 8 wks by then). I didnt have any signs of miscarriage. In my heart though, like you, I had the gut feeling something was not right because I didnt have ANY pregnancy symptoms but after thinking about it, even though the wait was so hard I still needed to be 10000% sure that the pregnancy was not a viable one. I opted for the D&C after the 2 weeks,which helped me physically & emotionally move on. My T&P are with you. Hang in there. ((hugs))
    BFP 12/25/11 , 1st U/S @ 8wks diagnosed BO, 2/6/12 D&C,
    2/13/12 Partial Molar Pregnancy diagnosed
    Forced break for two cycles
    TTC June 2012

imageimage
  • AlbahAlbah member
    So sorry you are going through this! I completely understand that desire to be done with everything. My process of HCG's and ultrasounds lasted 2 weeks but felt like a year. Hang in there, it will be over soon! <Hugs> 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I agree...waiting is torture!!! But so is wondering if you had a D&C too quickly!!! I felt pressured into one with my second miscarriage - I didn't really think I had an option. At 8 wks with no heartbeat, I was rushed from the ultrasound room to the operating room for a D&C. For two years after that, I was in pain from what my new Dr told me was scar tissue...so I had to have another surgery to remove that because they punctured my uterus in the 1st D&C!!! Later I found out a couple of my girlfriends didn't have a heartbeat at their ultrasounds until they were 12 and 13 weeks along!!! They went on to have healthy babies :)

I have had 4 mc's and 3 of those passed naturally. I would much rather be 10000% sure that it's not a viable pregnancy than wonder! Try to not stress,(I know it's so hard not to) if you are still pregnant, it's not healthy for the baby. And stressing won't change the outcome... Not to worry you, but I just spent 3 weeks "patiently waiting" for a miscarriage. It wasn't easy, but I'm glad I know for sure. I told my husband it's not over until God says it's over, not the Dr! And from my experience, it's easier to get pregnant and be on a "normal" cycle following a natural miscarriage, as compared to the D&C route. Your body will know what to do...

Hang in there!!! My thoughts and prayers are with you now :)

As for coworkers - I told only the ones I really trusted (had to tell the boss b/c I didn't want him to assume I was just slacking off at work, and surprisingly he was understanding b/c he and his wife had several mc's as well!!) I've found the more I open up about it, the more I hear of other women with similar experiences.

• First of all, I'm so sorry you're having to go through this stress. My experience is very similar to yours. I had an u/s at what should have been nearly 9 weeks. Baby was measuring 6weeks and no HB could be spotted. I was told to wait a week to be sure the baby wasn't growing, and the day before the second ultrasound, I began cramping and bleeding. I was too scared to wait for a natural miscarriage, so I had a D&C 2 days later. I hope that your situation has a happier ending. But we'll be here if you need us. T&Ps.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • As far as telling your coworkers, do what you feel comfortable doing. I had a coworker that I'm close with explain others that I work directly with what happened. I was out 3 days, and didn't want to worry anyone or start any rumors. I also felt that it was fair to make them aware of my situation so they knew to be sensitive when I returned. I also requested that everyone treat me "normal" and that I would seek them out or talk about it when I was ready. This made my first day back much easier to handle. I'm a teacher, so I told my students there was a death in my family. This allowed them to be sympathetic and sensitive if they noticed I was a little sad. (I teach 8th grade, so they were mature and kind about it) Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm so sorry. Waiting is so awful! Hope the week passes quickly for you. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"